I remember when...

Bloodredsword

I spent my first weeks in lubridge killing goblins, I didnt know that there were banks so I kept all stuff in invenory which was quite small at that time :)

when I got enaough money and finally found Varrock I bought iron sword and was sooo proud of myself, I though wow, now I could maybe even train to lvl 20 combat, but though that I will never get to 30+ because it is just too hard and only maybe a few people are able to get that high :)

then I found out that dark wizards drop runes and whats more people killing those wizards sell runes, which I can sell for more in Varrock, so I started merhanting (I though that I'm incredibly cunning :)) I made my first 100k quite fast, and then found out that there are more places to the west and so on, met people who had full rune etc. I was impressed and decided to get me full rune one day too ;)

really cool memories...

Playing since February 2003

Ssamriga.png

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember buying a rune mace as my first ever rune weapon and thought I was really good.

same... i was so proud of it... it was like a phat to me :lol:

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I've never fallen for a scam, but I remember reaching combat level ten and thinking how good I was lol. But I watched my bro start, he made his account the night before me, and some guy told him if he followed him he would take him to a stash of really cool weapons. Being just off tutorial island he got taken to wildy and killed:(

Oh yea the cool days..! 8)

I remember the second day when I yelled at my IRL friend because I was in varrock and I wanted a tinderbox and he didn't bring me to shop. We were standing near the shop, and I yelled at him :lol: . Then I wrote few times where can I find tinderbox or anyone can buy me one and then I wrote in my language and a nice guy gave me it a slovenian from my country I tought it was so good WOW I had a tinderbox :lol: :lol:

:lol: i remebered when my bro started and he was the classic lvl 3 newb..he instantly traded a guy in monks robes whome for some reason i thought were mummy robes :? .he traded him and said "i have sword" and he offered a bronze short.then the "mummy" said " i am trAining to be a monk" :lol:

oh...goodness. remembering the n00bness. I fell for the classic lvl 3 scam. a person called jimyjj took me in the wild saying he knew where a city was that was secret. we got to lvl 42 and he killed me. then, he gave me a full iron and we were cool. hey has any1 seen jimyjj l8ly?

also when i got to iron working ability (smithing 15) i thought i was hot stuff. i went to varok sq and said "Sellin iron dagger for 8k!!!!!!!!!" with a wave. goodness i felt [developmentally delayed]ed when a lvl 40 sed it only costed about 150gp at the general store

63cu0k4.png

52788436whatsonthetube.PNG

If you believe you came from monkeys, you probably did.

Walked around saying I was level 200 to everyone lower then well, 200, though I soon realized 126 was the max level and the 200 I had was my total level........I was crushed.

When I was level 5 or so, a higher level, and now I think he was quitting, but a higher level gave me a Rune Plate and I gave it back to him because I couldn't wear(I thought if I, the level 200, can't wear it it's useless). He gave me 200k and some tips and I ended up buying 100 bronze woodaxes and a Rune Axe, I still have the Rune Axe......

Losing my amazing noob inventory stuffed with everything i owned (before i found Draynor bank) to a lvl 2 spider :(

Think i was doing the restless ghost quest, and i was really worried walking thru all these goblins and spiders. One attacked me, took off a few hp, but i killed it, then anotehr one turned up and got me :(

I also remember when i decided to wc for my money. I was cutting logs in Varrock and someone asked me what wc level is was, so i told them (something like 10) and they laughed at me because theirs was 20 or so. By the end of that day i was already cutting willows, and i wanted to find that guy and laugh back at him :P

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Lol, so I had 2 friends on here, and back in RSC as a noob the king scorpions in dwarven mines were like the kbd. So we would mine while 1 would proetect us. Well one night, one happened to atatck me and I did, I quickly starting spamming my friends chat to get my 1k gp and my lucky tinderbox lol.

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.

my noobiest moment was finding 10k on the ground and buying a rune med and thinking i am so cool i have a rune med at lvl 3 then i wen to the wildy and asked a friend how i got a skull he said attack someone in the wildy so i did and lost it lol nowadays i don't blink when i lose ful rune lol 8) oh and i remember when i thought that when someone selling deaths was u payed someone to die lol :oops:

I remember right after the tutorial island I was totally confused about the directions and I had lost my way in lumby while playing with the camera, so I was asking everyone around for my way back to "the castle" but could not give them a clue of what castle it was... What a dumb noob I was, lol!

Later on I discovered I could earn "big" money by killing chickens and selling the feathers to the fisherman's shop nearby (in Port Sarim). I said to myself "Wow, I have found a way to make gold out of chickens" and I was very happy with that so I kept slaying chickens for a few hours untill I had enough cash to buy me a decent armour.

The next day I went back to lumby and made friend with a nice fellow who agreed to sell me full iron armour (or steel, I'm not quiet sure) for my hard earned cash, so he took me all the way to Varrock to smith it and I felt it was such an adventurous trip to follow him because I did not know about right clicking on people to follow them. :oops:

Once I had my brand new shiny armour I had to face a big disapointment when I discovered I was unable to wield it because I did not train my defence while slaying chickens. *blush*

Retired from RuinedScape 12/15/07.

Now playing a Tauren Shaman on World of Warcraft.

Server: Ravencrest.

Username: Zulu.

i wanted to get armour so i traded with this guy and he gave me a goblin mail i thught it was armour i paid him 90gp

thats nothing, i though that too and i bout a goblin mail for like 900 gp

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

I have a few stories to tell too:

1) I had just begun RS, and was doing the Rune Mysteries Quest. When I had to take something to Aubury in Varrock, a Mugger attacked me, and did much damage to me. I thought it was another player and got furious. I yelled "Get a life!" and "Go and play with someone else". I was always scared of going near the Magic shop :D

2) I decided I wanted to be a miner and died of course the first day and lost my pick. I didn't know that there was a Bronze pickaxe spawn in Falador, so I asked my friend for help. Me and him went to the Dwarves west of the Barbarian Village, since those drop Bronze picks occasionally. My friend killed a few dwarves, no pickaxe drop. Then I thought "I can take one of my own too!" I attacked a Dwarf, and with a few hits with it's pickaxe I was dead. My friend yelled all the time "Run away, you can never take it down!" Luckily my friend picked the item up for me.. :lol:

3) I was terribly afraid of the Dwarven Mines. I always stayed at the Dwarves where I was safe, and watched my friend bravely enter the area with the Scorpion. "I wish I was that brave" I thought. A few minutes later my friend runs up from there with the Health Bar almost red. "You can't believe it... There were King Scorpions, they are extremely dangerous!" I imagined a lvl 100 creature.. I learned that the King Scorpions were only lvl 32, but they did bother me A LOT when I mined coal there.

Dragon drops: 22 legs, 12 skirts, 1 med, 1 spear

Magic 99 achieved 8.8.07

i remember when i died from the delrith mages, and almost quit because i lost my silverlight, mith large, and mith longsword...

i didnt realize i could buy silverlight back so i was reaalllyyy sad :oops:

then there was that time someone told me that passwords were censored

i fell for it too

coincidentally, fortunately, and comically all at once, my first password was naturally censored by the jagex word censoring system...

the hacker started cursing me off... i had no idea what was going on...

grand99-3-1.png

i tried to make bronze out of pure copper... it didn't work, then waited a couple hours for my bro to get home b4 i found out why :oops:

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

I smithed steel longs and then sold them in the sword shop in varrok. omg, what a profit. Now merchanting is my antidrug.

I also feared the king scorpion as if he were death himself.