HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

I never did find it, but I figured I should add that now an attackable monster's weakness will appear next to their name. :)

Nice. Sadly when drop fishing with the bar, you actually stop fishing to drop.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Maybe I missed the announcement, but it looks like Jagex is converting pets from items that you drop into an interface ability (like they did with the Solomon Shop pets). The ability interface has a tab for Pets which is currently unavailable.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Maybe I missed the announcement, but it looks like Jagex is converting pets from items that you drop into an interface ability (like they did with the Solomon Shop pets). The ability interface has a tab for Pets which is currently unavailable.

Normal pets were meant to go in there back in December, but they had issues making it work and delayed it. This is why we had the weird half-assed update where by all pets bar cats no longer need feeding, but the hunger meter still goes up.

Last we heard was in Feb it had gone to testing, but presumably it still hasn't worked.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

okay, so there's the wiki link

was there an ACTUAL link on the beta homepage or were they just being derps there

or is there a redirect between the html5 and the interface games

When I go to the beta page and log in, it shows both the beta and alpha panels.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Shouldn't this interface thingy be beta and HTML5 alpha? It seems that way to me, at least!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

The reason is because the HTML5 featureset is unlikely to change.

The interface alpha may be more open to changing and adding functionality.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I would seriously appreciate some added functionality to the performance of the HTML5 beta.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I would seriously appreciate some added functionality to the performance of the HTML5 beta.

What he means is that the primary features (HTML5 engine, new graphics effects, etc etc) are all complete, and they are now moving on to optimizing it, getting rid of bugs, and helping it work on all systems.

The interface is probably about 40% done features-wise, and will still have a ways to go before its in beta stage. (They're just testing how people like the current features so they can potentially change them massively if they need to. That's what an Alpha is like)

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

What I like about the new interface:

1. Bigger minimap (about time too, the current minimap is a wee bit too small compared to the visible area of the screen.

2. Home port being on the minimap now as opposed to located solely in Magic spellbook (a very welcome addition)

3. Moveable and resizeable everything

4. The secondary inventory box when you open a box (this is a bloody godsend, I have been refraining from increasing my screen size too much because inv and bank would get dragged too far apart, now I am properly able to play in full screen).

They need to fix the WASD camera rotation though, as of right now, reassigning my skill bars to those keys (which I do on the live version, die hard habit from D2), or even just chatting and hitting those keys still spin the camera. And for me, the active effects list is in the middle of my screen.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I think the things were split because they didn't want the errors of the HTML5 beta to slow down the interface development

the testing of the interface would not really work if people had to deal with unrealistic input lag

8f14270694.jpg

I love how smoothly it rotates, but it seriously shouldn't "zoom in" when I rotate up! I want that zoom distance top down view!!

I also dislike how if you have multiple chats open you can't really easily select which to type in when you press enter to type...

As for effects, chenw you can move that by going into edit mode and selecting edit game hud. That will allow you to move things.

Oh! Big minus. WE CANNOT RESIZE BANK YET.

Definitely good, and I like being able to zoom in a lot.

We can't put the dungoneering minimap up always, but at least we can resize the regular minimap to see a lot more.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Still can't figure out how to add more of the old tabs, but will get around to it.

However, found this gem:

44806982.png

IMPLYING

Inb4 dung is a minigame.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Have finally had a proper play with the alpha today, its deffinitely going to take a lot of getting used to but it really is a step up. I love how dynamic it is, especially the way you can drag and drop sub bars into other sections so easily. I still cant work out how to turn on auto retaliate is though or where the coin pouch is though if anyone can help?

I went to GWD to have a go with combat and the ability bar is very glitchy at the moment and for me abilities didn't work a lot of the time, or once they were used they aren't blacked out out while they cool down. Hopefully things like that will be fixed soon though.

Have finally had a proper play with the alpha today, its deffinitely going to take a lot of getting used to but it really is a step up. I love how dynamic it is, especially the way you can drag and drop sub bars into other sections so easily. I still cant work out how to turn on auto retaliate is though or where the coin pouch is though if anyone can help?

I went to GWD to have a go with combat and the ability bar is very glitchy at the moment and for me abilities didn't work a lot of the time, or once they were used they aren't blacked out out while they cool down. Hopefully things like that will be fixed soon though.

Coin pouch is in your inventory

Calm_Koala.png

I hope the NIS system takes advantage of a nice opourtunity to change how 'hit enter to chat' works.

The ideal solution for most players would probably be an option to reverse that, or make it a toggle key so that you can jump in and out of action bar mode at will.

If they don't plan on making the action bar bigger, I assume the function keys are now unbound and could be used instead, and shift function to double the range if they make the bar bigger.

I just hate the actionbar system because I find this a social game, and using the bar is a barrier to talking. It also steals all input when in chat mode, so you can't use abilities at the same time.

not that I could find. That's my main issue with the NIS so far, if I don't want say my world map open, why should it have to be?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png