HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

I wouldn't say that's nit-picky; a decent interface should have those qualities. Interfaces are a bit of a mess in RuneScape; many don't fit in properly and have been quite clearly bodged together. Jagex should really use this opportunity to clean them all up and try and enforce a standard that's never deviated from without good reason.

There's also parts of the game that don't have a proper interface but skirt around the issue by using the chatbox. Take modifying home teleport tablets: this action should really have a variant on the standard skill interface (the popup you get when you go to cook a shark, as an example). This obviously wasn't a priority, so instead we're forced to use the chatbox which feels very clunky when you factor in that each button press requires a response from the server.

There are also various areas of the game where Jagex haven't accounted for any more than the minimum game size. I don't know if it's still the case, but I remember the killing Bork cutscene would just end up being a tiny square with a black border filling up the rest of the screen. Viewing one of your ships in PoP is similar I believe, although I don't think that one's constricted to the minimum viewing area of the game client, but there shouldn't really be a maximum in my opinion.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Right now as it stands with NIS the ball is entirely in the players court now as far as interface design. No one has any room to complain about anything other than knowing where to get the most functionality out of the NIS. This is largely due to your play style or current demands and from that it is clearly something YOU as a player need to take time to explore. Because of this players now have to STOP PLAYING, sit back, look at their interface and figure out where things best stand. I love it... Now Jagex has thrown a bit of the games background into the players own hands and largely, no one is to blame other than the player for its lack of usability. But there will always be some jackass complaining. Just sayin'

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Right now as it stands with NIS the ball is entirely in the players court now as far as interface design. No one has any room to complain about anything other than knowing where to get the most functionality out of the NIS. This is largely due to your play style or current demands and from that it is clearly something YOU as a player need to take time to explore. Because of this players now have to STOP PLAYING, sit back, look at their interface and figure out where things best stand. I love it... Now Jagex has thrown a bit of the games background into the players own hands and largely, no one is to blame other than the player for its lack of usability. But there will always be some jackass complaining. Just sayin'

except for, you know the parts that blatantly do not work and all the ridiculous things were still forced to do. I'd say at this point NIS is worse then the current interface. Currently, the NIS is clunky and difficult to use. At least right now I can close invent/chat box/ability bar if I don't want them.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

The letter tab is not available as of now. Neither is the scale, sof/sgs hat or gambling icon.

There's a lot of things that are "comming soon".

Awesome, so it's still a possibility <3

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

except for, you know the parts that blatantly do not work and all the ridiculous things were still forced to do. I'd say at this point NIS is worse then the current interface. Currently, the NIS is clunky and difficult to use. At least right now I can close invent/chat box/ability bar if I don't want them.

Ok I get that, but you are taking the current situation as NIS being in alpha for granted and already in a live release stage. Everyone and their mother knows its still in test. The working concept should be used in this type of discussion and not the actual current system which is still in its alpha... Hell not even beta. I'm betting the beta will be launched to a live rs3 server. I was explicitly discussing the working concept of NIS. Because of NIS early staging I would rather use working fictional snippets of the system or known working concepts of the systems framework in discussion. Comparing the alpha NIS to what is currently running is a horrible idea. Comparing the known NIS framework or working snippets of the sustem to the current systems fictional model is fine.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Ok I get that, but you are taking the current situation as NIS being in alpha for granted and already in a live release stage. Everyone and their mother knows its still in test. The working concept should be used in this type of discussion and not the actual current system which is still in its alpha... Hell not even beta. I'm betting the beta will be launched to a live rs3 server. I was explicitly discussing the working concept of NIS. Because of NIS early staging I would rather use working fictional snippets of the system or known working concepts of the systems framework in discussion. Comparing the alpha NIS to what is currently running is a horrible idea. Comparing the known NIS framework or working snippets of the sustem to the current systems fictional model is fine.

It's just that Jagex doesn't even seem to know what players like and use in the current interface system (f-keys, easily toggleable chatbox/inv/action bar), and this is reflection in the implementation of the alpha interface. Sure it's going to be tweaked, but why doesn't Jagex even know about common features that most of the player base uses?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

What they use and what they want to use are two completely different things.

We use what is avaible, such as the F keys to switch back and forth.

But do we want to use F keys? Some do, I don't, I prefer to have those keys remapped to something that isn't that far up the keyboard.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

How about easily toggling the action bar, option stones and chatbox? There's no functionality to close the action bar in the alpha, and if you close your inventory tab, it's heck of an effort to put it back.

6Ij0n.jpg

there should be options for transparency, multiple action bars and they need to lose the giant bars that say "minimap" or "global chat" at the top of everything, all they do is fill space. Quick prayer and summoning need to be more prominent. We don't need giant bars telling us how much lp/adrenaline/prayer/summoning we have. Nobody cares about summoning and prayer and the others are already displayed. They need to remove the red box stopping us from placing things in the middle of the screen. Of course you can't see you're character if you do, so nobody will but it prevents you from freely resizing and moving things. You can't currently open the interface to get to prayers/abilities if you're already in combat and don't have the open, that needs to be fixed. You currently need different windows open for melee/ranged/mage/defensive abilities, make it one tabbed window. Interfaces cant currently overlap. they should be able to. We don't need different tabs to switch the chat window between friends and to toggle them, make toggling a right click option as it is now. Run energy needs to be displayed somewhere.

tl;dr the entire system is clunky, unnecessarily cluttered and doesn't allow things that people actually use to be easily used. Basically they need to look at everything and ask if it helps, hinders, or has no effect on gameplay vs. what we have now.

• Like 3

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Tbf on the whole toggle hiding thing they have said keybinds to hide/show things are on the way so you can literally have a blank interface setup are enroute; it just hasn't been coded yet.

Thye have also confirmed transparency options and ability to get rid of the brown title bars to be in the works.

A lot of these complaints are valid, but not needed as they are on the to do list and you have to remember though it looks shiny this is an alpha test, this isn't even up to beta standard yet - there's no need to decry it for having issues in such a 'oh its useless jagex fails' way we have the alpha for the very purpose of giving constructive input early on to get it changed.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

the point is that the entire thing doesn't seem to be designed with smooth gameplay in mind. Probably doesn't help that jagex doesn't really know how a high level player plays.

DM0Yq2c.png

the point is that the entire thing doesn't seem to be designed with smooth gameplay in mind. Probably doesn't help that jagex doesn't really know how a high level player plays.

Are you serious? Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, gets more easier and malleable than giving players a UI that they can shape themselves. Clearly jagex has the players idea of smooth game play in mind. There are so many play styles and routines players adhere to that jagex could do no better justice than creating a resizable and docking UI they have now in the alpha. They couldn't spoon feed you anything more from here on out aside from assigned hot keys for opening certain interfaces or trigger keys. No offense, and I know I'm going to offend someone, but this is what I was talking about. There was bound to be a player to utter words in contextual format that "this change isn't good enough." Honestly this community... I'm shaking my head...

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Are you serious? Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, gets more easier and malleable than giving players a UI that they can shape themselves. Clearly jagex has the players idea of smooth game play in mind. There are so many play styles and routines players adhere to that jagex could do no better justice than creating a resizable and docking UI they have now in the alpha. They couldn't spoon feed you anything more from here on out aside from assigned hot keys for opening certain interfaces or trigger keys. No offense, and I know I'm going to offend someone, but this is what I was talking about. There was bound to be a player to utter words in contextual format that "this change isn't good enough." Honestly this community... I'm shaking my head...

The change is good, for sure, but for reasons that Aiel, Trey, and various others have covered, it's not good enough yet.

This is called the feedback process, btw.

6Ij0n.jpg

The change is good, for sure, but for reasons that Aiel, Trey, and various others have covered, it's not good enough yet.

This is called the feedback process, btw.

I'm aware.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

What they use and what they want to use are two completely different things.

We use what is avaible, such as the F keys to switch back and forth.

But do we want to use F keys? Some do, I don't, I prefer to have those keys remapped to something that isn't that far up the keyboard.

Agreed. I'd like to open things like inventory with I/B, quests with Q or J, etc, like 99% of every single other MMO or RPG on the planet. That of course should be possible since the F key update was done when the chat window was activated 100% of the time and Jagex couldn't map it. Now they can.

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

NIS Patch notes

Patch Notes from 26/04/2013:

• Chat tabs now only flash three times to alert you to any changes.

• Update ‘Classic’ preset to have the correct preview image.

• The camera now scales based on the zoom level of the player.

• Added an improved ‘default’ preset on the login selection menu.

• Moved the default position of the buffs window.

• Removed WSAD camera control.

• Fixed issues with interfaces not swapping palaces correctly.

• Fixed issues with the resizing when switching between layouts and graphics options.

• Changed Zoom keybinding to ‘Page Up’ and ‘Page Down’.

• Corrected the camera zoom for the ‘Old School’ preset.

• My Gear interface now shows the correct money pouch values.

• Prayers/Curses interfaces are now better at remembering their size.

• Stopped the zoom from being locked in to player when changing from old school layout.

• Corrected the mouse-over text on the Report Bugs button.

• Ribbon and ability bar GFX can now be seen on be seen on login before interacting with them.

• Bank Search now longer leaves the game dialogue open.

• Deposit items interface no longer disappears after moving a central interface or resizing the browser.

• The camera no longer locks up in Dungeoneering.

• Tooltips are no longer being cut off screen.

• Locked some interfaces in the ribbon that not currently being used.

• Fixed some issues with the placement of the ribbon.

• TLI - Curse of Arrav - Requirement 'Fully restored Senliten from Missing my Mummy' is now acknowledged.

• Resizing your browser will now update the game window resolution.

• Settings interface now closes when you are in combat.

HTML5 Patch Notes

26/04 - 15:00

-Fixed a couple of crash bugs

-Optimised point lights a bit

-Fixed some issues that caused the customisation booth to land on the wrong floor

-Fixed flags/locations for worlds in the lobby so they don't all say UK

-Optimise areas of the world that allow you to do server-side actions, so they can be sent to the graphics card in fewer batches - this will also allow things to be 'op-ed' from further away

-Improved the error page that says your browser/computer doesn't support everything we need, so that it says exactly what you are missing

-Fixed player height above ground during some animations

-Fixed Spanish version of HTML5 client

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Out of interest, anyone got HTML5 pics of Waterbirth Dunge? Specifically past the doors. Would be interesting to see how it looks :P

That being said, only if HTML5 is now stable so that you don't dc every 3 minutes.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Oh so maybe the items rotate and don't actually drop on random locations. Sounds like a bug to be honest, but such small random things help the game.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Not that i'm trying to diss, but RS is moving further and further away from the game i've once loved and seeing what they're planning to do i'm considering quitting it for good.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]