4th March - The World Wakes

Sylpheed

How did Sliske have the Staff of Armadyl? It doesn't seem to make much sense no matter what quests you've done (or not done).

Mod Osborne: The Guardians of Armadyl make it clear that the dragonkin have the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl after Ritual of the Mahjarrat. This quest doesn't contradict that - Sliske has managed to get his hands on the staff even though it has been in the hands of a dragonkin. I don't want to reveal any more than that, since it will form a central element of a future quest. Suffice to say that Sliske has the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl, and it has been easy for him to craft a replacement orb. How Sliske got the staff will form another revelation that dramatically affects the world.

This may be crazy talk.. but could Sliske be an (Elder) God, perhaps Jas? That's how he got the staff - he just compelled the Dragonkin (who also acted like Jas is still around), that's how he can command his wights to obey him - no other Mahjarrat can do that, he used the staff so his true person would not be revealed. He also is interested in keeping his world safe (in his own crazy way) and that's why he has begun the purging of the Gods. Also explains why Guthix was not interested in stopping him, he knew he couldn't.

Crazy talk.

He is a Mahjarrat no question about that.

Plus all the Mahjarrat exhibit distinct skills that vary from each other but specifically Zemergoul's zombie hordes are not that different from Sliske's wights.

Enkhara also compelled people to do her bidding, even turning Anthankos into a bone guard to control him.

Bilrach also has a buttload of slaves that seem to be borderline thralls.

From examples of stand out examples Khazard could recede into the shadow world to survive, Hazeel has means to die and be resurrected etc.

Also the Origins of Gielinor video kinda hints at the fact the Elder gods are dead (Gielinor was their last creation) combined with the Tokhaar waiting for instruction from their master (an elder god) for all these centuries plus the visuals of their size and form make it very clear Sliske isn't one of them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I recall a few years back there was speculation that we are the avatar of Guthix.

Can't find the thread, or a cache'd version though.

In a way, I bet that's true now. Hey.. wait a minute I think Jagex may have read that thread too and said "That's a neat idea!"

One of the fair few points being that (previously) our character would spawn at Lumbridge upon completion of the tutorial, which at the time was above the Tears of Guthix, causing speculation that we are the reborned avatar of Guthix. As well as us being able to make decisions in quests to "balance" the outcomes. A few others I can't remember.

If anyone can find a cache'd version of the thread, I'd appreciate it. :)

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Would that be the explanation fr why the Balance Elemental seemed to recognize us?

No the explanation of that (given by jmods at some point or other) is that the Balance and Chaos elements are sort of outside time. They exist in all places at all times - hence why Chaos gave predictions in the letters to them future past and present are all one in the same. Hence why a meeting we have not had yet is where he knows us from. Kinda like the whole Dr Who River Song meeting in the wrong order thing where each time they meet she knows him less but he knows her more.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There is a thread on the RSOF where there has been put forth some idea's regarding the Automatons to make it in similar fashion as Glacors.

Well I've put in my idea there but I also wanted to ask you guys what you think of my proposition.

First the original post:

So people have been complaining about automaton drops (with good reason).

But instead of just saying "MAKE GLOVES LESS RARE"

I have a suggestion to fix this!

Add a new type of drop, but it would work sort of like armadyl shards for glacors. However, the products are not tradeable.

It could be anything but here is one possibility:

Guardians can drop: Guthix metal (~10% chance maybe)

Tracers can drop: Guthix metal (~5% chance) and Guthix fragments (~5%)

Generators can drop: Guthix fragments (~10% chance)

~MELEE~

With 85 Smithing, you can turn 50 guthix metal into a Guthix bar. You need 6 bars to make weapons. (300 metal total)

you can make either Guardian sword (2h), Guardian rapier, or offhand guardian rapier.

They do not degrade. They require 85 attack.

~RANGED~

You can also use 3 guthix bars to make Tracer crossbow limb, 2h crossbow limb, or offhand crossbow limb.

Then you use 150 fragments to make a Guthix stock. Use the stock on a limbs to make an unstrung crossbow. Use regular crossbow string to finish.

Tracer crossbows can not only fire all bolts, but also fire Tracer bolts! With 1 guthix bar you can make 5000 tracer bolts. 85 fletching to add feathers.

To use you need 85 Ranged. Does not degrade.

~MAGIC~

You can use 300 fragments to craft either a Generator wand or Generator staff. Requires 85 Crafting and 85 Magic to use. does not degrade.

And here is then my 2 cents:

I think it is a good idea, however make it somewhere between T75 and T80 and the weaponary are Ranged 2h/mh+oh and Wand/book...

The reason for this is as follow.

For the ranged weaponry there is not a single weapon between 70 and 80 with the exception of the Handcannon. But this weapon can blow up and then you're left empty (no-)handed ;D. Not really ideal!

For the Wand/book option and not a stave option is simply because there are already enough staves to begin with that is in the range of 70 and 80.

Notable the following staves: Enchanted Ancient Staff, Greater Runic Staff, Zuriel's, Staff of Light, Armadyl Battlestave and Polypore staff! A total of 6 staves without counting the 70s and Chaotic staff!

As for the wand and book, There is only 1 at every 10 levels since the Master Wand. And these wands, Ahrim's and Virtus with their respective books, are pretty rare to obtain and due that very expensive to buy. If there would be an option to slowly gather resources just like the Armadyl shards are for the Armadyl Battlestave, then it would lower the price of the previous mentioned wands, as well giving an option to upgrade in the meantime!

Now on to the last part, why no Melee equivalent?

Well there are already a quite big range of 2h weaponry in the game. Most notably the GWD weapons: Zamorakian Spear, Saradomin Sword and the 4 Godswords!

There is also a few Single handed weapons quite suitable! Abyssal Vine Whip (Albeit it requires 80 slayer, it is still a 75 weapon in this range),

Ancient weapons (Given they degrade =/) and Korasi Sword which is free from a not too hard quest.

Next to that it is not hard to upgrade to Chaotic's where there is plenty of Melee weapons, but only 1 ranged and 1 mage weapon!

This is my 2 cents.

P.S. an overall improvement of drops would be nice too =3!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Yeah, keep those down-gray-ing ideas coming, people clearly want everything to be fluffy and easy, just ask those 07' folks.

Just stop it. If something is rare and hard to get, guess what, grow a pair or just go QBD.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I personally don't see the problem with the drop rates. Right now, the rate already looks similar to Glacor boots. I've had two glove drops in roughly about 1.5k kills.

The pet on the other hand is just unecessasarily rare considering it doesn't do anything.

Sylpheed.png

I personally don't see the problem with the drop rates. Right now, the rate already looks similar to Glacor boots. I've had two glove drops in roughly about 1.5k kills.

The pet on the other hand is just unecessasarily rare considering it doesn't do anything.

Actually consider yourself very lucky. A lot of people (talking about in the hundreds) have gone past 4k kills without a single drop!

Ofcourse it is just basic chance game, bit this seems a bit far-fetched considering the gloves are the only drop of value, unlike the drops of Glacors.

Yeah, keep those down-gray-ing ideas coming, people clearly want everything to be fluffy and easy, just ask those 07' folks.

Just stop it. If something is rare and hard to get, guess what, grow a pair or just go QBD.

In my opinion the drop rate of the gloves (and the Cresbot) should indeed stay the same, however by updating the drop table like I proposed people can start to overlook the massive amount of kills they need to do before they get a gloves/pet drop. It makes the road to such a goal a bit more bearable. The drop rate of these resources could be rarer then the Armadyl Shards from Glacors. Something like 1 in 50. Rare enough to be actually something, yet common enough to collect it =3!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

That would still defeat the point of having a single rare drop. It's also another reason why people prefer 07 scape- they enjoy having the challenge. Making things easier also devalues the achievement of it. There are already enough easy things in the game, why can't getting these gloves stay 'hard'(about the droprate, it's likely 1/1536 per glove or 3x that of abyssal whip/sol/dark bow). However, i do agree that the purely cosmetic pet should be less rare, perhaps 1/200 or so.

• Like 2

i am camping there since the release day and still no luck/chance of gloves nor the pet...

That is demoralizing isn't it?

If my idea gets implemented and you would've gotten resources that can make a wand/book or MH/OH/2h range weaponry, so there is still a point in killing them a lot.

It's agreed on that the gloves should stay Very Rare in same fate as Glacor boots. Also the normal droptable of these Automatons is junk as in prices are crashing bad with the exception of those that are already close to alch price.

Would you then stay at the Automatons with a side goal like this? Or is just an update to the droptable enough so with a average of 1m/h profit fighting there?

Account Help

The problem is there are already enough steady income monsters to hunt, and not enough truly rare and hard-to-get pieces as a result. In rsc and at the start of rs2 bosses used to only have one specific rare drop and thus those items were highly sought after and expensive. Nowadays, most bosses we have drop a multitude of special drops that are relatively common, causing them to crash right after the rush dies down. Demoralising or not, if you want items to be rare and coveted, this is the way to go(and i still vividly remember my FFA divine, but my nex stuff? don't remember any of them).

The problem is there are already enough steady income monsters to hunt, and not enough truly rare and hard-to-get pieces as a result. In rsc and at the start of rs2 bosses used to only have one specific rare drop and thus those items were highly sought after and expensive. Nowadays, most bosses we have drop a multitude of special drops that are relatively common, causing them to crash right after the rush dies down. Demoralising or not, if you want items to be rare and coveted, this is the way to go(and i still vividly remember my FFA divine, but my nex stuff? don't remember any of them).

I'm not getting why you try to point me this. As I repeatedly stated, I do not want that the true rare drop to be made more common as in a higher droprate! I just want them do add in something that makes these monsters worthwhile to kill for with the gloves as a bonus are drop! Like Dragon platelegs/skirts are to Dragons with Visages. Or the Dragonrider boots with the KBD head for KBD!

Account Help

More and more consistent profit= more people killing= less rare.

I understand if they did this 5 years down the road when these gloves will be second rate, but right now, it's good to have some new, king of the hill rare drops.

It's also another reason why people prefer 07 scape- they enjoy having the challenge. Making things easier also devalues the achievement of it.

I had no idea that we were still playing 07Scape.

Some are.

I think you are playing wow-lite.

I can't be bothered with them simply because gloves don't do jack in EOC.

If they were untradeable and as usefull as barrows gloves in 07 then I would keep going there.

But, right it's just better to wait 8 months and buy them on the cheap, wow-lite style.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

It's also another reason why people prefer 07 scape- they enjoy having the challenge. Making things easier also devalues the achievement of it.

I had no idea that we were still playing 07Scape.

I had no idea jagex could have seen the error of their way...

Considering that WOW is and has for a long time been the industry leader in MMOs -- because its style is popular -- I'm not sure how calling something even a "lite" version of it is meant to reflect badly on a game by comparison to a six-year-old game which will probably never be updated in any significant way.

• Like 1

Considering that WOW is and has for a long time been the industry leader in MMOs -- because its style is popular -- I'm not sure how calling something even a "lite" version of it is meant to reflect badly on a game by comparison to a six-year-old game which will probably never be updated in any significant way.

It's an insult used by the kind of player that can't accept that the gaming landscape has changed.

• Like 4