I remember when...

Bloodredsword

On my first day I remember people taking bets on my fights versus the rat near the Varrock SE mine.

There were lots of things that slowed me down at first - not joining p2p for 6 weeks was one of them! And avoiding getting killed at all costs too, as in other games I'd played you could lose stats for dying. Had a I realised I could have just killed things in lumby, die and repeat I might have levelled a bit more quickly rather than fighting rats and cooking their meat.

I spent ages collecting meagre sums of money and smithed all my own armour and weapons until I needed mith... at which point I realised it wan't going to happen. I didn't finally manage to smith mith plates (I think) until after the blast furnace came out. I'm just about up to addy arrows now...

I also got killed by demons in both the tree gnome quests! In the first one I could have just gone down the passage but I liked to stand there and melee it... In the second I was saved by a ring of life but went straight back again without healing on about 2 hp!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I used to wonder how people got characters with armor on them. I would see a guy in full Iron ask how he got to look like that. After all, there was no 'armor' option on the character design page. :wink:

I found a bronze scimy in a house in rimmington and thought it was the greatest thing ever. Then I found a bronze med in Draynor manor, ant walked around thinking I owned.

I started just about every free quest, then promptly forgot where the people I was supposed to be helping were.

I finished Earnest the Chicken, got my reward of 300 coins (PMFG OWNAGE!! 300 GOLD COINS THATS A LO!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: ) then promtly died to one of the draynor trees. I was devastated.

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

when i got clan scammed by giving my green mask in classic :(

weeee.gif

Sorry for the off-topicness, but is that the god for Pastafarians? I've heard so much about these cultists/teenagers/people

One of the earliest things i remember from my runescape era, is back in RSC. I was thought that Mining and smithing was the way to go. So i did this ingenius plan. Mined 1/2 inventory of copper and other half with tin from the Varrock east mines. Walked down to the furnace in lumbridge, slemted the ores, walked up to Horvik in Varrock, and smithed my goods, sold them, and returned to the mine....

lol! me too.. i thought that i was so cool because i could make full bronze. so i told people in lumbridge after i smelted the bars "follow me for free armor!!" i had them follow me all the way back to varrock to horvik, and i made them full bronze armor. They loved it and put me on their friends list.

:D

also, when i was level 28, i had 20 attack 20 stregnth and 20 defense. i wore a mithral plate, mithral legs, a blue cape (which took me forever to make) and a blue wizard hat. i called myself a blue warrior-mage because i could cast water strike, a "blue" spell. :lol: i also thought that i would get rich by selling the extra blurite sword that i had for 200mil and buy a blue party hat and become a cooler warrior-mage than before. :lol:

I remember when r2h was as fast as dagger. Duels where fun back then.
I remember that. Too bad i was too scared to duel anyone because the levels 10's could probably whip me when i was only level 8. I also remember when most people wore all black armor because it was so totally "goth" and that rune armor was a stupid color.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

i remember getting a mith med from my frend, and im like omg i got a mith helm! im gonna train my def to wear it right away

i have no clue where the mith med went...

i started a very small, temporary clan with the same friend, we were the mad cow killerz, and we killed... well u noe lol

facing down delrith, then realizing, too late, i was weak (im only like 20 combat on classic or someting small like that) and get owned, badly -.-

not knowing where the heck to find a bank for a whole month, till a friend showed me... then we went to wildy, and i lost my uber kool lether gloves and boots!

and the most memorable, i remember flaming a guy training on kharidian guards (back when they were strong!) for calling me noob. i complained for about 5 minutes, saying we were all noobs and what not, blah blah blah, and then, all of a sudden, the one and only lilacunicorn (!!!) comes up to me, saying poor dear, and gives me 10k and 3 str pots! i thanked her a lot, but to this day i never spoke to her again... i wanna say thanks to her once more :)

i swear, this is a true story ^^

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

i remember when i didnt know how to drop items...

i went to the chikin place and had to ask a mighty lvl 10 how to drop items

i had lots of burnt meat and tried to get rid of items by trading them to people finally someone told me and i dropped them then i foloed him for a long time till we got to the wild... or as we called it "too far north" lol you can guess what happened next, i got the iron scimmy that was in the boneyard and then he killed me that scimmy was me best wep for a WHILE AFTER THAT...

I ALSO THOUGHT SKULLED WAS POISONING... LOL

I had lvl 60 mining when I leveled my combat above 24, learnt what the skull thing was and did my first quest.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

i remember trying to 'use on' my first weapon on a goblin, only after a few hours i realised i had to click weild then attack the goblin.

I also thought that being skulled meant you were in the top 5 of RS players i was so happy when i got skulled, then not so happy when i had my Iron 2H, Iron plate and iron platelegs in my inventory in Lumbridige.

I spend several months of my noob-hood with the chat off, I was sure this was a chat-less game. Alright, don't laugh, this was in Rsc and in Rsc the options chat off/on are much less obvious than in Rs2.

2480+ total

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when there was blocking at the Barrows. I don't ever want to go back to that godforsaken time...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

once as a joke some guy gave me 666 coins telling me its gonna "dam me to hell" i was soo happy cus i had never seen that much before,

also one i went into wild wit only 3 items (all rune) to join a "clan" the guy told me if i attack him i get in so i did and...well you know the rest....

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

I remember back in the day I had a very good friend with the name pyrkon we would hang out almost constently and always rag on eachother ahhhhh back in the days before all my friends quit and I was left with only one.

if you look through this thread you can see exactly how many differant sigs bloodredsword had.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

I remember when i found like 200 of each rune, and 300 minds, boy i sure was pleased, and i didn't even know who the hell they belonged to, but thank you random dieing at wizard tower 1 and a half years ago on a free world, you set me up for a while with that money and runes you dropped

I also remember when santas were around 50k or so i think... a long time ago. and Haloween masks were around 100k... those were the days...

maxsig28nv.gif

I remember being an ess mining newb at the very beginning of rs2. Ess was -very- pricey at the begining of rs2-think astronomical prices.

I made a fortune (something like 100k-150k-it's been 2 years or so now :P) in a few days, and then bought full black and full mith for half of it each 0.0

When I found out the prices I was just a -lil- annoyed with myself. :P Esspecially because by then rune ess had dropped :P

lol i remember that ive killed goblins in rsc then found a chef hat and sold for 100 gp i thought i was fing rich or that i used to make my money in rsc by getting the saffiers at the saffier respwan in wildy at the spider place what was used to be an house =P