HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

So no worries, EoC will still remain one of the biggest memes of RS history.

Bigger than sailing and pillars?

If they can consider the dungeoneering minigame a SKILL, why can't they rename the player owned ports minigame as a skill?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

So no worries, EoC will still remain one of the biggest memes of RS history.

Bigger than sailing and pillars?

If they can consider the dungeoneering minigame a SKILL, why can't they rename the player owned ports minigame as a skill?

You can't level up.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

And doing a few dozen floors over and over again is different from sending out a voyage over and over again.. HOW?

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

At it's most basic interpretation, every skill in Runescape is a minigame. Dungeoneering is just noticeable more complex than say mining a rock.

• Like 1

Every repeatable action in game is minigame? I don't think so. It need special level of complexity. That is why DG/POP (but not just sending ships) is minigamish and agility isn't.

Runescape simulates medieval/fantasy life. It just so happens that mining a rock is a very simple action and exploring a dungeon isn't, but they are both "skills" in the game world.

Also, seeing as how throwing a dice and betting on the outcome is a game, I would consider using the RNG to see if you get a rock or not to be a game of sorts.

Edit: I used the term minigame more along the lines of a small game, and less about the Runescape classification, but I see where it could cause some confusion.

Wouldn't that be Antialiasing not being correctly done by hardware?

Also, they could do to fix bloom settings for items and for dungeoneering, it just looks aweful in HTML5, because everything washes out.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I thought this sufficient for a second post.

03/07 - 14:10

- Pre-load the world on the login screen/in the lobby, if we know where you are going to be standing

- Improve build speed of the world through major rework of underlying systems

- Add output of debug showing more accuate cache download percentage on the login screen/in the lobby (

- Add output of debug for min/max/mean FPS over a period of time

- Various small optimisations

- Fix some cutscene camera issues for older cutscenes

- Show last login IP address in lobby

- Improve shader preload system, to not preload shaders you don't need based on your current graphics settings

- Fix crash when closing the lobby

- Fix disappearing hulls in player-owned ports

- Fix a few crash bugs

- Fix offset of water in minimap

- Move players feet out of the floor in Voragos cave

- Fix a few other bugs in boss update

- Fix missing overhead icons

- Add in support for target reticule in combat

- Fix problem scrolling some interfaces

- Fix PMod/JMod crowns in chat

- Fix target text when you press F1

- Fix flashing of hint arrows

- Hide hotspots in player-owned houses when they should not be shown in non-building mode

- Fix some animation bugs

- Fix rotation of sprites in interfaces slightly

- Add some support for a number of features/improvements that will be added in the run-up to RuneScape 3

I haven't seen anyone post the fixes updated. This was from July 3rd, 2013, so I don't know how much people have tried HTML5 recently, but looks like some pretty big improvements.

Serena_Sedai.png

I hope they optimize it some more. I've got what I would consider a fairly high end gaming rig and I'm running at about 15 -30 fps. There is no way I should have to overclock for RS

That said it looks gorgeous, maybe some of the transitions could use some work but I have high hopes.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

decided to try html beta again...compared to java fps

w3 ge mid gives me stable 25fps in high details in current java...same with html is 1-5fps very unstable and trying to run through crowd its more like 1 frame per 3-5 secs...dropped settings to low helped little but not much still had unstable fps 1-10 in ge mid

my pc not too old, i5 + HD6670 + intel 120gb ssd + windows xp pro

w3 ge mid gives me stable 25fps in high details in current java...same with html is 1-5fps very unstable and trying to run through crowd its more like 1 frame per 3-5 secs...dropped settings to low helped little but not much still had unstable fps 1-10 in ge mid

How on earth you get just 25 fps on java client?

There's something wrong there :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

How on earth you get just 25 fps on java client?

There's something wrong there :P

dont think that is too low as being in middle ge in trade world crowd..elsewhere i get up to 50 when less ppl in sight

All this talk of framerates is making me very worried about the migration to HTML5...I barely get 15 fps on absolute minimum right now. :?

Looks like I'm going to be stuck using the java client for a long time.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

All this talk of framerates is making me very worried about the migration to HTML5...I barely get 15 fps on absolute minimum right now. :?

You and everyone else who isn't lying about their 60-100+ fps.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The good thing is, judging by the nis beta, the rs3 java engine is much improved so even if you can't benefit from html5 you ought to run better than now in java.

I mean I run near enough min settings on live java and get like 15 fps if I'm lucky; NIS servers i have running on max settings at a smooth 25+fps

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I am not lying about 50FPS. But I have a ridiculously stupid rig for just running Runescape...

At any rate, computer power has almost nothing to do with HTML5 issues at present, I think that's more issue with optimizing for Web GL not doing stuff in hardware optimized ways (ie. not taking full advantage of Graphics chip offloads)

Serena_Sedai.png

All this talk of framerates is making me very worried about the migration to HTML5...I barely get 15 fps on absolute minimum right now. :-?

TBH with what I have for a gaming rig I'd expect 60 fps. The fact that I don't get it is what bothers me.

The good thing is, judging by the nis beta, the rs3 java engine is much improved so even if you can't benefit from html5 you ought to run better than now in java.

I mean I run near enough min settings on live java and get like 15 fps if I'm lucky; NIS servers i have running on max settings at a smooth 25+fps

Interesting, I may have to check out the nis beta and see if it is any better.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

TBH with what I have for a gaming rig I'd expect 60 fps. The fact that I don't get it is what bothers me.

RS caps at 50 FPS, I believe...?

Interesting, I may have to check out the nis beta and see if it is any better.

Let us know!

Serena_Sedai.png

RS caps at 50 FPS, I believe...?

HTML5 caps at 60.

Technically html5 is unbounded and can go higher, but anything >30-40 fps and the human eye wont see it.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items