HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

Action bar doesn't work for me in HTML5+NIS if I use the keyboard (clicking the icons work).

Also if I type too fast in the chat, it skips half of the letters. Unbelievable. The folks at Jagex are completely mad if they seriously think this is ready for release in a week.

*loads NIS on HTML5*

*logs in*

*please choose the interface you want*

*clicks one*

*page refreshes: Whoops, something went wrong.*

Now when I load it, it loads the sky, then crashes again and again and again... <_<

Action bar doesn't work for me in HTML5+NIS if I use the keyboard (clicking the icons work).

Also if I type too fast in the chat, it skips half of the letters. Unbelievable. The folks at Jagex are completely mad if they seriously think this is ready for release in a week.

My cunning plan to take next week off work and go away on vacation is starting to look even more cunning by the minute ... :twss:

nyuseg.png

Used NIS for the first time in a while today and I'm really impressed with what it can do. Sure it has glitches and lots of issues ans some things could be better, but it's atleast promising.

As for HTML5.. well.. It can look lovely at times, but the anti-aliasing just does not work well at all. I'm happy with how it all looks aside from that, aside from the probably thousands of bugs. Again that could partially be blamed on the low numbers of people testing it, perhaps in a few weeks once they're both properly out we'll see the real improvements.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

HOLY SHIT the new textures in Varrock.

Glad to see the loading circle doesn't flash anymore when you try to log in.

Interface does take ages to load, though. And for some reason, I can't bring up the developer console, all it does when I try to activate it is type § in the chatbox.

Again that could partially be blamed on the low numbers of people testing it, perhaps in a few weeks once they're both properly out we'll see the real improvements.

It has more to do with the fact that Jagex are continuing weekly updates for RuneScape and then shoehorning them into the new client. Jagex's problem is that they develop stuff like RuneScape 3, Evolution of Combat, new skills, etc, over one or two years, which would be fine if RuneScape was one of those MMOs that gets a few small updates here and there but the real meaty content really comes in the annual or biennial expansion packs because it gives a mostly static work environment. Jagex, on the other hand, develops massive systems while also maintaining weekly updates.

So it's really not the content team's fault because the people at the helm are screwing this game over with the release scheduling. It's like being tasked with putting together a ten thousand piece puzzle, but every hour on the hour someone comes in and scrambles up the pieces. Or they might redesign a section of the puzzle, or add another thousand pieces, or remove some of the pieces, or change their placement around, or break one of your wrists, or throw a dead animal on the pile, and whenever they make a change they demand you stop doing what you're doing and focus on whatever was altered.

It worked when RuneScape was just a ten thousand piece puzzle and the game wasn't big enough to really mess up, but Jagex have grown it into a ten billion piece puzzle and the whole thing is falling apart at the seams. It isn't just a case of content being popular, it is the game being rendered unplayable because the infrastructure is burning to the ground around us.

• Like 7

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

It's funny, because they don't even get rid of the old textures, they just have the new ones being added on top of the previous ones.

2dlujop.jpg

The same can happen when loading the live game, sometimes you'll see that the All/Game/Public/Private/etc buttons use the old textures for a moment.

Anyone find that they can't access the HTML5 Beta nor the NIS at all, with the pages simply linking back to each other, and the combined option getting stuck loading?

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Interesting note from the news announcement:

As mentioned when we announced the RuneScape 3 release date, we’ve decided to keep the HTML5 game client in beta for the coming months. RS3 continues full steam ahead for launch on 22nd July, with the epic Battle of Lumbridge content, New Interface System, new audio system & music, upgraded camera and seasonal hiscores. The HTML5 beta client will remain available to try out, but we’ll be recommending most players stick with the existing Java version.

With that said, the HTML5 beta is also now open to everyone, and can be used on the live game and the NIS beta, so you’ll see three options on the beta page

This is amazing news. :) That means at least they recognize that it won't be ready.

• Like 5

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Anyone find that they can't access the HTML5 Beta nor the NIS at all, with the pages simply linking back to each other, and the combined option getting stuck loading?

Same exact problem for me on two computers. Hadn't had access to HTML5 previously either so halfway looking forward to trying it out and beta testing while skilling.

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

People were saying the audio was better when I was in the beta, so I hopped to the Java client, but it was still the same music as in the live game.

(By the way, does anyone else have the problem where you don't get an action bar in the Java client?)

Good to here that they are officially keeping html5 mode as beta on launch, shows (unlike eoc) they have recognised that it isn't ready for the majority.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

FYI, for those on good computers still having huge issues with HTML5, definitely make sure you have an updated graphics driver. I have an AMD graphics card that is barely a year old, but I just checked and my driver is now like 6 months out of date, with an even newer driver due out soon. (I went from 9.0 version to 12.0 version!!!)

Apparently AMD at least doesn't handle automatic updates... I haven't had a chance to try out HTML5 (had to go to work) but once I get a chance this evening I'll update this again.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Just tried the HTML 5 Beta again and also tried it with the NIS put into it as well, both seem to be running much better for me than the HTML 5 Beta previously did which was sluggish as hell. I mean still this is nowhere near the frame rate & fluid smooth game play I get on the current game but it's a step up. Only problem I seem to be having is my interfaces are sluggish other than that the game runs decent.

xxteargodxx.png

I get notified when the drivers for my graphics card gets an update, I updated like last week to the last version of the driver in fact.

Still not getting any better results, even the merging of HTML5 with NIS didn't make things go better.

I'm so pleased that they are holding back HTML5!

On the NIS: I wish I could choose if my ability bar maximes into the upward section. My HP-bar is now sitting on chat, with minimalised ability bar. When I open the ability bar, my HP bar moves up and stays there stuck. That is someting they really should look into. :s

• Like 1

Didn't have the action bar in the java NIS, but relogging made it re-appear.

Gotta wonder how many people thought EoC was being removed. :lol:

And yay for holding it back! Means I might have a working computer for offical release :thumbup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Same exact problem for me on two computers. Hadn't had access to HTML5 previously either so halfway looking forward to trying it out and beta testing while skilling.

I had this problem and fixed it by logging in to the website.

On my other Laptop I was pretty consistent with my fps in Beta HTML5, I was averaging between 20-30 fps and never lower then like 15 fps. This was on low settings though =C

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Just tried out the NIS again, it still has a few glitches, but definitely better than HTML5 release wise. Can't wait to see what those locked interfaces are (Paths, Activity Stream, etc)

I was sadly getting 15 FPS there on maxed settings, contrary to the 20-25 FPS I get on current client (Yay for old PC).

Definitely looking forward to its release

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Seems like there's an Area Status window in the NIS since the latest update--or at least I haven't seen it previously.

3EA80.jpg

Guessing it has to do with world events, and which gods have control of which places. Gonna be fun to see the world change around us depending on the gods that win :D

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner