HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

Still can't figure out how to add more of the old tabs, but will get around to it.

However, found this gem:

44806982.png

IMPLYING

Omg I'm dying

So they finally admit...Best picture on this thread, no doubt about it.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Still can't figure out how to add more of the old tabs, but will get around to it.

However, found this gem:

44806982.png

IMPLYING

Omg I'm dying

So they finally admit...Best picture on this thread, no doubt about it.

You know when I originally saw the image, I thought - "Awesome! We can now set up specific groups for minigames, now! Woot!" - and then I saw that it said "Floor" and "Complexity", et al, and I pooed solid blocks ...

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

I kinda hoped that the game would be confused as to which skillcape emote to use, but it seems it automatically uses the emote from the cape worn in cape slot (doesn't realize that there is a cape worn if it isn't in cape slot.)

I hope the NIS system takes advantage of a nice opourtunity to change how 'hit enter to chat' works.

The ideal solution for most players would probably be an option to reverse that, or make it a toggle key so that you can jump in and out of action bar mode at will.

If they don't plan on making the action bar bigger, I assume the function keys are now unbound and could be used instead, and shift function to double the range if they make the bar bigger.

I just hate the actionbar system because I find this a social game, and using the bar is a barrier to talking. It also steals all input when in chat mode, so you can't use abilities at the same time.

If this were mine to fix, I would make it so for example you have 1234asdf bound to action bar. You start to type "See, this can work". Typin the S tries to fire the ability, the e-e-space- doesn't fire anything on the action bar, so it's pasted into your chat bar "See-" and you are able to continue typing the rest of your message.

Basically there is a great difference between typing, and between using the action bar. It should allow for an intuitive effortless switch. Using the 3-strike rule mentioned above, it allows for 3 'mistypes' so it shouldn't infuriatingly switch you into chat-mode mid boss. Jagex definitely have access to the beginning 3 characters of many millions of sentences, and these could be used programmatically to find the pattern to toggle between action bar, and chat.

Of course, if you should choose to have your action bar bound as lolololol, then you will lose this functionality for any sentences beginning with 'lol'.

LgEZt.png

It might not work for everyone, for example, I have my abilities bound to QWER ASDF ZXCV buttons, so if I typed "Seers" for example, the game may nor immediately recognise if I am actually typing Seers, or actually using abilities bound to S, E, R, S buttons.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

^ Yeah, but you would be pressing S, E, E, R, S much slower than you would if you were to type out the word "Seers."

Some people type with one finger though.

My 5 minute solution is far from optimal and I'd like to hear other peoples opinions on ways it could be better.

Platinum, this could be alongside a more permanent toggle of the abilities bar. So if you are reciting Shakespeare there need not be accidental ability usage mid-sonnet.

It's an interesting problem. A human could tell the difference between someone trying to type and someone trying to use abilities, in almost all cases bar a few ambiguous ones.. So it should be possible to do it programmatically. + it's nice when a program can intuit what you want to do, with seemingly no interaction from you. It's shiny and feels nice to use..

LgEZt.png

Is anyone working on any NIS layouts? I'm excited to see some player ingenuity for situations such as PVP, PVM and skilling or general all purpose layouts tailored to certain aspects. Maybe someone could get one set up for general use, but make it much more user friendly for PVM where the buff window is visible all the time.

I want a tip.it sponsored contest for best NIS set-ups with more tha a fist place.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Did some QBD runs courtesy of the OP equipment setups. Annoying part is that the camera and zoom really screw up the whole thing - panning overhead gives you almost no view of the battle, and even dropping the camera as low as possible, you can barely see the QBD's head sometimes.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Bit that intrigues me a lot with the NIS:

My macbook in theory has ample power to run RS at full settings.

Live Game - Have to use near min graphics for it to limp along rather laggily.

NIS Game - Runs smoothly on max graphics settings.

So does this mean there are some Java engine tweaks that we are seeing in the Alpha that will coincide with the html5 launch for people who still have to run java due to bad specs? Or does this mean some how the current UI systems are insanely eating resources to the point you gotta crank down graphics to compensate?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Probably both, to be honest. I bet that they redid the interface system so that it's more handled by the client instead of talking to the server, meaning less back and forth chatter on the network. And just general improvements to the efficiency. The NIS interface is really well polished, and ran super smooth, by far miles ahead of HTML5. Hopefully we'll see a lot of that benefit.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Guest Smelly Paws

A little helpful advice for anyone getting 'unexpected login response try a different world' when they try to log in. Check your JAG has a valid email address. Mine didn't so I sorted it out and it works like a charm now. The guy on RSOF was most helpful :thumbsup:

It's now possible to store items with BoBs without having to entirely exit the bank Interface :razz:

2jfo1l.jpg'

Also, new graphical element added to show who attacking you/who you're attacking during PvM (not sure if it's the same during PvP):

35ivpn7.jpg

EDIT: The Momentum ability that's just randomly out of place is a bug I believe. It's not interactive and doesn't response to mouse-clicks. It appears for a short time once the client has loaded then dissappears. However, that would be pretty cool if this was a feature.

It's now possible to store items with BoBs without having to entirely exit the bank Interface :razz:

2jfo1l.jpg'

:ooooooooo

Oh my Jeebus. It's a small update should this make it over to the live when NIS is introduced, but it makes things just feel so much better. I'm lovin' it.

• Like 3

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

EDIT: The Momentum ability that's just randomly out of place is a bug I believe. It's not interactive and doesn't response to mouse-clicks. It appears for a short time once the client has loaded then dissappears. However, that would be pretty cool if this was a feature.

It's the Buffs panel. If you go into the Edit mode for the interface (where you move around invisible elements) you can move it around to a location where it isn't in your way.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

It's the Buffs panel. If you go into the Edit mode for the interface (where you move around invisible elements) you can move it around to a location where it isn't in your way.

Yeah it's quite handy cause it shows up all the stuns and drains and stuff you have active, just a shame (as people have mentioned) that as of yet they haven't seen fit to add other things to it that we all want like counting down icons for jujus and other effects of that ilk.

Would be handy if they did make it a standard for all time/context sensitive effects. Like evil tree reward, all the timered pots etc. could all go in there and all it'd need is a little bit of context sensitivity for display. Eg skill related ones hide when you enter combat, combat potion ones could vanish if you go out of combat for a while. Could even add in xp boosters that show up when stuff is equipped and again when in use - eg each of the xp outfits, avatar boost, pendant icons tht slowly drain, horn icon, fire ring n gloves.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This is being fixed with the NIS but I always found the noticeboard to be terrible game design. The way it removes the player the game is ridiculous. Say you're doing a quest, immersing yourself in the lore and the environment, but you need to check your quest log for something. You open the noticeboard and you're met with something that looks nothing like the rest of the game. There are just a few images and a black background. This completely breaks any connection you have to the game. It's like leaving the game completely when you open it. I may be the only person who feels this way, but I always though it funny that the noticeboard worked like that when JaGex was always talking about making the game more immersive.

eg: this...

[hide]ss20130426at040511.png

[/hide]

becomes this...

[hide]ss20130426at040528.png[/hide]

Another thing that I would like to see added with the NIS is more consistency with interfaces. Everything should have that grainy dark blue background to it and all of the scroll bars should match. It's a bit silly when 90% of the game has the dark blue background and you open your bank to see the old brown one.

as seen in Leoo's image:

[hide]2jfo1l.jpg[/hide]

and this image

[hide]ss20130426at042916.png[/hide]

It may seem nit-picky, but let's shoot for some consistency.

• Like 5
4e0Vn.png