HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

HTML5 local storage (the only real manner to store information on a user's pc without resorting back to java) simply is limited.. Google chrome for example only allows for 2.5 megabyte of storage, firefox allows 5 mb (calculated per site, or more exact per origin)...

Just enough to store some settings, but by far not enough to hold image data and the like. On top of that each world is its own origin by the internet standards, and as such they can't access each others data. Also a user can change this (typically to a max of 50MB) so it isn't even guaranteed that the image is still there the next load, leading to transparent models.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

tried the html5 beta again

this time, the clan chat doesn't work in the lobby

and it was an especially inopportune moment

ugh

You tried the beta just to sit in lobby? :XD:

• Like 2

Tg_Ibe.png

This is true for me, at least.

Not for me, sorry to say.

Some patch notes from yesterday!

24/06 - 14:10

- Fix some camera issues with cutscenes

- Add pre-fetching of assets on the loginscreen - if you wait for 10-15 mins on the loginscreen, it should download everything. We'll add some sort of progress indicator for this in a future update

- Minor tweaks to graphics engine

- Allow full-screen to be entered with F11

- Move skybox rendering to end of frame

- Add support for target indicator on NPCs in combat

- Fix bug where players were not standing where they appeared to be

- Fix offsets of hit marks

- Fix resetting of camera position at the wrong times

If only they would fix the not being able to import saved games bug I would be happy :/

howlin1eeveesig.png

The preload thing seems to be a bit of failure on beta.

It does solve FPS issues caused by internet lag relating to loading the data (near 2000mb all told)

However in adding it they also removed some of the graphics options to turn down the detail that I was previously using on my macbook.

The problem here is it has just replaced the download lag with worse rendering lag as I had the settings lowered as my macbook simply cannot render them at their fullest so it creates lag from overload and overheat.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

- Add pre-fetching of assets on the loginscreen - if you wait for 10-15 mins on the loginscreen, it should download everything. We'll add some sort of progress indicator for this in a future update

If only they would fix the not being able to import saved games bug I would be happy :/

That's a bug with the NIS Beta, this is a patch notes for the HTML5 Beta.

We should wait for the NIS patch notes to see if they fixed it.

That's a bug with the NIS Beta, this is a patch notes for the HTML5 Beta.

We should wait for the NIS patch notes to see if they fixed it.

Woops I totally knew that. :wink:

howlin1eeveesig.png

E1hczOd.jpg

So you can zoom out on the GUI in html5... This could be interesting.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

E1hczOd.jpg

Was it zoomed out or was the UI downsized with CTRL+scroll?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

E1hczOd.jpg

Can you zoom in?

How much can you zoom in?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

UI downsized with CTRL+scroll

This. It's actually pretty fun, but somehow spikes my ram usage up and lags out my computer if I go too far in either direction. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

NIS pictures:

New actionbar slots. How they work is that they act like the item in that slot is bound to the actionbar. In my picture the first one is my Virtus book, if I hit '3', it'll equip and the slot will be replaced by my offhand drygore. I could move the elf crystal there and it'd teleport me. Very useful imo.

3ptKf.png.png

New bank.

3pASp.png

^The invent slots also self-move for stacking purposes.

Eg if you select a slot with a rocktail in it will show a bank-like stack of however many rocktails are in your inventory and move the slot to the next one as and when you eat.

So far on my mac I am enjoying NIS though my screen feels kinda cramped, not really tried it on my desktop with better res.

dJiK9W0.jpg

I kinda wish they'd give the action bar and menu bar a bit more versatility in terms of resizing and that the various tabs within interfaces could be set to any of the 4 sides and maybe have a sort of 'autohide' so they only pop out when you mouse over em.

I also think the menu bar could easily be given a much lower profile collapsible form since between keybinds and setting up your layout you don't really need to get to any of it that quickly.

I also wish they'd give us a better control over things like the buff interface, the title bars when moving them make it hard to see WHERE they will actually go. The lack of snapping to match edges makes for easy overlap issues and xp counter and buffs, in many ways, need to be able to have left/rick top/bottom toggled for placement of the first row otherwise anywhere but top left ends up with sort of weird hovering buffs until you get a 2nd row.

I also think with how big we can make your inventories now it'd be nice if like BoB and some other storage items (eg rock bag) could be opened into the inventory itself.

Eg you could open yak into invent and it'd show the 28 bluey invent tiles then show the 28(?) yak ones with a little sum icon on and in a diff colour perhaps.

Make it so that you still have to do the whole bend over interaction thing when moving stuff on-off it and you can't directly use food or pots in the BoB, but just streamlined overview kinda thing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Doesn't really look like a new bank system, no new organizational features or anything.

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The new features is your inventory appears in a box joined to the side of the bank and a nice shiney, not-at-all-reskinned-to-match bank pin button.

Also the equip interface mode seems to be gone because removing useful features is always good.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Patch Notes for Today's NIS Update:

Mod Sushi Pi

Jagex Mod

27-Jun-2013 13:07:00 Profile

Patch Notes June 27th

• The mini-games tab now scrolls at the correct speed.

• Edit mode interface can no longer be obscured by the settings menu.

• Fixed some issues in the cutscenes for the Path of Glouphrie.

• Long player names no longer clip out of the loadout interface.

• No longer getting a ‘not a valid entry’ when using the action bar.

• Closing child interface will now update the header colour within the parent interface.

• Moved the default mini-games window to along the top middle of the game window.

• Examine info box is now displayed on inventory objects.

• Filter tooltip is now correctly displayed in Conquest.

• Fixed some missing boards on a number of interfaces.

• Removing coins from money pouch no longer shows the value as zero.

• Elite Clue Scroll - Mini-games tab no longer stays open when the clue is dropped.

• No longer to open the fish flingers interface outside of fish flingers.

• Kick\Ban options in friends chat now work as expected.

• Added transparency to the ports mini-games interface.

• Updated interface naming conventions to be more consistence.

• Stopped parent interfaces reloading if selecting them, while already opened.

• Corrected the resizing on the skills interface.

• Friend’s list name/world separator is not synced between parent and child interfaces.

• Entering Castle Wars portal no longer opens the Friends window.

• Added a background to the Castle Wars scoreboard interface.

• Can now correctly apply custom key binding to action bar, while the parent windows are open.

• Grand Tree Quest - Hazelmere's scroll can now be viewed correctly.

• Previously targeted NPCs no longer retain the star name prefix.

• Animation for customisation wardrobe triggers just once when switching between tabs in ‘Gear’.

• Fixed the right-click face north option on the mini-map.

• Added shuffle and next track buttons on the Music player interface.

• Re-size cursor added in edit mode while in lock mode.

• Ability tooltips now correctly remove over the action bar when items are replaced.

• Corrected some alignment issues in the magic ability interface.

• Fixed scrolling interfaces via mouse-wheel.

• Switching chat interfaces no longer clears partly entered chat.

• Godwars killcount overlay is now closed on leaving the area.

• Pressing F3 to open the Quest list now opens on previously viewed quest.

• Improved visual feedback for chat filter status.

• Added back the ‘previous’ option on the home teleport.

• Fixed some issues with pets not appearing when called via the customisation interface.

• Improved visual consistency in Edit Mode.

• Bank ‘search’ option no longer leave the game dialogue interface open.

• Locking the action bar now correctly hides the tooltips.

• Report options now appear in the chat box and functions as intended.

• Profanity filter options can now correctly be toggled on\off.

• Replace the gear icon with an ‘X’ for closing on some interfaces.

• Corrected a number of issues in the Fremennik Sagas.

• Can once again remove Scrimshaws from the worn equipment pocket slot.

• Added background to interfaces in the Soul Wars tutorial.

• Key biding now works as expected when accessing Make-X options.

EDIT:

I hope they fix the equip screen for bank. In addition, I hope they do change BoB to be like additional inventory so it's easier to use, reorganize etc. Getting closer, still a ways to go IMO tho.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Hasn't the equip screen always been disabled while banking before the NIS update? (Since the inventory took up the whole side interface and prevented tab changing) I imagine there's a reason why it is that way, and they made it lock the equip screen to stop any potential issues.

They are updating the interfaces to all look consistent, any new features/organization methods/convenience updates will come at a later date in the beta if they can fit. They have already said that they would very much like to add things like those in the RS3 full release.

• Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Doesn't really look like a new bank system, no new organizational features or anything.

It's just a re skin right now and I'm totally fine with that. The more interface consistency the better.

I still have confidence that that there will be more bank functionality on RS3 release.

side note: I'd love to see a loadout system within the baking interface. Something that lets you withdraw certain items with the click of a button. ex: 14 air orbs and 14 battlestaves while crafting or 5 torstol seeds, 50 laws, 50 astrals, 50 nats, ectophial, explorers ring, greenfinger aura, magic secateurs, mud battlestaff for farm runs. Basically anything you can fit into a 28 slot inverntory loadout. I give JaGex and anyone there full access to this idea :)

• Like 3
4e0Vn.png

It's just a re skin right now and I'm totally fine with that. The more interface consistency the better.

I still have confidence that that there will be more bank functionality on RS3 release.

side note: I'd love to see a loadout system within the baking interface. Something that lets you withdraw certain items with the click of a button. ex: 14 air orbs and 14 battlestaves while crafting or 5 torstol seeds, 50 laws, 50 astrals, 50 nats, ectophial, explorers ring, greenfinger aura, magic secateurs, mud battlestaff for farm runs. Basically anything you can fit into a 28 slot inverntory loadout. I give JaGex and anyone there full access to this idea :)

Looking at the recent 'quality' updates you can be sure that this will never happen.

Or it will be buggy as hell to the point where people will regret having something they cannot use.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Decided to try the PoP randoms in HTML5.

yP6UgDZ.jpg

Epic hiding skills, bro!

Of0lWI8.jpg

Now what was the colour of his legs again? Red?

AIJER40.jpg

Ah, sir? Would you mind telling me who you'd like to assassinate?

NEupH2E.jpg

Oi! Come down and tell me who to point out!

• Like 6

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I have a strong feeling we'll be saying 'html5 was ready' very soon instead of eoc was ready :[

At least we always have the java version to fall back on. We didn't exactly have an alternate to the combat system if we couldn't play the main version. (Not counting OSRS) So no worries, EoC will still remain one of the biggest memes of RS history.

• Like 4

hzvjpwS.gif

I have a strong feeling we'll be saying 'html5 was ready' very soon instead of eoc was ready :[

Yeah, it's still very much a work in progress. I hope they don't rush it out.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses