04-Jun-2013 - Order of Ascension

Miss Lioness

My biggest personal problem with this update is that it only increases income inequality.

I used to solo a lot of arma godwars when I was a noob. Sometimes I would go in void range, and get only four or five kills. But I knew that if I got a hilt, I could just sell it, and make a ton of money.

What happens if a player, on some slay task, gets a primus key and manages to find a signet. Great! Now they only need five more signets (likely at a cost of 200m) and a dragon crossbow. And they can't recoup any of their investment until they manage to make the whole ascension bow.

Only the rich have a realistic chance of ever assembling the whole bow. Signets should probably be tradable. Every other weapon component in the game is tradable.

• Like 6

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

The dungeon could've been implemented better dropwise. The whole kill minions for keys, and making a weapon by adding to a weaker one (not to mention the drops) could've easily been a better alternative. Why can't all bosses drop like KK

• Like 1

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Personally I think their move on letting people use fragments on bronze arrows and bolts is a good thing. Granted they should have varied it to allow the other iron, steel, moth, etc. items get used. Their reinclusion of old content is fine especially with a game revolving around grind. Great now you need to go back to TDs and grid out a few limbs - GOOD! skills might slightly value bronze arrows and bolts and put them at a slight use -GOOD/

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

main issue i have with dragon gear is that they're turning them into weapon components overpriced for top tier consumption on top of making it something that can't be obtained by level 60 players, which defeats the whole point of there being a level 60 tier

if they love dragon so much they should just turn them all into high level weapon components that don't actually serve any purpose as gear, and make a separate level 60 gearset that's smithable by normal means

8f14270694.jpg

Dragon crossbow is not 80m. It was ~80m 1-2 hours post update. 4 hours post update and ever since it's been in the 25-35m range. Prior to the update it was trading in the 20m range. Not a dramatic increase.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

The 80 mil price tag is only temporary because people are going to be piling into tds again.

Would it surprise you that TDs aren't that piled like other mobs normally are when introduced/bung back from the dead?

I had to hop 5 worlds but that at most. Which is odd, limbs drop are more common than claws. I got 2 today for 60m total.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Let's make several bronze weapons extremely rare and hard to obtain, in order for their price to be 50m. New players will reach Lv. 10 attack quick enough that 50M price tag would be natural, right?

If the entry level player had absolutely no use or alternatives for bronze in that case and the useless bronze was now being given a use for t90 players? Yeah. That seems fine to me considering the price would not remain high and would soon lower to a far more reasonable level due to farming it. Which is exactly what we saw happen with almost every dragon item drop released ever.

It's overreacting to claim that it was the worst facet of the update, plain and simple.

As an aside, the only way to fix this mess is restructuring the entire concept of dragon items. And they can't do that yet since they're tied to lore/mh'ing/quests; unfortunately, that'd be a wasted effort when there's still a smithing rework to be released later on.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

I suspect we will see some gold posts/changes tomorrow. After all, Ancient Ceremonial was not an option when nex was first released. Getting the 40 zaros KC was utterly impractical and that mechanic was quickly changed.

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

It's possible his purpose was to get people to stop worshiping Guthix and live life normally, just instead of arguing he took a more active role.

If you use the completed journal on him he admits it's his and that he engineered the Ascended so they wouldn't need to worship gods anymore. It seems like he isn't aware of hands-off methods of dealing with others.

Edit: Just killed 4 of the 6 bosses (not Quartus or Primus) and they all seem to have the magic splat attack, so you have to keep running around and can't use channeled abilities unless you have a death wish.

Things of note: Tertius summons minions at stages throughout the fight, first 3 Rarii, then a Gladius, and then a Caprius, each summons seems to be triggered by him reaching x/4 of his hp (3/4 for Rarii, 1/2 for Gladius, 1/4 for Caprius) the Rarii do some extra damage, not enough to worry about though, the Gladius can stun you, letting you get hit by the magic splats but if you get far enough away he loses interest and wanders around doing nothing. The Caprius doesn't seem to heal Tertius, but it does give him lots of damage reduction (reduces hits down to 25-30 from 500+).

Quintus draws purple lines across the room, separating it into a smaller box and 4 rectangles by the sides each the width of a magic splat. Quintus draws 1 line at a time at each x/4 hp interval, and crossing the line seems to do the same amount of damage as being hit by a magic splat.

Sextus occasionally shouts "your next step may be your last!", this does nothing.

Secundus has no special attacks, just continuous magic splats the whole time.

The bosses do not respawn once killed, and each seems to have a drop value of 15-30k.

To add to these:

Quartus has a special attack that pulls you in next to him, probably occurring at every quarter of his HP lost. This doesn't stun you so you can run right off.

Primus shouts things like "My power grows!" and "You will not survive this!". Didn't stick around long enough to figure out what that meant.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Primus' special is that subsequent hits do increasing damage. Thus you should either bring a shield or be very comfortable with the run mechanics. (If going for a bow, maybe do Primus last, ironically enough)

EDIT: @ Squakus: I bet it is possible to use channeled abilities if you bring a shield switch and ring of vigour and then barricade, switch to offhand chaotic, adren pot, build adrenaline, and then rapid fire. I don't have any keys atm so I can't test it out. With 10s barricade you would almost certainly need ring of vigour and possibly also invigorate aura. TBH it's easy enough to momentum them...

• Like 1

I think the best way to judge an update's worth is the number of complaints, not the absence of them. There will always be complaints, thanks to differences in opinions, outlook, experience, and general stupidity.

After the armor rebalance we had a ridiculously large outpouring of people saying that the game was dead because of it. That was, admittedly, a pretty bad update.

Farming update had people saying it was worthless and that Jagex had failed us all. That level of complaint marks a good update.

And now we have people saying that this update is grindy and is pointlessly hard compared to Drygores--this level of complaint is known as the Sweet Spot, where there are so few complaints that the only ones that boil up are relatively reasonable (if not easily overlooked by many) .

There are rumors of a fourth tier of update, where no one can find anything bad to talk about, but said rumors go against our current scientific understanding of the Runescape userbase.

Actually the fourth tier happened not too long ago. There was one update, one! That was universally embraced! It's called:

Player-Owned-Ports!

• Like 8

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Primus' special is that subsequent hits do increasing damage. Thus you should either bring a shield or be very comfortable with the run mechanics. (If going for a bow, maybe do Primus last, ironically enough)

EDIT: @ Squakus: I bet it is possible to use channeled abilities if you bring a shield switch and ring of vigour and then barricade, switch to offhand chaotic, adren pot, build adrenaline, and then rapid fire. I don't have any keys atm so I can't test it out. With 10s barricade you would almost certainly need ring of vigour and possibly also invigorate aura. TBH it's easy enough to momentum them...

It's possible to do that, but easier to just avoid using channeled abilities.

The problem with momentuming the bosses is when you are running around constantly it takes a bit of time to find the boss to reclick, while with abilities you just hit a key to attack. Using auto-retaliate with momentum can bring you running back into a splatted area for a death, so that won't work either.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Let's make several bronze weapons extremely rare and hard to obtain, in order for their price to be 50m. New players will reach Lv. 10 attack quick enough that 50M price tag would be natural, right?

If the entry level player had absolutely no use or alternatives for bronze in that case and the useless bronze was now being given a use for t90 players? Yeah. That seems fine to me considering the price would not remain high and would soon lower to a far more reasonable level due to farming it. Which is exactly what we saw happen with almost every dragon item drop released ever.

It's overreacting to claim that it was the worst facet of the update, plain and simple.

As an aside, the only way to fix this mess is restructuring the entire concept of dragon items. And they can't do that yet since they're tied to lore/mh'ing/quests; unfortunately, that'd be a wasted effort when there's still a smithing rework to be released later on.

Thank. You.

Finally the light shown through. Lets also keep in mind how saturated the market already should be with bronze items. Even lending a thought to the notion the price would fluctuate a smidge is weak.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

@ Squakus: I bet it is possible to use channeled abilities if you bring a shield switch and ring of vigour and then barricade, switch to offhand chaotic, adren pot, build adrenaline, and then rapid fire.

Problem with your plan, taking off your shield kinda removes the barricade effect. ;)

^Video of all the bosses (Using fragmented bolts when they were op)

It should be uploaded in about an hour, my upload speed's broken currently for some reason. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I could have sworn taking off the shield doesn't remove barricade.... I remember switching to offhand mace during corp solos and not getting hit. But that could have just been the gano lol

Edit: Judging by current key and bow prices it is unlikely to be profitable to obtain bows at this time.

My input:

Well, it's a neat bit of GP after introduction. Last night 2.5 hours got me 9 key drops, which lead to 9.5m gp added to my bank.

As for exp: Bit disappointed there, expected higher rates given the requirements.

The shielded guys might be neat exp, but they are pretty much 'co-op only' due to having to hit them in the back.

As for drops: With key value high atm, it's not bad. That will eventually disappear. Adam plates and adam limbs / uncharged orbs / bowstrings.. meh. Even the left shield half I got is pretty lame these days.

I fail to see the thing with fragments and shards: why is one tradable and the other not?

What bothers me most: WHY NO CHARM DROPS?

And to a minor extent: Why no bones or ashes?

• Like 1
Vmser.png

My input:

Well, it's a neat bit of GP after introduction. Last night 2.5 hours got me 9 key drops, which lead to 9.5m gp added to my bank.

As for exp: Bit disappointed there, expected higher rates given the requirements.

The shielded guys might be neat exp, but they are pretty much 'co-op only' due to having to hit them in the back.

As for drops: With key value high atm, it's not bad. That will eventually disappear. Adam plates and adam limbs / uncharged orbs / bowstrings.. meh. Even the left shield half I got is pretty lame these days.

I fail to see the thing with fragments and shards: why is one tradable and the other not?

What bothers me most: WHY NO CHARM DROPS?

The shield things you can stun and run around but it's much more effort than duo'ing.

zdkz.png

They do drop remains, that's what the shards and fragments are. They are like kalphites where instead of offering a 100% pray xp drop, they give you something you can sell. It is weird that the Ascension Fragments are untradable though.

• Like 1

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

No reason why it should affect the droprate, but has anyone tried bringing the completed History of the Order book while killing the Legiones?

flere_imsaho.png

They do drop remains, that's what the shards and fragments are. They are like kalphites where instead of offering a 100% pray xp drop, they give you something you can sell. It is weird that the Ascension Fragments are untradable though.

Yea - I felt more of the 'no bones' as a way to block the bonecrusher-to-soulsplit path. Hence it being a minor concern.

The no charms thing does stink though.

• Like 1
Vmser.png

The 80 mil price tag is only temporary because people are going to be piling into tds again.

Would it surprise you that TDs aren't that piled like other mobs normally are when introduced/bung back from the dead?

I had to hop 5 worlds but that at most. Which is odd, limbs drop are more common than claws. I got 2 today for 60m total.

The only that surprised me was how you tried to argue with me by proving my point.

You went to the TDs, you had to hop 5 times to find a spot because it was crowded, and then you camped for two cross bows which sold for far less than 80mil.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Maybe it'd be an idea to combine the six Legiones into one boss fight, requiring either no signets, or the six signets combined into a repairable key similar to the Frozen Key.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

CD8WAaN.png

These flips... :twss:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]