04-Jun-2013 - Order of Ascension

Miss Lioness

The polypore dungeon was a very good example of this that I just simply don’t get why they didn’t follow it at all.

You understand it perfectly. The dungeon is designed so that you play through it and get the crossbow. While I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, getting the crossbow just seems so boring. I'll probably stick with something relatively fun like KK and just buy them, although I definitely expect some kind of drop overhaul in the coming months. If anything deserves it, it's this crystal church...cave.....library thing.

Really should have just let me cut off Seath the Scaleless' tail for the crossbows.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

This will just make it even more impossible for your average Lv. 60 ranger to afford a dragon crossbow >_>

Level 60 rangers have the demonslayer crossbow, which according to the wiki against non-demons it's around a t57 weapon's accuracy. This only costs 2mil if they absolutely need a 1h bolt weapon. 2mil might be a lot of money to some people, but even making 100k a day would get you to your goal in less than a month.

And there's plenty other non-bolt weapons to use in its place at a lower price (thrown weaponry) if you ability spam to limit consumption of throwables.

hzvjpwS.gif

2cqf8ev.jpg

NOT ME.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Went down with a friend and got a key after like 5 kills. We were on co-op but not on task and it let us fight the boss together. Well, we were together all of a minute :P I saw it lob that electricity on the ground and I started dodging, taking a chance to fire an ability or 2 every few steps. By the time I turned my camera all that was left of my friend was a pile of bones, lol. I was doing quite well and had almost killed it by doing just what I said above when something decided to freeze (probably shitty Chrome) and I unfroze to like 5 damage splats on my character and 0 LP -.-

2dgucz6.png

Put an offer in ge for 120 of each key overnight (Cya 99 craft/cons/smith supplies, I'm sorry but this bow is more important to me), this had better get me a few xbow parts. >_>

Still got drygores and virtus wand/book, but this is seriously gonna dent my bank unless I get 4 or 5 of the pieces.

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Put an offer in ge for 120 of each key overnight (Cya 99 craft/cons/smith supplies, I'm sorry but this bow is more important to me), this had better get me a few xbow parts. >_>

Still got drygores and virtus wand/book, but this is seriously gonna dent my bank unless I get 4 or 5 of the pieces.

So, we are now buying the right to grind a boss for a rare drop. What will they think of next?

don't know if this has been mentioned..but one can stun the shield guys then surge pass them, then rapid fire will usually suffice. And bombardment works well.

and keys arent that rare, i got about a dozen in a bit under 2 hrs

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

So, we are now buying the right to grind a boss for a rare drop. What will they think of next?

It's not a bad idea really... The only thing that bothers me is how simplistic jagex makes things at times.

I'm fine working on grinding out kills. Anyways the bosses are about a couple notches under the GWD bosses anyways.

How rare are the signets? I've killed 3 and got nothing.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This will just make it even more impossible for your average Lv. 60 ranger to afford a dragon crossbow >_>

Level 60 rangers have the demonslayer crossbow, which according to the wiki against non-demons it's around a t57 weapon's accuracy. This only costs 2mil if they absolutely need a 1h bolt weapon. 2mil might be a lot of money to some people, but even making 100k a day would get you to your goal in less than a month.

And there's plenty other non-bolt weapons to use in its place at a lower price (thrown weaponry) if you ability spam to limit consumption of throwables.

Getting 2m in under a month making 100k a day?

You'll get to 70 Ranged from 60 in less than a week...

Well, I wanted to mess around with the new arrows.

Sad part is nothing really good to shoot them with.

Despite what the wiki says they are level 60.

So you can use a dark bow or a starfury bow.

They do no damage when using specials so you can only autoattack with them.

Which makes them crap for dbow and starfury is like barely passable.

They might have been decent for seercull since that spews out arrows at fastest speed, but whatever some more useless crap...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

You understand it perfectly. The dungeon is designed so that you play through it and get the crossbow. While I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, getting the crossbow just seems so boring. I'll probably stick with something relatively fun like KK and just buy them, although I definitely expect some kind of drop overhaul in the coming months. If anything deserves it, it's this crystal church...cave.....library thing.

[hide]

Having already brought back strength bonuses, godsword special attacks, melee class domination (new crossbow looks to take a lot more time to acquire than drygores), critical bonuses on claws and other things like this, it's quite clear to me that rather than designing a good system, they just want one that looks like it's good.

My thought's on the EoC aside, this update just doesn't live up to my 6 months of expectation. The one boss I fought (Tertius) was fairly straightforward, but centered around running away from damaging areas, one of the weakest and most frustrating combat mechanics in my opinion. Adding a Gladius (the most annoying enemy in the whole dungeon) into the fight didn't help at all, and when I was finally done with my 6 kills, the most valuable drop I had (over 50 times more valuable than anything else) was the original key required to enter the room. I ended up going to Tormented Demons with 2 friends and having a load of fun on a half decade old boss that doesn't operate under the pretense of an advanced combat system (stuns) while being fundamentally the same as a game created in 1999(?).

Tl;dr: Jagex should make bosses that fit their game (pattern recognition, gear swapping) rather than try to implement systems that don't work well (dodging/accurate movement).[/hide]

I would like to register complete agreement with everything that Battosai has said. I had been on a hiatus from RS (doing absolutely nothing RS wise aside from daily spins) for month because of the lackluster month of updates that was May and just general waning interest. When I first read about this update I was mildly aroused so I decided to come back for it, at least to try it out. I logged in today after a few hours following the release. And I generally reached the same conclusions as Battosai. I just ended up logging out in the dungeon after a bit and have yet to return,.

I have no interest in grinding again. I am Maxed, there should be areas where I can use my skills/cool gear (for which I already had to grind tremendously in order to obtain them) for fun things, rather it's just more grinding. No interest in this at all. Grind the bosses, terrible loot, grind for the keys. No thanks. I'm not going to say this is a bad update but it certainly doesn't hold my interest. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I don't mind not returning to RS. After a year of serious hardcore RS, a lengthy hiatus is needed.

Tip.it seriously needs a father figure. That guy who people look up to and in times of need tell you this - quit whining and deal with it. If you want something to whine about I'll give you something to whine about.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Is it still whining if they have a point?

If your kids hungry and you can't leave immediately to get them food do they still have a point? Your kids not starving nor are these players lacking good content.

So yes it's still whining.

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You seem to spend a lot of time whining complaining about other people whining. Frankly, it seems that you spend an inordinate amount of time complaining about other people complaining rather than saying something productive.

OT: I feel it would have been simpler to just make it require the 6 different signets and 100 fragments rather than trying to combine it with past content. I understand they did it to bring life to dead content but at the same time content shouldn't be forced to be useful in some sort of frankenstein impression.

• Like 1

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I took the absolute bare minimum because I figured those who consider the dragon crossbow's price as a t60 weapon a problem would have low earning potential, hence the 100k/day...or they just didn't realize that the dragon crossbow has very little use at all in the long run.

Though hopefully since you're remarking on the absurdity of that given how briefly players are in the t60 range, you already know that the fact that this update "made t60 crossbows harder for t60 rangers to get" is a really odd thing to list as a bad thing. If anything, it's pretty neutral.

Keys are still coming fairly consistently at about 1 every dozen or so kills.

Wut. I've yet to see one after a few hours of camping, but I guess I just have bad luck. It's good to know that the droprates for them aren't as dismal as I originally thought. Yay statistics!

hzvjpwS.gif

yes, i thought the dragon xbow component was pretty poor implementation...perhaps as an attempt to revitalise TDs but it just unnecessarily drive the price of med lvl items up (despite the fact that dragon items have had a history of being overpriced compare to tier above and below)

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

Tip.it seriously needs a father figure. That guy who people look up to and in times of need tell you this - quit whining and deal with it. If you want something to whine about I'll give you something to whine about.

Be the hero Gotham TipIt needs

• Like 2

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Let's make several bronze weapons extremely rare and hard to obtain, in order for their price to be 50m. New players will reach Lv. 10 attack quick enough that 50M price tag would be natural, right?

• Like 1

I took the absolute bare minimum because I figured those who consider the dragon crossbow's price as a t60 weapon a problem would have low earning potential, hence the 100k/day...or they just didn't realize that the dragon crossbow has very little use at all in the long run.

Though hopefully since you're remarking on the absurdity of that given how briefly players are in the t60 range, you already know that the fact that this update "made t60 crossbows harder for t60 rangers to get" is a really odd thing to list as a bad thing. If anything, it's pretty neutral.

Keys are still coming fairly consistently at about 1 every dozen or so kills.

Wut. I've yet to see one after a few hours of camping, but I guess I just have bad luck. It's good to know that the droprates for them aren't as dismal as I originally thought. Yay statistics!

You can get a key as a drop from the bosses, which I'm pretty sure is what he's talking about.

• Like 1

I like the fact that you have to use the dragon crossbow.

I'd like to see older weapons get revitalized.

The 80 mil price tag is only temporary because people are going to be piling into tds again.

I hope they do the same with this dragonstone stuff we have been hearing about and make it use full dragon stuff.

• Like 1

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I think the best way to judge an update's worth is the number of complaints, not the absence of them. There will always be complaints, thanks to differences in opinions, outlook, experience, and general stupidity.

After the armor rebalance we had a ridiculously large outpouring of people saying that the game was dead because of it. That was, admittedly, a pretty bad update.

Farming update had people saying it was worthless and that Jagex had failed us all. That level of complaint marks a good update.

And now we have people saying that this update is grindy and is pointlessly hard compared to Drygores--this level of complaint is known as the Sweet Spot, where there are so few complaints that the only ones that boil up are relatively reasonable (if not easily overlooked by many) .

There are rumors of a fourth tier of update, where no one can find anything bad to talk about, but said rumors go against our current scientific understanding of the Runescape userbase.

• Like 6

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner