4th March - The World Wakes

Sylpheed

Jagex gave plenty of warnings that to fully appreciate the quest, players should do the other requirements. It's not their fault if people can't be bothered to read.

This situation was an utter mess and you can either blame Jagex for it or accept they had very little latitude to work within. That all boils down to opinion, and that's well and good to debate...but you can't blatantly deny the reality of the situation altogether.

(Well I mean you could, but that would be very foolish.)

I'm not denying its messy; it is. But there are people (one person) in this thread that are blowing this way out of proportion.

Jagex did what they did because they wanted everyone to experience the ramifications that TWW would have on the rest of the game in future content updates. Not everyone is a quester and the FAQ said that all content (not just quests) would tie into TWW. For the people that aren't bothered about quests and just did TWW for the rewards or whatever, this won't affect them much anyway.

For the people who do care about the story, they would have more than likely done all the previous quests.

Also, going slightly off topic, but if the quest counter in the adv log is right, won't the next quest be the 200th?

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

Also, going slightly off topic, but if the quest counter in the adv log is right, won't the next quest be the 200th?

The counter is wrong. It's counting every separate part of RFD I think.

The counter is wrong. It's counting every separate part of RFD I think.

Quests that were replaced too, right?

Yeah and some other oddities. The number is 188 according to the list.

Couldnt they just make all the quest prerequisites "flashbacks?" Or just do something as simple as an NPC wanting to hear the story of some quest, and then you "explain" it to him

Why would you want to do that? It requires a bunch more fixes or it'll appear stupid. It's not so hard to deal with the idea that what is linear in game mechanics is not linear in story, and vice versa.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Wow-lite: Cataclysm

Quest was good but EOC is really pissing me off.

Especially, since I have been playing 07 extensively.

I died several times, not because the battles were hard but because abilities are stupid and the interface sucks.

You can't cancel out of abilities, so I'm "destroy"ing armadyl and out come some tornadoes and bam dead.

Same with the automatons.

You can't just use momentum because you have build up adrenaline which is stupid and not to mention I think one of the random abilities involves a combo move which locks you in place again.

The game has lost all fluidity.

Now I understand why a ton of people quit...

You haven't learned how to use the abilities properly, doesn't mean you have to reject the fault on the game (And the interface? Dafuq?)

You haven't learned how to use the abilities properly

In his defense, some abilities have a long duration to complete before you can move your character. Off the top of my head some ultimates and range-basics come to mind. I don't think you get hurt during those pauses though? If you do, I'd definitely understand the frustration.

hzvjpwS.gif

Wow-lite: Cataclysm

Quest was good but EOC is really pissing me off.

Especially, since I have been playing 07 extensively.

I died several times, not because the battles were hard but because abilities are stupid and the interface sucks.

You can't cancel out of abilities, so I'm "destroy"ing armadyl and out come some tornadoes and bam dead.

Same with the automatons.

You can't just use momentum because you have build up adrenaline which is stupid and not to mention I think one of the random abilities involves a combo move which locks you in place again.

The game has lost all fluidity.

Now I understand why a ton of people quit...

Play the EoC tutorial, take the time to actually understand what the abilities do, and the new combat system. Then go start out simple, kill some Moss Giants or something so you can begin to realise what abilities work best in which combinations etc. Honestly once you get the hang of it, Post EoC is so much better than Pre EoC. It's just people can't bear to accept change when it's been forced upon them.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Ok, one thing I'm not getting about the time splitting: you train your skills in the present and get better items in order to complete things that happened in the past? March 4th 2013, the day the dragon broke.

It's not a time 'split'

All the quests required for full TWW completion are the past ONCE you have them all.

Any new quests following on from them or TWW are in the new 6th age.

Any quests with no link at all happen in whatever age you decide to do them in.

Basically it just makes certain stories time sensitive - specifically like all the stories that could lead to godly returns.

Right but if you don't have the reqs to fully complete all of the quests that set up tww, how are you able to complete them in the past? You'd have to train your skills in the sixth age to go back on time and do them...

The age does not move forward until you complete ALL of the requirements. Hence why the only thing showing the age has moved forward (the 6th age circuit) is only given when you have all the reqs.

The logic issue of npcs appearing in the quest without their associated quests is nothing to do with the time shift since they all occur in the 5th age. It's to do with Jagex fart-head logic going for low reqs but including npcs that clearly have reqs.

But that's not true, from this point forward updates will happen in the 6th age, the clock has now started moving forward for everyone.

In terms of game content perhaps, but that doesn't mean all new quests are.

Plus Jagex never said new content happens in 6th age only it assumes TWW has happened ergo gods are more active eg hence the god-based wildy warbands.

First off apologies for huge quote train, on my phone so can't edit it down easily. But if TWW has happened, and updates from here on assume gods will be more active, then it is the 6th age. The monumental event that brought us into the sixth age was the breaking of the edicts.

That is assumption at work, which has a few things against it

1) Until you complete ALL the requirements you do not get the 6th Age Circuit which is the ONLY thing to indicate the 6th Age having occurred, if you have not received it then logic would say the 6th Age has not begun for you.

2) Jmods prior to the release in teasers and such said this quest will help the year change, but not outright cause it.

These two facts combined imply TWW alone does NOT mean the year change, which coincides with the 6th Age - This is caused by the sum of events in TWW AND all the quests required for full rewards. Eg the 6th Age is indeed going to be the age in which the god's return but Guthix Death alone is not the cause of this - Luciens death, The mahjaratt ritual, The Dragonkin's return, the discovery of a part icyene, the release of Char, the defeat of the pest queen etc. are all cumulativly what marks the changing of the age. Just because TWW has happened meaning gods are more active does not mean that the 6th age has happened - those two are independent events think of it like Christmas and New Years. Christmas happening is a crucial component in the coming of the New Year but it alone does not make the New Year - New Years is its own discrete event that happens after 5 days of stuff has happened. In rs terms TWW is Xmas, the quest reqs for full reward are the 5 days that separate it from New Years (the 6th Age)

Ok, I get what you're saying about TWW and the 6th age not being one and the same, not sure I totally agree with it but I get it. That's not what I was going after initially though, what I don't understand is how I could do things after this quest, or because of this quest, in order to unlock things that are vital to the quest. Let's take Firemaker's Curse for an example, we don't need to do it to play TWW but Char still shows up regardless. That's fine if it's possible you could have woken her before and choose not to, but what if you use one of the 100k reward lamps to get 74 firemaking; that means that you used rewards that hinge on a quest being completed in the past at some point in order to unlock that same quest in the present that you must have already beaten...

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I haven't had a chance to try myself, and I haven't seen anyone else mention it; But are dual-wield weapons now actually in line with their 2h counterparts? Or are 2h weapons still superior?

I find this discussion interesting.

Having thought long and hard about it, I really couldn't be happier with what they chose to do.

So what they clear the requirements out for everyone? Who does that seriously affect? YOU KNOW what happened. Do you really feel that spiteful another player is not "worthy" of the cutscenes and the lore if they didn't see what predated it? Remember, that's not the rewards because those ARE exclusive. If so, what do you feel if a player plays a sequel of the game without playing the first game first? Am I unworthy of playing The Witcher 2 without having played The Witcher 1? Playing Mass Effect 2 without having played Mass Effect 1 (granted that was because of an exclusivity deal at the time).

Besides, this allows them to really impact the game like we haven't seen before. For all its buildup, WGS really didn't change RS much apart from adding some statues at places and replacing 4 NPC's (and removing 2). Granted, it was unprecedented at the time, but still. Likewise, for its implied importance, ROTM didn't do much beside char up some small town. With this, they CAN change places drastically and explain it on the notion "Well it happened, and it's YOUR fault for not being up to date". I remember a while back someone asked a JMOD if Morytania could ever return to its pre-Drakan looks after the end of the Vampyre storyline ended. The JMOD simply said that couldn't work in a MMORPG because of consistency between players.

Well, now they can.

Come to think of it, I really don't understand why people are mad you can see the rejuvenated Mahjarrat, Wahisietel, Char etc without knowing the full backstory. That's bullshit and you know. EVERYONE knew Duradal was dead a month after WGS was out regardless of whether they completed it or not. People who weren't into quests or lore aren't going to start to care now and will probably look up the broad strokes or ignore like they always did, while new and old questers are gonna catch up eventually anyway.

• Like 6

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I find this discussion interesting.

Having thought long and hard about it, I really couldn't be happier with what they chose to do.

So what they clear the requirements out for everyone? Who does that seriously affect? YOU KNOW what happened. Do you really feel that spiteful another player is not "worthy" of the cutscenes and the lore if they didn't see what predated it? Remember, that's not the rewards because those ARE exclusive. If so, what do you feel if a player plays a sequel of the game without playing the first game first? Am I unworthy of playing The Witcher 2 without having played The Witcher 1? Playing Mass Effect 2 without having played Mass Effect 1 (granted that was because of an exclusivity deal at the time).

Besides, this allows them to really impact the game like we haven't seen before. For all its buildup, WGS really didn't change RS much apart from adding some statues at places and replacing 4 NPC's (and removing 2). Granted, it was unprecedented at the time, but still. Likewise, for its implied importance, ROTM didn't do much beside char up some small town. With this, they CAN change places drastically and explain it on the notion "Well it happened, and it's YOUR fault for not being up to date". I remember a while back someone asked a JMOD if Morytania could ever return to its pre-Drakan looks after the end of the Vampyre storyline ended. The JMOD simply said that couldn't work in a MMORPG because of consistency between players.

Well, now they can.

Come to think of it, I really don't understand why people are mad you can see the rejuvenated Mahjarrat, Wahisietel, Char etc without knowing the full backstory. That's bullshit and you know. EVERYONE knew Duradal was dead a month after WGS was out regardless of whether they completed it or not. People who weren't into quests or lore aren't going to start to care now and will probably look up the broad strokes or ignore like they always did, while new and old questers are gonna catch up eventually anyway.

My point exactly. Couldn't agree more.

• Like 2
Sylpheed.png

You haven't learned how to use the abilities properly

In his defense, some abilities have a long duration to complete before you can move your character. Off the top of my head some ultimates and range-basics come to mind. I don't think you get hurt during those pauses though? If you do, I'd definitely understand the frustration.

IMO, I'd say that fits in the "learning how to use the abilities properly" category.

Satire should be subtle and funny. Your post was neither.

Regardless of the plotholes the minimal requirements left behind, I knew what was happening, and so did anyone that cares about the lore in this game.

Jagex gave plenty of warnings that to fully appreciate the quest, players should do the other requirements. It's not their fault if people can't be bothered to read.

And it isn't my fault either that you can't be bothered to properly read my post either, choosing rather to respond viscerally rather than intelligently. If you haven't understood what the main point of complaint is, then any discussion with you is hopeless.

Huge spoilers to follow.

[spoiler=Huge spoilers, srsly]3-4-13saradominstar_zps334a51d1.png

This was taken from behind the corpse of Skargaroth, seen on the left. The path was just past the memory of him. It's a bit dark in this screenie, but there was a four-pointed star on the ground, usually the symbol of Saradomin.

Is it possible he went to Guthix's world as one of the destroyers?

Dragoon5464.png

Huge spoilers to follow.

This was taken from behind the corpse of Skargaroth, seen on the left. The path was just past the memory of him. It's a bit dark in this screenie, but there was a four-pointed star on the ground, usually the symbol of Saradomin.

as he tries to get answers of what Guthix gave/told you,

EVIL SARADOMIN, here i come to destroy you =p

Huge spoilers to follow.

Unlikely, as far as I am aware, Saradomin was only a 'recent' deity, IE, it is not as old as Zaros, and thus I doubt it can be attributed to the destruction of Guthix's homeland. The symbol on the ground could very well be just cracks in the tiles

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

1 GOD DOWN - 5 MORE GODS TO GO (ARMADYL, BANDOS, SARADOMIN, ZAMORAK and ZAROS)

RUNESCAPE 2015 (GODS FREE)

Plus Marimbo, Seren, Tumeken possibly also Elinids, Icthalarin, Amascut, Het, Crondis, Ampeken, Scarabas, Sliske.

Not to mention any as yet un-named Fremennik or Karamajan gods and the elves 'Dark Lord'

Bilrach/Moia could've also potentially ascended to godhood the way their plot went thus far.

Huge spoilers to follow.

Deffo looks like the logo opposed to tile cracks but who is to say what this means for sure.

The update FAQ gave a cryptic hint that Guthix was only the last of his race by a 'short margin' - assuming you count him as not being that race anymore when he became a god (in the same way we say Zamorak was a Mahjaratt opposed to is) that could suggest another of Guthix's race became a god.

Perhaps Saradomin is of the same race and he just stole a god's symbol?

I mean the FAQ also indicates that Armadyl basically stole a god's symbol as his staff is an elder artefact so it's not impossible.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Huge spoilers to follow.

Unlikely, as far as I am aware, Saradomin was only a 'recent' deity, IE, it is not as old as Zaros, and thus I doubt it can be attributed to the destruction of Guthix's homeland. The symbol on the ground could very well be just cracks in the tiles

It may look like that from the image, but I assure you that the symbol was not just cracks. It was an image, meant to be there. Now, whether or not it's actually from Saradomin is something we'll see in the future. The gods all came from outside Gielinor, so their time of arrival in it is irrelevant to how old they actually are. It's a possibility, albeit an unlikely one. Certainly not one I'm in favor of, anyway.

Dragoon5464.png

Meanwhile about Automation Guardians. I've found a place where you can bloodfire barrage (not sure if the most effective way but meh) 3-4 automations at once. You have to stand 1 step north from the h-looking symbol (located north from the main enterace). No food usage what so ever, even without SS.

S11m.gif
Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

So from what I've gathered reading here and the forums basically I don't have to do old quests to enjoy great new game updates? Why is this a problem?

Actually to have access to the Automatons you need to have finished the required quests...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.