4th March - The World Wakes

Sylpheed

I assume you are using crystal bow or Zaryte bow?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

They've got pretty robust defense, but I wasn't having any trouble killing the melee ones from safespots. Well, except that without Chain and Dragonbreath I didn't have enough basic abilities for a full rotation, so that was annoying.

Killed automaton tracers for an hour. Seems like a steady 110 kills/hour with maul + titan + dreads, altho I was slacking a lot, no food needed, just ss, run when they start hitting ground and charge back and you should be fine. Can't wait to get 50-ish more plates from last story mission for tetsu top, I see me camping these in between dungs and ports now lol.

java2013030502544237.png

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Some people seem to have a calling to forget the tags and spoil the **** out of this quest.

Don't you find it fascinating that the signatures tend to take more space than posts themselves

Welfaring it up, so far I've gotten...

[spoiler=Drops.]8 earth talismans noted

4 adamant ore noted (one drop)

4 grimy dwarf weed 1x each drop (herbs I guess that would be...)

40 nature runes (one drop)

Tooth half of key

60 magic logs noted (10 each drop)

2 rune bars 1x each drop noted

kwuarm, lantadyme, avantoe, snapdragon seeds 1x each drop

These things are a pain to kill... >.<

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Some people seem to have a calling to forget the tags and spoil the **** out of this quest.

The quest takes what, 30 minutes to complete, even without a proper guide. As a dedicated quest hater, i was utterly impressed how little of a 'quest' this thing was. 1 puzzle and 5 bosses? that's a joke, not a quest. Maybe the lore may be significant to some, but if it has done 5 180's over the time you've been playing the game then it kind of renders itself pointless.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Playing MMO, whine for short quests after ? Got reward, lore n stuff right ? So everything is fine there.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

Welfaring it up, so far I've gotten...

[spoiler=Drops.]8 earth talismans noted

4 adamant ore noted (one drop)

4 grimy dwarf weed 1x each drop (herbs I guess that would be...)

40 nature runes (one drop)

Tooth half of key

60 magic logs noted (10 each drop)

2 rune bars 1x each drop noted

kwuarm, lantadyme, avantoe, snapdragon seeds 1x each drop

These things are a pain to kill... >.<

Automaton's really aren't that hard to kill. I was killing the magic ones for about two hours last night using only soul split. Using Void and Royal Xbow as a setup, they were dying pretty fast; they just have a lot of hitpoints.

Got about 1.5m in drops but no gloves or pet.

Sylpheed.png

http://services.rune...16,901,64440376

[spoiler=TWW & the RS timeline]This FAQ is cunningly spoiler-free and safe to read. Its purpose is to highlight how we are considering The World Wakes to be ‘in the past’; what that means for RuneScape’s timeline; and why you should be very excited about that change.

What does the following mean in the newspost for The World Wakes: “as of next week’s update, all future game content will work on the premise that this quest happened in the past”?

The World Wakes will affect almost every piece of content that follows it – and not just quests. It will have ramifications for the majority of our release calendar. This change will be seen in updates from next week onwards. This is so that the story of The World Wakes comes thick and fast, rather than losing any momentum.

Fundamentally, this means that next week’s update will contain story that continues from The World Wakes. It will take the form of a holiday event, and will be available to everyone in the game. So, it will communicate some of the events of The World Wakes to everyone, regardless of how far they have progressed through that quest.

Can’t you release next week’s content without including any spoilers?

The dialogue of next week’s update will certainly give you the opportunity to choose whether you hear any spoilers. Unfortunately, while you can control the number of spoilers given to you, the general theme of the holiday event will make the twists in World Wakes very easy to guess.

But I try so hard to ignore spoilers!

We can completely understand that some of you will want to save The World Wakes for a later date, or you may not have the requirements to start the quest yet. We only ask that you understand why we are releasing follow-up story so close to the release of The World Wakes: continuing the story in a week’s time allows us to change the story of the world dramatically and while everyone is (hopefully) really excited about it.

If you are still eager to play The World Wakes without spoilers, we encourage you to avoid any community discussions about the quest, and play the holiday content without choosing any spoiler dialogue.

How is The World Wakes going to be considered “in the past”? Surely all quests are only in the past once I have completed them.

From next week, we will be considering The World Wakes to be in the past from the perspective of RuneScape’s timeline. I can understand why that may seem confusing!

Essentially, from the week beginning the 11th of March, the events of The World Wakes - and a number of other quests - may be referenced in new content, regardless of whether or not you have completed those quests.

Why move quests into the past, and why should I be excited about this?

Moving quests into the past means that you are not required to play The World Wakes (and all the quests that lead up to it) to experience some pretty cool future storylines.

We want the events of the storylines we have coming up to be obvious and important to everyone - even to new players, from the minute they create an account and log into the game. Putting The World Wakes and a number of other quests into the past means that we can affect the world globally, without any quest requirements, based on their events.

Why are you moving quests into the past? I worked hard to complete those quests!

Of course, and putting them into the past in no way diminishes their relevance or importance. If a quest is put into the past, it's because its events are in some way important to the huge storyline events which are coming soon. If you've experienced those already, then what we have in store should seem all the more significant and - we hope - jaw-droppingly spectacular.

Does this mean I can’t play The World Wakes after this week? Will it be removed?

You can play The World Wakes whenever you want! We won’t stop you playing it, and it will remain permanently in-game. The only change will occur before the quest for those who have not played it yet: they will receive a small message noting that The World Wakes took place in the past, so they can mentally adjust and understand how RuneScape’s timeline works. That’s it!

Will more quests be considered ‘in the past’?

Yes. Again, these quests will be prefaced with a small message, letting you know that they took place in the past. There will be no other difference. The quests will still be in-game, playable and we will not remove them. It will not make them any more likely to be reworked or replaced.

The message will be added to the below quests in the near future, and we will be releasing a timeline to explain RuneScape’s chronology in the coming weeks.

Quests to be considered in the past:

• The Lost Tribe

• Death to the Dorgeshuun

• Another Slice of HAM

• Land of the Goblins

• The Chosen Commander

• Tail of Two Cats

• Enakhra's Lament

• Fight Arena

• Hazeel Cult

• Temple of Ikov

• Desert Treasure

• Tale of the Muspah

• Missing My Mummy

• Defender of Varrock

• The Curse of Arrav

• While Guthix Sleeps

• Ritual of the Mahjarrat

• The World Wakes

• The Firemaker's Curse

• Temple at Senntisten

Think that clears up a few things :)

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

OH MY GUTHIX!!! OH MY GUTHIX!!!

the quest was amazing, i like it, nice rewards, but was too short and easy (only died 3 times) =p

I was much more surprised by the lack of Kharshai in this quest. It's almost as if they made the Kharshai miniquest, forgot all about it, then started on The World Wakes and left him out of it.

------

Also, I have killed Automatons for a couple of hours, got about 1.2-1.5M in loot and no gloves as well.

---

Also, unless Jagex plans on releasing quests/substantial content that follows off of TWW real soon, I don't see where this talk of "ramifications for everyone and everything, so we had to make it accessible" is coming from. The next GM quest probably won't be out for a year at least (unless I am mistaken and there's another planned for this year) if not later. What exactly is so pressing that it had to be added to the timeline immediately? It seems senseless, as is the decision to add even more quests in the "past", particularly such important ones such as ROTM.

http://services.rune...16,901,64440376

[spoiler=TWW & the RS timeline]This FAQ is cunningly spoiler-free and safe to read. Its purpose is to highlight how we are considering The World Wakes to be ‘in the past’; what that means for RuneScape’s timeline; and why you should be very excited about that change.

What does the following mean in the newspost for The World Wakes: “as of next week’s update, all future game content will work on the premise that this quest happened in the past”?

The World Wakes will affect almost every piece of content that follows it – and not just quests. It will have ramifications for the majority of our release calendar. This change will be seen in updates from next week onwards. This is so that the story of The World Wakes comes thick and fast, rather than losing any momentum.

Fundamentally, this means that next week’s update will contain story that continues from The World Wakes. It will take the form of a holiday event, and will be available to everyone in the game. So, it will communicate some of the events of The World Wakes to everyone, regardless of how far they have progressed through that quest.

Can’t you release next week’s content without including any spoilers?

The dialogue of next week’s update will certainly give you the opportunity to choose whether you hear any spoilers. Unfortunately, while you can control the number of spoilers given to you, the general theme of the holiday event will make the twists in World Wakes very easy to guess.

But I try so hard to ignore spoilers!

We can completely understand that some of you will want to save The World Wakes for a later date, or you may not have the requirements to start the quest yet. We only ask that you understand why we are releasing follow-up story so close to the release of The World Wakes: continuing the story in a week’s time allows us to change the story of the world dramatically and while everyone is (hopefully) really excited about it.

If you are still eager to play The World Wakes without spoilers, we encourage you to avoid any community discussions about the quest, and play the holiday content without choosing any spoiler dialogue.

How is The World Wakes going to be considered “in the past”? Surely all quests are only in the past once I have completed them.

From next week, we will be considering The World Wakes to be in the past from the perspective of RuneScape’s timeline. I can understand why that may seem confusing!

Essentially, from the week beginning the 11th of March, the events of The World Wakes - and a number of other quests - may be referenced in new content, regardless of whether or not you have completed those quests.

Why move quests into the past, and why should I be excited about this?

Moving quests into the past means that you are not required to play The World Wakes (and all the quests that lead up to it) to experience some pretty cool future storylines.

We want the events of the storylines we have coming up to be obvious and important to everyone - even to new players, from the minute they create an account and log into the game. Putting The World Wakes and a number of other quests into the past means that we can affect the world globally, without any quest requirements, based on their events.

Why are you moving quests into the past? I worked hard to complete those quests!

Of course, and putting them into the past in no way diminishes their relevance or importance. If a quest is put into the past, it's because its events are in some way important to the huge storyline events which are coming soon. If you've experienced those already, then what we have in store should seem all the more significant and - we hope - jaw-droppingly spectacular.

Does this mean I can’t play The World Wakes after this week? Will it be removed?

You can play The World Wakes whenever you want! We won’t stop you playing it, and it will remain permanently in-game. The only change will occur before the quest for those who have not played it yet: they will receive a small message noting that The World Wakes took place in the past, so they can mentally adjust and understand how RuneScape’s timeline works. That’s it!

Will more quests be considered ‘in the past’?

Yes. Again, these quests will be prefaced with a small message, letting you know that they took place in the past. There will be no other difference. The quests will still be in-game, playable and we will not remove them. It will not make them any more likely to be reworked or replaced.

The message will be added to the below quests in the near future, and we will be releasing a timeline to explain RuneScape’s chronology in the coming weeks.

Quests to be considered in the past:

• The Lost Tribe

• Death to the Dorgeshuun

• Another Slice of HAM

• Land of the Goblins

• The Chosen Commander

• Tail of Two Cats

• Enakhra's Lament

• Fight Arena

• Hazeel Cult

• Temple of Ikov

• Desert Treasure

• Tale of the Muspah

• Missing My Mummy

• Defender of Varrock

• The Curse of Arrav

• While Guthix Sleeps

• Ritual of the Mahjarrat

• The World Wakes

• The Firemaker's Curse

• Temple at Senntisten

Think that clears up a few things :)

So if i get this correctly a number of quest will be playable as flashbacks from now on instead of in the present because the world those quests are based in no longer exists...

I thinck i finally understand Jagex' reasoning on this and it's actually not a bad idea because you can move the world forward while keeping pest events in the past.

• Like 1

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

Wow-lite: Cataclysm

Quest was good but EOC is really pissing me off.

Especially, since I have been playing 07 extensively.

I died several times, not because the battles were hard but because abilities are stupid and the interface sucks.

You can't cancel out of abilities, so I'm "destroy"ing armadyl and out come some tornadoes and bam dead.

Same with the automatons.

You can't just use momentum because you have build up adrenaline which is stupid and not to mention I think one of the random abilities involves a combo move which locks you in place again.

The game has lost all fluidity.

Now I understand why a ton of people quit...

• Like 1

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I was much more surprised by the lack of Kharshai in this quest. It's almost as if they made the Kharshai miniquest, forgot all about it, then started on The World Wakes and left him out of it.

------

Also, I have killed Automatons for a couple of hours, got about 1.2-1.5M in loot and no gloves as well.

---

Also, unless Jagex plans on releasing quests/substantial content that follows off of TWW real soon, I don't see where this talk of "ramifications for everyone and everything, so we had to make it accessible" is coming from. The next GM quest probably won't be out for a year at least (unless I am mistaken and there's another planned for this year) if not later. What exactly is so pressing that it had to be added to the timeline immediately? It seems senseless, as is the decision to add even more quests in the "past", particularly such important ones such as ROTM.

I'm assuming a lot of future content, not just quests maybe even skills involve the fact that the gods have returned. If even basic low level content revolves around that fact then it becomes necessary to do what they're doing here.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

See a few threads on RSOF complaining about the loopholes of certain characters that appear in the quest whenever the quest to 'release' them aren't required for it.

Not sure if somebody was lying or what, but read that somebody mentioned that:

[hide=]Since this quest marks the end of the Fifth age and the beginning of the Sixth age, so all the quests that are released before this are still considered in the Fifth age. Therefore, this quest goes on the assumption that your character has already completed all the quests to release these other characters in the quest...if you know what I mean.[/hide]

Time is like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff..

• Like 2

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Saw people posting before about a weapon used in a cutscene (hope that's cryptic enough...)

I spoke to Azzanadra after the quest and asked where Sliske got the Staff of Armadyl, he says

"I suppose he must have lingered at the ritual site. A foolish decision if you ask me; the dragonkin are not an enemy to be played with."

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Nice name bro.

But yeah, talking to Ezk and he's saying people are saying that a lot of quests that were ingame before TWW are set after it.

My brain is currently exploding from ignorance.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!