4th March - The World Wakes

Sylpheed

Except that they're planning to build all future content on the assumption that it happened.

I can see where there's a problem with that (Future low level quest referencing events that haven't happened yet, or locking all players out of every new quest before 140 combat), hopefully they can work themselves out of the corner they wrote themselves into.

• Like 1

The fact that it's needed to kick off the year's god content means that it has to be accessible to as many people as possible, or it's going to be a pretty bland year for many who can't beat the other important lore quests.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It's like saying J.K. Rowling wanted Voldemort's return to be accessible to all her readers, so she never bothered writing books 1-4 (or whatever) and just skipped to the Goblet of Fire. It's nonsense.

Wow, spoiler alert much? Voldemort returns?!

Jk :D

On topic:

Seriously did anyone side with Saradomin would love to hear that side of the story.

And I agree with above - if they want to develop content based on the sixth age that most can access then this quest itself has to be accessable by most. They are committing this "offense" of making the story weird in order to not have to do that again when they make content that relies on this storyline.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

I'm assuming they mean any new "major plotline" quests. As in new quests will each differ for people, depending on which god you chose to side with. Everyone will have the quest available, they'll just be different stories/factions.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Well, that was a fun quest even if I died a few times. Twice before I learned how to watch my health again (I've not engaged in combat in more than a month, and it's been a few since I fought anything that stood a chance of killing me). Turns out I love the defensive powers, though they take up a lot of room from abilities that do real damage (though in fairness, defense has a few damage dealers in the threshold range which are in their prime against crowds).

[hide]

Also went back to my roots, and choose Guthix, though I think me and Azzandra both had some pain with that choice. I really like Azzandra, don't care so much for Sliske.

I also disagree with the idea Guthix was handing power off to Zaros. Now that we understand Guthix's motivations, and with Jagex hinting that Zaros embodies control, that would make Zaros the direct opposition to Guthix. The only way I can see that working is that Zaros was at least at one time also a disproportionately powerful God, and he alone of the current known Gods would seem to have the potential power to actually end the God wars. Sliske might also end up being oddly strong, seeing as he took down a God who was seemingly significantly stronger than everyone else put together.

I really don't like Saradomin. I think he means well, but I think he has also lost his way, or simply doesn't have the regard for mortal life that he should.

[/hide]

• Like 1

[11:15:48 PM] Meredith: did you do tww

[11:16:18 PM] ***********: whats tww bb

[11:16:31 PM] Meredith: the world wakes

[11:17:43 PM] ***********: no whats that

I'm really sick of this being the reaction that I get from almost all of my friends.

• Like 1

[hide]Man, I made it through 11 pages of replies in about 5 minutes due to not reading all the hide tags since I haven't done the quest (although thanks to brushing through some live stream videos on YouTube I already know Guthix dies, but that's about it. :P) Seems I need to log in and get my QPC back![/hide]

Edited by Randox
Added those spoiler tags you were talking about

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Except that they're planning to build all future content on the assumption that it happened.

I can see where there's a problem with that (Future low level quest referencing events that haven't happened yet, or locking all players out of every new quest before 140 combat), hopefully they can work themselves out of the corner they wrote themselves into.

It won't be every quest that has an indirect 140 combat requirement, just the God Wars II quests. Noobs will still get their fill of fighting goblins and stealing sweetrolls and other such mundane quests.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

^ You should probably hide that post to not spoil it...

I only came on here to see how good the gloves were, the quest is hyped up too much, WGS is always going to be the best GM quest it seems, although I liked ROTM that didn't live up to the hype either. Don't get me wrong I don't think it's a bad quest I just think like Jagex does a lot hyped it up too much.

• Like 2

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

It won't be every quest that has an indirect 140 combat requirement, just the God Wars II quests. Noobs will still get their fill of fighting goblins and stealing sweetrolls and other such mundane quests.

Actually, according to the disclaimer in the front page post, all content from next week on out is gonna assume that you've done the quest even if you haven't (for storyline reasons).

So potentially a sequel might not even need The World Wakes as a requirement either. :-k

EDIT: Of course, now that I think about it, anything that refers to what happened to the player itself would almost definitely need the quest as a requirement. (Since the overall world changes are the reason why future content will take it into account, not the player's status) So I guess that does mean it will be a requirement for any future quests in this line. Neat.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's a bad quest I just think like Jagex does a lot hyped it up too much.

Considering how the quest played out...I think the hype was deserved regardless if you think it was too short or too easy. The key points of the quest are just too momentous to ignore.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's a bad quest I just think like Jagex does a lot hyped it up too much.

Considering how the quest played out...I think the hype was deserved regardless if you think it was too short or too easy. The key points of the quest are just too momentous to ignore.

While Guthix Sleeps is still the most epic quest to date. Sure, a lot of it was filler, but I really LOVED all the dramatic buildup from hours of world-spanning questing. TWW and RotM were both quite self contained. While their impact on the story was huge, the quests themselves felt way too short.

• Like 1

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The new monsters, despite their slayer level, are hard to beat because their weaknesses actually matter -- unless you have drygores as usual. Isn't that just wonderful? My friend was breezing through them all day w/ his dual maces, killing them too fast to be attacked by their special attack. Lame.

[spoiler=no spoiler here...]So guys, lets stop it with the hide tags and talk about stuff that really matters- what are the gloves like and how hard is it to obtain them? Also, as usual, jagex- the king of balanced content just had to make the 3rd hardest boss(es) completely useless by the introduction of the ring. Next week we'll have level 99 throwaxes, just to keep the balance.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Anybody else annoyed by all the spoiler tags in this thread? :P

No

Probably be more mad if they weren't there tbh

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

So guys, lets stop it with the hide tags and talk about stuff that really matters- what are the gloves like

Hahahahaha.

Gloves have the same stats as the Glacor boots, except they're for the gloves slot. If they have any passive properties they are currently unknown.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Bonus reward for level 90 Prayer?

Oh wow.

Right after they nuked bots. This is going to hurt my wallet. :cry:

I was just about to buy 95 prayer this morning before work, literally. Sigh.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Well, that was a fun quest even if I died a few times. Twice before I learned how to watch my health again (I've not engaged in combat in more than a month, and it's been a few since I fought anything that stood a chance of killing me). Turns out I love the defensive powers, though they take up a lot of room from abilities that do real damage (though in fairness, defense has a few damage dealers in the threshold range which are in their prime against crowds).

[hide]

Also went back to my roots, and choose Guthix, though I think me and Azzandra both had some pain with that choice. I really like Azzandra, don't care so much for Sliske.

I also disagree with the idea Guthix was handing power off to Zaros. Now that we understand Guthix's motivations, and with Jagex hinting that Zaros embodies control, that would make Zaros the direct opposition to Guthix. The only way I can see that working is that Zaros was at least at one time also a disproportionately powerful God, and he alone of the current known Gods would seem to have the potential power to actually end the God wars. Sliske might also end up being oddly strong, seeing as he took down a God who was seemingly significantly stronger than everyone else put together.

I really don't like Saradomin. I think he means well, but I think he has also lost his way, or simply doesn't have the regard for mortal life that he should.

[/hide]

If you're worried about your relationship with Azzandra, you should just go have a chat with him at the digsite. He is really cool about your decision and understands your reasons. He's also very sorry about how things turned out seeing as he did not want to kill Guthix, merely reason with him.

He does however say dat despite not following orders, Sliske did him a favor by removing the edicts and thus allowing Zaros' return.

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

Man, I made it through 11 pages of replies in about 5 minutes due to not reading all the hide tags since I haven't done the quest (although thanks to brushing through some live stream videos on YouTube I already know Guthix dies, but that's about it. :P) Seems I need to log in and get my QPC back!

You literally put the biggest spoiler outside of spoiler tags and ruined that plot piece for me. I had been avoiding reading the hide tags as well.

Ass

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Well I can confirm that the new monsters can drop a kwuarm/snapdragon seeds... I've managed one kill so far using their apparent weakness (arrows)... and even those don't seem to do anything at all to them. Good job jagex, hurr durr arrows against an enemy made of STONE.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!