4th March - The World Wakes

Sylpheed

Coming next week, a brand new update whose implications and ramifications are so far reaching that we wanted to make it accessible to everyone as we will be building future updates on it. Without further adieu the following skills from levels 1-95 will become "part of the past", meaning the game will treat you as if you have acheived those levels regardless of whether you actually have or not. If you happen to be anywhere from level 1 to 95 in the following skills, you will be able to do all the things that one would be able to do if they were at level 95.

Click for skill list:

[hide]

Agility

Attack

Combat

Constitution

Construction

Cooking

Crafting

Defence

Dungeoneering

Farming

Firemaking

Fishing

Fletching

Herblore

Hunter

Magic

Mining

Prayer

Ranged

Runecrafting

Slayer

Smithing

Strength

Summoning

Thieving

Woodcutting

[/hide]

Plot holes, you say? What plot holes? Rational incentive structure? [bleep] that! It's the age of accessibility. Cheers everyone! Also when I said that this would be the year of "high-level updates", I was drunk. Didn't really mean it, sorry, brah! It's the age of handing everything on a silver platter to the kiddies so that their meager attention spans will sub in for the month.

-- Mod MMG, watering Runescape down and making it ridiculously easy since day 1!

Tad bitter are we? You stupidly nieve to think that they could leave the game with the same xp rates as before. A good example is Wow, because RS is starting to be like that as people are considering "endgame" content. If the vast majority of your current player base is at "end game" you need to accelerate the rates at which everyone else can catch up to that or you won't have new players sticking around.

TD:LR You need to up xp rates as a game ages so new players can play with the old players.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Actually I'm in quite a happy mood today. That was just my attempt at some satire (I was satirizing the ridiculous new Storyline/plotline system). As for increased XP rates (which don't really belong on this topic but I will answer anyways), my view has always been that it's perfectly fine to make skills easier over the time, but this must be done in a reasonable fashion and without crossing certain lines. There's a difference between releasing a new training method that gives say 20K more XP per hour over the previous method, and releasing Bonus Weekends where thousands of people get millions of free xp experience each and free XP is litered everywhere in D & D's and the SOF. There's a difference there that is self-explanatory.

enough discussion of time warping.... It hurts my brain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtkdo7bOmJc

All the quests required for full TWW completion are the past ONCE you have them all.

Any new quests following on from them or TWW are in the new 6th age.

I completely understand what you're saying, and it makes sense. It feels ridiculously messy and sloppy though all the same. The devs probably don't feel much better with it since it really seems like an unsolvable problem considering. Just...bahhh lol.

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey..

Brb I'm a timelord.

hzvjpwS.gif

Yeah it is a mess really they should've either:

Made TWW progressive pieces - eg room 1 is 140 cmb only but the very end requires it all

Or

Just make TWW require it all and save this confuddling bs.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It make sense as to why they had to do this, and its part of the inherant problem of runescape that you don't ever have to do a quest. If you needed to quest as part of your progression through the game, IE you reach level 50 in a stat you have to do a quest to keep going they wouldn't have this issue.

By giving players too much choice they made it so they can't give us choice.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Made TWW progressive pieces - eg room 1 is 140 cmb only but the very end requires it all

Or

A RFD style setup would have saved us from this mess.

• Like 1

Or

Yeah, but it wouldn't have been enough. It really wouldn't have. You would still have a league of content to follow that wouldn't be grandmaster or higher involving the 6th age and no way to explain it. They really did have no choice. The rising progression of requirements would've dictated that all others to follow would require that quest...unless they lowered it so that others could play it. We've got a slew of paradoxes to come because of the poor setup they had for the past.

I guess they never thought the game would last long enough to see another Age. It's still sloppy as hell but they made the bed and now they're laying in it. At least they're making the laying in it interesting though.

hzvjpwS.gif

Not sure if this has been linked to yet but there's an FAQ here which covers some stuff from the quest...

[hide] ...including the Staff of Armadyl:

"How did Sliske have the Staff of Armadyl? It doesn't seem to make much sense no matter what quests you've done (or not done).

Mod Osborne: The Guardians of Armadyl make it clear that the dragonkin have the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl after Ritual of the Mahjarrat. This quest doesn't contradict that - Sliske has managed to get his hands on the staff even though it has been in the hands of a dragonkin. I don't want to reveal any more than that, since it will form a central element of a future quest. Suffice to say that Sliske has the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl, and it has been easy for him to craft a replacement orb. How Sliske got the staff will form another revelation that dramatically affects the world." [/hide]

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Or

How would that have helped? The main point of this quest is that *SPOILER* guthix dies *SPOILER*, and with that you need Sliske, where is Sliske introduced? You'd need to have higher entrance requirements. Its impossible to break this up into stages when him dying is the final part of it.

Like I posted above^^ this issue was impossible to avoid because questing isn't manditory.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Ok there's an FAQ here which covers some stuff from the quest...

"How did Sliske have the Staff of Armadyl? It doesn't seem to make much sense no matter what quests you've done (or not done).

Mod Osborne: The Guardians of Armadyl make it clear that the dragonkin have the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl after Ritual of the Mahjarrat. This quest doesn't contradict that - Sliske has managed to get his hands on the staff even though it has been in the hands of a dragonkin. I don't want to reveal any more than that, since it will form a central element of a future quest. Suffice to say that Sliske has the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl, and it has been easy for him to craft a replacement orb. How Sliske got the staff will form another revelation that dramatically affects the world." [/hide]

I definitely think now, more than ever, that

Sliske is working with the Dragonkin. No doubt he still has his own intentions, but there's no other way he could have the staff without their cooperation.

hzvjpwS.gif

Sliske is working with the Dragonkin. No doubt he still has his own intentions, but there's no other way he could have the staff without their cooperation.

So does this mean the events of RotM are considered happening before TWW even if the player hasn't yet done that quest? Because otherwise the explanation of how he got the staff has to work no matter which order you did the quests in.

I suppose the quest about how he gets the staff could require you to have done TWW and RoTM and then it doesn't matter what order because he could have a minor explanation of how he got the staff between quests (stole from lucien for a few moments etc)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I suppose their solution makes sense as you are just viewing a memory/experience of the quest if you do it later. It does have paradox involved but at least they picked an explanation.

• Like 3

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

So does this mean the events of RotM are considered happening before TWW even if the player hasn't yet done that quest? Because otherwise the explanation of how he got the staff has to work no matter which order you did the quests in.

I suppose the quest about how he gets the staff could require you to have done TWW and RoTM and then it doesn't matter what order because he could have a minor explanation of how he got the staff between quests (stole from lucien for a few moments etc)

Except Azzanadra specifically says in game after TWW that Sliske took the pieces of the staff from the Dragonkin. This is after ROTM specifically. So yes, ROTM happened even if you didn't do them yet, if you did TWW before ROTM.

Nevermind, already answered

Edited by Thus

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey..

99 Engineering unlocks the ability to create your own Tardis. :lol:

• Like 3

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The timeline faq is handy apprently these quests are now 'the past'

• The Lost Tribe

• Death to the Dorgeshuun

• Another Slice of HAM

• Land of the Goblins

• The Chosen Commander

• Tail of Two Cats

• Enakhra's Lament

• Fight Arena

• Hazeel Cult

• Temple of Ikov

• Desert Treasure

• Tale of the Muspah

• Missing My Mummy

• Defender of Varrock

• The Curse of Arrav

• While Guthix Sleeps

• Ritual of the Mahjarrat

• The World Wakes

• The Firemaker's Curse

• Temple at Senntisten

And will all have a preface when you start them to say they are past events allowing for new lore things to assume those events have happened without a mass of reqs.

Also next weeks holiday event follows on from TWW, so I guess easter now = Celebration of guthix or something.

[qfc]15-16-901-64440376[/qfc]

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How would that have helped? The main point of this quest is that *SPOILER* guthix dies *SPOILER*, and with that you need Sliske, where is Sliske introduced? You'd need to have higher entrance requirements. Its impossible to break this up into stages when him dying is the final part of it.

Like I posted above^^ this issue was impossible to avoid because questing isn't manditory.

I think I've got it.

Base quest requires only The Chosen Commander (Because that quest sort of requires the Edicts), is shorter than the one we have now. You find Guthix's resting place and a mysterious individual kills him. You don't get a clear view of who or how. Wahisietel is present instead of Azzandra (But of course, nothing about his origins are explained, and all Mahjarrat use their pre-ritual appearances if ROTM is incomplete). The defense portion works in such a way that you can do it without combat. It will be required for all sixth age content, questing be damned.

Finishing the rest of the requirements unlocks (playable) sections that explain the rest of the lore in detail, the boss fights, and the rest of the rewards. Naturally, they'll have to be modified so that they take place after the fact.

The main plothole is about the Staff of Armadyl, and that could actually fix a plothole/inconsistency in Temple of Ikov/WGS - They could say that Sliske had it all along (And has had it for some time now), and Lucien either got it from him or got a fake version from you.

The timeline faq is handy apprently these quests are now 'the past'

• The Lost Tribe

• Death to the Dorgeshuun

• Another Slice of HAM

• Land of the Goblins

• The Chosen Commander

• Tail of Two Cats

• Enakhra's Lament

• Fight Arena

• Hazeel Cult

• Temple of Ikov

• Desert Treasure

• Tale of the Muspah

• Missing My Mummy

• Defender of Varrock

• The Curse of Arrav

• While Guthix Sleeps

• Ritual of the Mahjarrat

• The World Wakes

• The Firemaker's Curse

• Temple at Senntisten

And will all have a preface when you start them to say they are past events allowing for new lore things to assume those events have happened without a mass of reqs.

Also next weeks holiday event follows on from TWW, so I guess easter now = Celebration of guthix or something.

[qfc]15-16-901-64440376[/qfc]

Honestly I find this better than the "scrap everything" method WoW used with Cataclysm.

Actually I'm in quite a happy mood today. That was just my attempt at some satire (I was satirizing the ridiculous new Storyline/plotline system). As for increased XP rates (which don't really belong on this topic but I will answer anyways), my view has always been that it's perfectly fine to make skills easier over the time, but this must be done in a reasonable fashion and without crossing certain lines. There's a difference between releasing a new training method that gives say 20K more XP per hour over the previous method, and releasing Bonus Weekends where thousands of people get millions of free xp experience each and free XP is litered everywhere in D & D's and the SOF. There's a difference there that is self-explanatory.

Satire should be subtle and funny. Your post was neither.

Regardless of the plotholes the minimal requirements left behind, I knew what was happening, and so did anyone that cares about the lore in this game.

Jagex gave plenty of warnings that to fully appreciate the quest, players should do the other requirements. It's not their fault if people can't be bothered to read.

• Like 2
Sylpheed.png

Jagex gave plenty of warnings that to fully appreciate the quest, players should do the other requirements. It's not their fault if people can't be bothered to read.

This situation was an utter mess and you can either blame Jagex for it or accept they had very little latitude to work within. That all boils down to opinion, and that's well and good to debate...but you can't blatantly deny the reality of the situation altogether.

(Well I mean you could, but that would be very foolish.)

hzvjpwS.gif

I noticed maging the Guardians (Melee ones) is a lot slower then raging the Generators (Magers). Anyone else noticed something similar?

I have yet to try the Ranging ones...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I noticed maging the Guardians (Melee ones) is a lot slower then raging the Generators (Magers). Anyone else noticed something similar?

I can confirm that. Also when you and generators use long range atacks you don't need to avoid their special atack.

Isn't this new slayer dungeon for rangers mentioned by jagex?

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

I can confirm that. Also when you and generators use long range atacks you don't need to avoid their special atack.

Isn't this new slayer dungeon for rangers mentioned by jagex?

I don't think so. I think we still hae that to look forward to in the coming months.

Speaking of, I seem to be struggling to kill more than 10 a trip. IT feels so slow when I try to kill them. Are there any particular abilities that affect defense that I should be using to speed things along?

hzvjpwS.gif

I was using SS, Anguish, Void, Extreme Ranging potion and Royal Crossbow, didnt bring food, just prayer restore and normal prayer potions, and I was able to stay there for about an hour at a time. (I only turned SS on when I need the healing).

Also, Incendiary Shot is, from what I can tell, the most powerful ultimate you can use on them since it hits for 8000 on the Automatons (only Unload could potentially do more, but you need to dual wield for it).

Guthix's Blessing is also very useful ability to use, but try not to use it in combat.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Any ideas what this is?

EM56xV0.png

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015