04-Jun-2013 - Order of Ascension

Miss Lioness

Just a note, I paid 435m each for 2 mainhand bows, and you can SWAP a mainhand for offhand for 100 Shards, the limit on bows is 2 per 4 hours, so 2 mainhand 2 offhand. They degrade, as stated above, and are awesome. Slightly worse dps than drygores, but amazing for nex (Remember cruelty scrimshaw exists, helps a ton).

I acually profited a lot on the keys, and will buy the bows back in the morning.

"Ascension Pc" Chat for keys, and xbow prices. As you can swap bows for 30k, both are the same price.

The shards to swap bows have an 100 per 4 hour limit.

amazing for nex; that is, provided you ignore that thing she periodically does over her head.

Because I'm totally incapable of doing a 4 way switch and using drygores for a minute. ;)

Well, I did the stupid thing of leaving my offers for 400M in overnight. Got 'em, but they're down to 310M S now. Lol.

• Like 2

09144a99bb.png

So at the moment it's on average cheaper to get the bows yourself then buying keys and get one yourself that way.

On average you need 384 keys so if they ARE 1 million each then you need 384 for a bow, on average.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

So at the moment it's on average cheaper to get the bows yourself then buying keys and get one yourself that way.

On average you need 384 keys so if they ARE 1 million each then you need 384 for a bow, on average.

More than that factoring in getting killed by bosses and wasting keys

77yLQy8.png

Not to mention actual time required to kill the bosses even if you don't die...

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Not to mention actual time required to kill the bosses even if you don't die...

And the Dragon Crossbow you need to make a bow...

I think it's best to buy one, they're something like 310m at the moment, and you can use any offhand range weapon for the same damage as offhand bow.

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Don't you think they'll fix it, though? And when they do, I assume Asc bows will hit the roof.

Eventually, but I'm gonna be online for updates in summer, so will be able to buy some quickly if it's announced as a fix :P

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

I really like the new drop tables for the Ascended, especially the Capsarii. They were already pretty darn great (made a nice profitf rom yew logs/pure essence/battlestaff drops) but now they don't drop any more useless basic staves, drop better gold amounts (just got a 3500 gold drop), drop a silly amount of rune daggers, and also drop noted coal and dozens of blood runes at once. All of this on top of lots of crimson charms and more pure essence than before.

Overall, great profit for the effort you put in. Should help the keystones drop in price a good bit.

• Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

We all know that the price of the ASCB is tied to the value of the Keys.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

must say i'm a little dissapointed in the bosses so far. The aoe attack is a surprise at first but its easy to avoid and the only one i've found to be a threat so far was the one who summoned the minions just because of the 1 stun minion who once you use freedom and anticipate you can deal with easily.

Havn't done secondus yet, lets see if he can surprise me.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Really not looking forward to camping these things for both bows. I should just buy keys from camping glacors and QBD.

Granted the drops from ascendents are fairly good for mid to high level players. I ended up maxing out my alchemist and explorer ring high alches in a couple hours.

Edit: after looking at the prices I would more likely do an hour of QBD and buy 7-8 keys than kill these things for an hour. They have nice mechanics and a great interactive ecosystem.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I only just twigged how the names of the bosses got made:

Primus - Primary - One

Secundus - Second - Two

Tertius - Tertiary - Three

Quartus - Quarter - Four

Quintus - Quintet - Five

Sextus - Sext- older form of Hexa- - Six

Conforms to the numbers of the rings too.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Primus - Primary - One

Secundus - Second - Two

Quartus - Quarter - Four

Quintus - Quintet - Five

Whole dungeon seems to have Latin roots. Legiones are obviously similar to legion. Scutarius comes from scutum, a typical Roman shield, and the gladius was a shortsword. Not sure on the others but I'm assuming they have the same idea behind them.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Bows seem to have settled at around 320-350 each, and are fluctuating around there.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Primus - Primary - One

Secundus - Second - Two

Quartus - Quarter - Four

Quintus - Quintet - Five

Whole dungeon seems to have Latin roots. Legiones are obviously similar to legion. Scutarius comes from scutum, a typical Roman shield, and the gladius was a shortsword. Not sure on the others but I'm assuming they have the same idea behind them.

Primus to Sextus are simply First to Sixth in Latin. The higher numbers are also names for Romans with unimaginative parents with lots of older siblings. English (and other languages') names for small groups of people derive from this. Sex (six, in Latin) and ἕξ (Greek) are cognates deriving from PIE *swéḱs but I don't think sex derives from hex.

Legiones, plural of legio, which is a legion (not a legionnaire, a legion). Scutum is shield, gladius is sword (not of particular types, though the default Roman setup is shortsword and large shield). Capsarii are 'bookcase users' (capsa is a case, specifically for books) and rorarii are 'distilled'. The suffix -rius roughly means 'person related to ...' basically as the English prefix -er in shielder, sworder, booker, distiller.

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Just some confirms:

16YVseo.png

geO1DlR.png

Idk what happened with first screeny, something messed up a bit, meh.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Primus - Primary - One

Secundus - Second - Two

Quartus - Quarter - Four

Quintus - Quintet - Five

Primus to Sextus are simply First to Sixth in Latin. The higher numbers are also names for Romans with unimaginative parents with lots of older siblings. English (and other languages') names for small groups of people derive from this. Sex (six, in Latin) and ἕξ (Greek) are cognates deriving from PIE *swéḱs but I don't think sex derives from hex.

Legiones, plural of legio, which is a legion (not a legionnaire, a legion). Scutum is shield, gladius is sword (not of particular types, though the default Roman setup is shortsword and large shield). Capsarii are 'bookcase users' (capsa is a case, specifically for books) and rorarii are 'distilled'. The suffix -rius roughly means 'person related to ...' basically as the English prefix -er in shielder, sworder, booker, distiller.

off topic:hard to believe I can use some of my Latin learning from school like a decade ago.. in RS. Idk what Jagex is trying to achieve here using Latin terms for creature names... (c.f. nex gwd, ascension)

on topic: been a few days, haven't gotten anything substantial from any of the bosses yet...I can't see myself hunting for signets for the time being.. qbd/flipping for the xbows might just be simpler.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

Blame the catholics, they kept the old language alive as part of their tradition.

Eventually english is going to be a dead language, because young adults actually say LOL, gg, omg, wtf instead of what it stands for not to mention all the baby speak and verb to noun flipping.

• Like 3

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Because a dead language that nobody can speak or pronounce is cool man

I don't think you know what a dead language is. All it means is that the language is no longer evolving and producing new words. Many people still speak Latin.

• Like 3
isiildur.png

Blame the catholics, they kept the old language alive as part of their tradition.

Eventually english is going to be a dead language, because young adults actually say LOL, gg, omg, wtf instead of what it stands for not to mention all the baby speak and verb to noun flipping.

Technically, English won't be a dead language--just that hyper-condensed speech will be more commonplace in it. Acronyms/contractions are still English, one way or another.

You have to realize that English has been evolving for a crazy amount of time--the same anger you feel about those young adults has been felt by generations of people in the entirety of human civilization as languages have evolved and changed beyond what the "old guard" is used to. I imagine there was a similar outrage the first time someone started removing letters for basic contractions.

Back on topic: I am really, really pleased with the drop changes. Battlestaves seem to have almost completely replaced the normal staves for Capsarii, becoming even more common. It's a high alcher's paradise in there--I eagerly anticipate an Ascended slayer task in my future :D

Also good if you want to save up resources for skilling. So many crossbow limbs, noted bars, noted logs, noted ores/coal, and other useful raw materials have been added to the drops tables it's ridiculous.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Because a dead language that nobody can speak or pronounce is cool man

You can reconstruct pronunciation. It's actually a pretty cool field to work in. For example, PIE stress patterns can be reconstructed based on Greek and Sanskrit (their writing systems write stress/accents) and maybe Hittite as well :).

OT: Why doesn't ROW work on the keys/signets? It works on virtually every other kind of unique/rare drop.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted