11-Jun-2013 - Triskelion Treasures

Bxpprod

Does anyone have any actual pictures of the "cliff face" and cache that you get at the end of the Triskelion puzzle? I'm really interested to see it, considering how peculiar people make it sound.

EvHJmIR.png

Second

• Like 1

LgEZt.png

Been watching this thread, but it seems that nobody has tried to kill zill with blood barrage.

What happens?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

She enrages and kills you by hitting way harder and more consistently. Stev is doing some testing on it right now to see how many blood barrages it takes to enrage her and if you can do a couple, then switch to ice for one and then go back to reset the counter.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Ah I see. Thanks.

It is quite sad they have to add silly buffs like that to low tier bosses. I mean, really.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I still think Jagex has their bossing concepts off. If a boss is t7.5 why shouldn't we be able to demolish them with t8 gear and maxed stats AND a portion of Guthix power (which has apparently made us powerful enough to choose to stop the Gods from doing things if we want to). Everything that happens right now is considered after the events of TWW so why wouldn't all of those things mean we can wipe out lower level bosses with little to no difficulty.

Nex and the KK should still be a challenge due to boss mechanics (read extremely difficult and impossible to solo respectively), and they are.

In addition I see no problem with having more GWD equipment in the game, making it more affordable for people to use when they reach the levels for them. If anything, that's a good thing.

• Like 6

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I still think Jagex has their bossing concepts off. If a boss is t7.5 why shouldn't we be able to demolish them with t8 gear and maxed stats AND a portion of Guthix power (which has apparently made us powerful enough to choose to stop the Gods from doing things if we want to). Everything that happens right now is considered after the events of TWW so why wouldn't all of those things mean we can wipe out lower level bosses with little to no difficulty.

Nex and the KK should still be a challenge due to boss mechanics (read extremely difficult and impossible to solo respectively), and they are.

In addition I see no problem with having more GWD equipment in the game, making it more affordable for people to use when they reach the levels for them. If anything, that's a good thing.

So you think players with maxed combat and good gear should be able to camp a gwd boss indefinitely, afk, with no overloads, food, or prayer pots? We were essentially able to go from ~13m to 200m xp at bandos/sara without banking. Afk using runes at a small cost/hour, non afk with abilities for no cost/hour while earning around 5m/hour. What about that seemed good to you?

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Ah I see. Thanks.

It is quite sad they have to add silly buffs like that to low tier bosses. I mean, really.

why is it silly? These bosses may be low tier compared to the likes of kk and nex, but without updates they would quickly become on par with kbd or barrows. Imo, it also just "makes sense" that these bosses would also adapt to game changes. Commander Zilyana, for example, is supposed to be pretty intelligent from what I understand lore wise. She also is the commander of saradomins army. So if she gets killed thousands upon thousands of times the same exact way by the same players in the same gear using the same tactics, why shouldn't she learn a few new tricks?

People complain about bosses drops being devalued over time (qbd and royal, visage being ~1m, and while not a boss drop how about whips and dark bows being alch value?). But now we complain when Jagex updates bosses, keeping drops worth something and keeping the bosses at least slightly challenging.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

eh, I don't know

it seems to me those items just become devalued over time as their supply increases but the demand remains the same

punishing players for a naturally occurring phenomenon doesn't seem right

that being said there has to be more high level targets to feed the hungry masses

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Because we play a fantasy game where not all things made sense.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So I tried a little bit of Bandos.

Minions take longer to respawn, and grimspike no longer moves into melee range.

The slowed down spawn of minions makes Demon horn necklace and bone crusher method of keeping your prayer to full not work.

It's still very doable though.

How rare are the Triskellion pieces? I've killed over 200 jadinko males without a drop, as well as a full task of ascension units.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

How rare are the Triskellion pieces? I've killed over 200 jadinko males without a drop, as well as a full task of ascension units.

Supposedly around double the droprate of champion scrolls. So 1/2500...

And ASCB also offers full GWD protection, Nex Area isn't confirmed...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

That's half the champ scroll drop rate.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That's half the champ scroll drop rate.

Double droprate of champion scrolls would be 2 / Champion scroll or roughly 2/5000 or simpler 1/2500.

If it were half droprate it would be 1/10.000 or 1 key dropped per 2 champion scrolls.

[Note numbers mentioned are on average. One could need more then 20k kills before getting either item or under 100 kills]

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Ascension bows count as a Nex item, protection from all gwd factions, bar Zaros and bosses.

It's repaired in the same interface thing aswell. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

So I tried a little bit of Bandos.

Minions take longer to respawn, and grimspike no longer moves into melee range.

The slowed down spawn of minions makes Demon horn necklace and bone crusher method of keeping your prayer to full not work.

It's still very doable though.

The grimspike update was in the patch notes. I was barraging there right after the update and the spawns seemed slower but I thought it might have been from being in a really low population world, but I suppose they may have changed that as well.

zdkz.png

So you think players with maxed combat and good gear should be able to camp a gwd boss indefinitely, afk, with no overloads, food, or prayer pots? We were essentially able to go from ~13m to 200m xp at bandos/sara without banking. Afk using runes at a small cost/hour, non afk with abilities for no cost/hour while earning around 5m/hour. What about that seemed good to you?

Read my post. I think it's pretty clear that all of that is ok with me. Earning 5m/hr wouldn't be sustainable as more people did it. Same concept as how guthans used to be 12 mil for the set and barrows used to be good money.

• Like 1

witchynosaur.png

I think a solution to such boss difficulty issues would be going more down the instanced route that way you can do one or two things to keep bosses appropriate.

You can use instancing to forcefully block out over-stated players, so they just cannot go in.

You can use it to create state vacuum of sorts, so your levels and gear is nerfed downwards to appropriate for the boss.

You can make the monster, much like dg bosses, spawn at different strengths according to who is in the team.

I suppose it wouldn't even HAVE to use instances eg GWD boss room doors.

Option 1 of above just straight up block entry.

Option 2 of above apply the nerf within the room.

Option 3 of above just before a monster respawns check the average of those in the rooms to pick strength - so if a load of 200s rushed in on a bunch of 80s it'd jack the difficulty up on the next spawn.

Of course option 3 would only work in the context of a door like GWD where there is some form of 'cooldown' to prevent people hopping out just before spawn to weaken it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think a solution to such boss difficulty issues would be going more down the instanced route that way you can do one or two things to keep bosses appropriate.

You can use instancing to forcefully block out over-stated players, so they just cannot go in.

You can use it to create state vacuum of sorts, so your levels and gear is nerfed downwards to appropriate for the boss.

You can make the monster, much like dg bosses, spawn at different strengths according to who is in the team.

I suppose it wouldn't even HAVE to use instances eg GWD boss room doors.

Option 1 of above just straight up block entry.

Option 2 of above apply the nerf within the room.

Option 3 of above just before a monster respawns check the average of those in the rooms to pick strength - so if a load of 200s rushed in on a bunch of 80s it'd jack the difficulty up on the next spawn.

Of course option 3 would only work in the context of a door like GWD where there is some form of 'cooldown' to prevent people hopping out just before spawn to weaken it.

We do have instances hardmode bosses; but no one does them because they really are NOT worth the time spent killing them; if jagex wanted them to become more than dead content, they would vastly improve the drop table, up the drop rate from the bosses, and make them slightly more forgiving of mistakes. Eg; not dying in roughly 5 seconds if you lag/dc/derp

meamzed.png

They also missed the boat with hard modes to make t7.5 armor with superior in the front of the name (i.e. Superior bandos chestplate)

• Like 4

witchynosaur.png

([...] and while not a boss drop how about whips and dark bows being alch value?

Yeah, about that...

Since Whips and Dark bows cannot go lower than alch value, I'm thinking that increasing their drop rate would be a nice idea.

Their prices cannot go down any further, and it is very unlikely that their price will go back up to the millions again, so if we were to increase their drop rate, it would make Dark beast and Abyssal demon tasks more profitable.