4th March - The World Wakes

Sylpheed

Considering that WOW is and has for a long time been the industry leader in MMOs -- because its style is popular -- I'm not sure how calling something even a "lite" version of it is meant to reflect badly on a game by comparison to a six-year-old game which will probably never be updated in any significant way.

Because it's cool to not like whatever is the most popular. If the internet is full of one thing, it's hipsters.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Considering that WOW is and has for a long time been the industry leader in MMOs -- because its style is popular -- I'm not sure how calling something even a "lite" version of it is meant to reflect badly on a game by comparison to a six-year-old game which will probably never be updated in any significant way.

Because it's cool to not like whatever is the most popular. If the internet is full of one thing, it's hipsters.

Or because Runescape was always a very different game to WOW, combat needed updating (along with skills) and it got updated. Eoc is far better than pre-eoc ever was because you can actually get involved a lot more instead of click, read something in other tab, go back to click again.

• Like 1

Robbstarkded.png

More and more consistent profit= more people killing= less rare.

You were complaining that you didn't want things to become easier.

This wouldn't change the actual drop rate of the gloves, I do not see the problem.

This wouldn't change the actual drop rate of the gloves, I do not see the problem.

This would make it easier to obtain the gloves.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

This would make it easier to obtain the gloves.

In that case, let's not release any more weapons that are higher tier than 90 (Drygores), because it would make it easier to kill previous 'boss' creatures for their drops.

just use full torva/dual rune scimitars.. lol

The jagex approved way is torva with dual rune longswords, please get it right. ;)

• Like 4

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

just use full torva/dual rune scimitars.. lol

The jagex approved way is torva with dual rune longswords, please get it right. ;)

Rune swords actually. And they want you to use Pernix with Akrisae's mace to kill the rangers.

The point is that highest level gear shouldn't be available to everyone, thus making it challenging to obtain it. This game really needs more challenges(think fire cape when it was first released).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The point is that highest level gear shouldn't be available to everyone, thus making it challenging to obtain it. This game really needs more challenges(think fire cape when it was first released).

Agreed. I'd like a piece of content that is extremely difficult to complete even for a completely maxed player in the best gear available at the time of release. Some real end game content, like Nex was on release. When you compare KK to Nex on release, KK is nothing.

Something that requires skill even if you have the best stats in the game. Right now, there are very few, if any, pieces of equipment that are remotely difficult to obtain, other than extremely rare items (where it's about money not stats or skill)

Give me something in EoCscape that gives me the same feeling of achievement that getting 500 total does on 07scape. Right now there's nothing.

Asmodean <3

RS has never been a "challenging" game. The only time that "challenges" existed were when most peoples' combat stats were in the 70s-80s, not 99s.

As far as the Caves go, they were always easy. People just didn't realize it until they understood how to complete it "properly." If I got my cape on my pure on day 1 (which was possible), how do you think everyone would react? :P

Regardless, I predict that if Jagex were to release content only possible for people w/ max stats and top-tier gear, it'd either be so difficult because of the luck-factor that it would become dead content, or it would require enough skill that once people mastered it, it'd be considered "too easy" and then people would whine for a "real challenge," repeating the cycle.

In other words, if you want a challenge on your main account, that's not gonna happen. Go make a new account and try battles meant for people much stronger than you if you want a "challenge." That's about as close as you'll get these days. 07scape is great for this. See how fast you can beat the Fight Caves or Haunted Mine on a DIY account.

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

[hide]

[/hide]

Agreed. I'd like a piece of content that is extremely difficult to complete even for a completely maxed player in the best gear available at the time of release. Some real end game content, like Nex was on release. When you compare KK to Nex on release, KK is nothing.

Something that requires skill even if you have the best stats in the game. Right now, there are very few, if any, pieces of equipment that are remotely difficult to obtain, other than extremely rare items (where it's about money not stats or skill)

Give me something in EoCscape that gives me the same feeling of achievement that getting 500 total does on 07scape. Right now there's nothing.

How long have you played the game? I mean, how many days are there on your Adventurer's Log?

What I'm saying is, you can't grind all your skills up to max, get the best armour/weapons in the game, do each boss enough times to learn their attacks and specials inside-out, and then still expect things to be a challenge for you any more. If they made it so that bosses were an equal to challenge to you, they'd be near impossible to mid-to-high level players. The only way of solving that problem is by introducing things which require player skill in addition to the skill levels of the character in-game, except when they did that with Dungeoneering, people pissed and whinged about it because it wasn't a "skill" any more.

Either way, Jagex get blasted.

Why shouldn't there be bosses that are impossible for mid-high level players?

Also

2fu0S.png

Days played is so low because I quit for most of restricted trade & no wildy :P So everything was really fast & easy when I came back in comparison to when I started. Had this account for 8 years.

Asmodean <3

There should be, but this isn't one of them. It might be better to ask why every 'boss' has to be impossible for mid-high level players, including the ones that drop mid-high level gear.

It's sort of irrelevant though, these aren't a boss at all, they're a slayer monster.

Also

2fu0S.png

Days played is so low because I quit for most of restricted trade & no wildy :P So everything was really fast & easy when I came back in comparison to when I started. Had this account for 8 years.

And then there's my playtime/total...

YVANEvZ.png

:wall:

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

How did Sliske have the Staff of Armadyl? It doesn't seem to make much sense no matter what quests you've done (or not done).

Mod Osborne: The Guardians of Armadyl make it clear that the dragonkin have the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl after Ritual of the Mahjarrat. This quest doesn't contradict that - Sliske has managed to get his hands on the staff even though it has been in the hands of a dragonkin. I don't want to reveal any more than that, since it will form a central element of a future quest. Suffice to say that Sliske has the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl, and it has been easy for him to craft a replacement orb. How Sliske got the staff will form another revelation that dramatically affects the world.

This may be crazy talk.. but could Sliske be an (Elder) God, perhaps Jas? That's how he got the staff - he just compelled the Dragonkin (who also acted like Jas is still around), that's how he can command his wights to obey him - no other Mahjarrat can do that, he used the staff so his true person would not be revealed. He also is interested in keeping his world safe (in his own crazy way) and that's why he has begun the purging of the Gods. Also explains why Guthix was not interested in stopping him, he knew he couldn't.

[spoiler=Hmmm]That may explain why Jagex in their FAQ also say that maybe Sliske became a god now... if your theory is correct (I would love for you to be correct with this one!) then Sliske is already a god. On the other hand - the mahjarrat all know who is mahjarrat; as in: aren't they aware of all mahjarrat in Gielinor? They all travelled to Gielinor at the same time after all?

Sliske will also return for wanting to add the player to his barrows collection. Could well be that now we have Guthix's blessing that there is no way that Sliske can hehe!

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

I wasn't aware that everyone had completed the quest requirements to access Automatons.

One question: Did this discussion come through just because someone didn't like my idea because it would give incentive to even kill the Automatons and due tot there would be more gloves in the game, which makes content easier access too and thus all of above happening?

I just got confused by the sudden change of discussion o.O

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Moved most of the posts about access to high items and wealth into a new thread, which can be found here. Discussion was getting a bit beyond the scope of this thread, and it seems to be a worthy discussion point in it's own right. Please direct any further posts on that subject to the new thread.

Just got a Cresbot. I am sort of glad, since the gloves can at least be bought whereas the Cresbot can't be. I guess I will still be around with Automatons until I get bored since I have got the main thing from there now, no compulsion to stay if I don't feel like it.

• Like 1

Just got a Cresbot. I am sort of glad, since the gloves can at least be bought whereas the Cresbot can't be. I guess I will still around with Automatons until I get bored since I have got the main thing from there now, no compulsion to stay if I don't feel like it.

I think that they're decently good money if you ever get gloves. I know I get around 1.2m from normal drops in an hour consistently. With a glove drop here and there that could average out to 5m an hr for a fairly easy monster to farm. Glove prices seem to be hovering around the same marks they were at, too.

2dgucz6.png

In the Enakra fight, I found it easier to fight her with low health, then to run behind pillars. She can only take a little bit of your life points, so giving her low regenaration (by having a low health yourself) makes that you can damage her more then she can win back. All by all the easiest fight.

StGerolf.png