HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

I did a floor earlier, got a screenshot somewhere. Was about 80 mins with 4 crashes (plus a dc which is my problem).

Edit:

gallery_173254_290_990514.png

There was also a placeholder interface for xp, 888888 for the floor iirc, but I was too late to screenshot that :(.

You can see a couple of rooms far, but unless you mouse-over to the exact spot you probably won't see the door, walls are in the way.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

People are saying remove shadows, because those destroy the FPS rate. Also, I am annoyed by the draw distance of npcs and players, and the character movement feels off. The movement will be fixed, but RS2 and changeable draw is holding back draw distance because it would be "unfair" for people with low draw distance.

People are saying remove shadows, because those destroy the FPS rate. Also, I am annoyed by the draw distance of npcs and players, and the character movement feels off. The movement will be fixed, but RS2 and changeable draw is holding back draw distance because it would be "unfair" for people with low draw distance.

Shadows and Draw distance is the two major performace impacts. The other settings changes maybe 5 fps total when going from lowest to highest.

It would appear that I can't log into the beta. Everytime I try to jion a world it kicks me. A computer restart did not help (as that what I usually do).

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Unoptomized shadows are so bad for the GPU. Actually, I think shadows in general are pretty intense. I can't believe I hadn't yet thought to see if that's what nukes me at max. I learned from GTA 4, aka the port someone slapped together in an afternoon to melt peoples PC's. In that game it's the shadows that really kill you.

I was actually playing the beta for a few minutes on max before I noticed the shadows. So awesome to have realistic shadows fro everything. Water, draw distance, and shadows. Awesome. I do hope it doesn't take long to sort some thing out though, since with everything on my gpu is only running at 40% load, which tells me there is a scary bad bottle neck going on in there (graphical detail seems to have no impact at all on the CPU).

Hosted a livestream lasting about 4 hours. Visited a lot of the map, not everything but here's the video if anyone who doesn't have access wants to see it. |^_^|

It hasn't been optimised yet, it's just a working version, still have long way to go.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

So. Tiranwyn (elf land), is not a good idea in the beta client. Perfectly stable for me most of the time. Crashed it going through the mountain pass (why not? Beautiful spot I don't visit much), and again shortly after after getting past a couple obstacles. Thinking I might end up rescueing myself with the java client. Something about that area is setting it off.

Also, if I avoid combat, I think I make the client playable. I am using the high render distance, and keeping bloom off, as well as setting the water detail to low, which is sometimes enough to get the fps high enough, and stable enough, to be playable. Other times I need to trade between AA or shadows, as both are using a lot of my available power it seems. I guess, as long as I tailor my settings to the area and situation, it works. Sort of. Good for fishing or something probably, though the bank is a bit problematic.

Port also crashes, so avoid that.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Stopped trying to log into the beta. No support from Jagex at all, nobody responding to my thread on the official forums.

Wait for tomorrow when their work day is over. They have a lot to work on and sift through.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png