HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

I never found chat colours an issue with transparency.

Pretty much all the game messages are in colours that will show right globally, or in the only areas they appear and you can change all the actual chat colours to suit your needs.

I've not been in NIS for a while, but I remember one of the major issues in early Alpha for many, myself included, was that you couldn't make it transparent. I think they did at some point add tranparancy sliders to pretty much everything, but as I said, I'm not actively in it right now (because I don't have the time to keep redoing JAG and removing the old ones).

I never found chat colours an issue with transparency.

Pretty much all the game messages are in colours that will show right globally, or in the only areas they appear and you can change all the actual chat colours to suit your needs.

I've not been in NIS for a while, but I remember one of the major issues in early Alpha for many, myself included, was that you couldn't make it transparent. I think they did at some point add tranparancy sliders to pretty much everything, but as I said, I'm not actively in it right now (because I don't have the time to keep redoing JAG and removing the old ones).

I was responding to someone who said they didn't use current fullscreen/resize due to transparent chat making things unreadable.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

11/06 - 12:15

- Fix some issues with roof removal in player-owned houses

- Fix offset hint-trails

- Some GPU optimisations

- Fix positioning of hint arrows

- Use a LDR render target when bloom is disabled

- Fix some cutscene-related camera issues

- Try and avoid translation of webGL calls to directX ones that are not recommended for Intel cards

- Fix to shader attributes for NVidia cards on Linux

- Fix disappearing axes when chopping down trees

- Some memory churn optimisations

- Fix bug with chat history when more than 100 messages of particular type are received

- Fix shader uniform compile warnings on startup

- Fix a few crash bugs

- Make reflections on water look a bit nicer when there are multiple heights of water

- Fix some issues with roof removal when NPCs are standing on higher levels in some areas

- Fix images in interfaces

- Fix some content where NPCs jump around when they should be walking

- Make chatheads the correct size in interfaces for some NPCs with big heads

- Fix bug whereby if you did a lot of clicking to walk, you would get increasing delay before you actually performed the action

- Flip backwards environment mapping

- Improve lighting of models in interfaces to be a bit closer to the Java client

- Don't crash when you click the X in the corner of the client on the login screen

- Fix whiteout leaving some areas with bloom on

- Flip some upside-down particle textures

- Make particles work in some places where they were missing

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

And the html5 has finally been optimized for me and I am getting consistently between 20-30 fps. I get fairly good loading as well, but now if feels like the zone loading we are used to now is equalized by their "seamless loading." It is quite burdening that the assets have to be loaded when you log in or move to another area that requires loading. I think jagex should look into loading potential zones we'll move to in this manner to prevent constantly dealing with what I call "ground zero" asset loading.

I'm going to repost this on the HTML5 forum.

Specs:

http://i.imgur.com/VCFpldk.png

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Let's see if I can load it yet. :rolleyes:

OH MY GOD IT WORKED AND THIS IS AMAZING

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/purebeauty.png/

Won't work, guess you have to click the link :/

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

So if you press any of the F keys, it instantly crashes the client and makes it impossible to re-load it until I clear my DNS cache.

Nice nice.

And starting to search something on G.E. crashes it and renders the client unresponsive. Can click on the ground and have the yellow cross appear, but nothing happens.

And starting to search something on G.E. crashes it and renders the client unresponsive. Can click on the ground and have the yellow cross appear, but nothing happens.

Happens at CW too

and at nexbank for me

Also only my f1 key crashes it currently, I accidently pressed it just as ice prison happened... Bad move.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

I think the bad move was going to Nex in the HTML5 beta, but yeah.

I haven't actually tried to see if the other F keys caused this issue, didn't seem worth trying.

I'm thinking it might be related to the Null -> glitch in the live game, pressing F1 causes Null -> to appear in the top left, but it doesn't happen with the other F keys.

• Like 2

It was funny though, I might grab a video of it.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Remember that little letter everyone thought was a mailbox in the NIS? Well this pretty much nixed that speculation:

Ar-Kelvar said:

With the new NIS coming out soonish can we expect a messaging system for contacting offline friends or clanmates to be implemented? Or planned to be added to the system in the future? It seems like a great opportunity to do so, and I would love to be able to message a clanmate or a friend offline so we can still communicate even if the other person is not online.

We'd really love to do this at some point in the future but we don't have offline messaging in our current plans.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Remember that little letter everyone thought was a mailbox in the NIS? Well this pretty much nixed that speculation:

We'd really love to do this at some point in the future but we don't have offline messaging in our current plans.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yeah, really... Breaking my [bleep]ing heart here man! lmfao

Moar patch notes!

17/06 - 14:10

- Fix disparity between using mouse and arrow keys to control camera

- Fix crash in Burthorpe mines

- Fix crazy flipping of camera when it collides with the ground (in some cases)

- Fix some cutscenes a bit more (field of view issues)

- Fix problem with camera controls stopping working when going from the 2nd to 3rd floors of the Wizards' Tower

- Fix some problems in the Firemaker's Curse quest

- Fix some problems where clicks would not be registered by the server

- Fix distorted terrain in the Killerwatt area

- Fix places where geometry does not disappear when it is supposed to (e.g. cutting web in the wilderness)

- Fix flipped bloom textures

- Fix crash when client tries to send messages over a broken connection to the server

- Fix spacing on player-owned ports "voyage" interface text

- Adjust shadow on items in the bank to make it a bit less dark

- Fix incorrect cursor being shown when clicking through NPC chat (attack icon shown when there should be no icon)

- Fix missing offset on projectiles being fired (e.g. arrows fired by gnomes)

- Fix animations being a bit broken in the runespan area

- Make mouse-look a bit more responsive when moving small distances

- Make particles look a bit more like Java client

- Fix some overlays on NPCs that were not appearing correctly

- Fix crash when camera was not set up correctly

- Fix crash in castle wars when a player changes which floor they are on

- Fix numpad keys not working correctly

- Fix some animations which were not quite random enough

- Fix some missing animations

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

f1 still causes gamecrash, guess I still can't pvm on html5. :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

^I coulda sworn ages ago they said they are aware some keybinds cause crashes but they aren't concerned with fixing it because keybinds is to do with the interface not the game engine AND the NIS team are re-writing keybinds entirely anyway.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The optimization has actually been done a bit, if the area is loaded, I get constant 60FPS on max details on my 1,5 year old PC.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

They still need to fix loading, because now every time you move it loads stuff instead of loading in jumps at area edges. That is nice as long as the loading is smooth enough... but it isn't yet.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

They still need to fix loading, because now every time you move it loads stuff instead of loading in jumps at area edges. That is nice as long as the loading is smooth enough... but it isn't yet.

Tru.dat

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I had hope when in BTS they stated that they will finally be giving us 'total freedom' over key binds.

I lost all of it when I saw the news about 'function keys being reserved'.

Just like the action bar: good idea, bad design. They just cannot do UI right.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

I had hope when in BTS they stated that they will finally be giving us 'total freedom' over key binds.

I lost all of it when I saw the news about 'function keys being reserved'.

Just like the action bar: good idea, bad design. They just cannot do UI right.

Where is this news announcement?