11-Jun-2013 - Triskelion Treasures

Bxpprod

I was a day off 99 Cons... I put off doing today's Warbands just after the reset (like I would usually) because I wanted to sleep...

Dunno if it'll be dead content or not now.

Still... RIP everything it seems. Blood Spells, Warbands, Soul Split, Maging Bandos and Sara... Wow... Just wow.

Tbh all those things were op and needed a nerf anyway

Ya know - I dunno ...

Sometimes I wonder if these initial set ups which are over-powered and the subsequential nerfs aren’t deliberate. It seems to me that they happen with all too much frequency to be accidental or a result of incompetence. Ya know? :huh:

Perhaps, they do this as a means of introducing certain content with the hope that they can make it so appealing (“the bait”) that they hope to get people hooked on it and, after they nerf it, people will continue to play it because they’re addicted to the content? :unsure:

Then again maybe I’m giving Jagex too much credit? :lol:

nyuseg.png

I won't go to much into warband, but for those of you thinking it will be crazy as people run to a camp...

WBPK Syndicate kinda fixed that. Of course I can't comment much as only 1 warband has happened but the Syndicate has worked out a system. I'll be participating to see how well it goes as I did achieve a successful one without PKer threat.

Back to E3.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I would be ok with warbands being changed if they did 2 things.

1. Make the supplies stackable so that you can afford to bring food/potions to let to fight off pkers more efficiently, letting you risk better gear.

2. Cut the spawn times to a warband starts on each server at exactly the same time every 3 hours so that people can get at least 2 warbands in a day consistently. You can still only loot 3 camps total, and it would encourage smaller friends chats on multiple worlds to form to decrease pker risk. PKers would also have more to do, with bands to raid every 3 hours instead of once a day at the current once per 7.

I would also personally double the gp/supply to 8 k so that you can get 600 k total gp per day. 300 k is not nearly enough to tempt me away from taking the exp.

• Like 4

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You can still barrage graar which is the biggest factor, it's just not quite as comfortable as it was before. My money is also on being able to ice barrage zil in seasingers and soul split alone for health (which would finally give a use to a PoP armor set outside of KK and Nex tanking).

Not to mention barraging slayer tasks is still going to be the fastest exp for slayer in game.

I think the price of blood runes will be fine.

• Like 1

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Blood barrage is no longer the best option for Gargs or Mutated Jadinkos.

Abby Demons and nechs are still better with barrage

those are the obvious ones I've seen so far, I may come back to update this

Sugar_Nana.png

I was a day off 99 Cons... I put off doing today's Warbands just after the reset (like I would usually) because I wanted to sleep...

Dunno if it'll be dead content or not now.

Still... RIP everything it seems. Blood Spells, Warbands, Soul Split, Maging Bandos and Sara... Wow... Just wow.

Tbh all those things were op and needed a nerf anyway

Ya know - I dunno ...

Sometimes I wonder if these initial set ups which are over-powered and the subsequential nerfs aren’t deliberate. It seems to me that they happen with all too much frequency to be accidental or a result of incompetence. Ya know? :huh:

Perhaps, they do this as a means of introducing certain content with the hope that they can make it so appealing (“the bait”) that they hope to get people hooked on it and, after they nerf it, people will continue to play it because they’re addicted to the content? :unsure:

Then again maybe I’m giving Jagex too much credit? :lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but I seriously doubt Jagex would plan something like that. All these nerfs aren't intentional. They are just a result of bad planning. And then Jagex is still much better at planning than many of the people I know IRL, including my teachers at university...:/

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Why was it that Jagex said that there weren't going to be any changes to warbands any time soon, last month?

As far as I can tell, "soon" isn't under a month in game development terms.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I guess that if they had publicly said "We are going to nerf Warbands", it would have been similar to saying "We are going to nerf Warbands, so you better all rush to do your daily warbands before we nerf them!"

In other words, if they wanted to nerf them, it's most likely because they felt players were abusing the system in order to obtain better rewards than what was first intended; Warning the players beforehand would probably just make it worse.

On a different note, do we have a list of known activities that yield Triskelion parts?

I guess that if they had publicly said "We are going to nerf Warbands", it would have been similar to saying "We are going to nerf Warbands, so you better all rush to do your daily warbands before we nerf them!"

In other words, if they wanted to nerf them, it's most likely because they felt players were abusing the system in order to obtain better rewards than what was first intended; Warning the players beforehand would probably just make it worse.

On a different note, do we have a list of known activities that yield Triskelion parts?

Not a complete list, but in the newspost there were quite a few things listed that could give parts:

Killing most monsters which require level 80+ Slayer.

Killing monsters which use the rare drop table.

Smithing mithril to adamant ceremonial swords in the Artisans' Workshop, with a score of at least 80%.

Harvesting a wishing well fruit.

Pickpocketing elves and dwarf traders.

Chopping elder evil trees.

Hunting kingly implings.

I would say that probably there are more ways to get parts.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Why was it that Jagex said that there weren't going to be any changes to warbands any time soon, last month?

As far as I can tell, "soon" isn't under a month in game development terms.

Balancing content (adjusting values and imposing limits) takes far less time to develop than creating it in the first place, but you've still got a point. Might have been a mis-communication, hasn't been the first time it's happened.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Patch notes

Graphical:

Auras which make your eyes glow now correctly show through grim reaper hood on Females.

>Fix a VERY specific issue with cosmetic auras for females

>Leave Master/Supreme Corruption/Salvation/Harmony eyes bugged for males (since new character models introduced with EoC beta)

[bleep] you, J. Only reason I even read the patch notes -.-

2dgucz6.png

Surprised no one has complained about not being able to use spells from a boosted magic level any more...

witchynosaur.png

Patch notes

Graphical:

Auras which make your eyes glow now correctly show through grim reaper hood on Females.

>Leave Master/Supreme Corruption/Salvation/Harmony eyes bugged for males (since new character models introduced with EoC beta)

Did anyone bother reporting the glitch through the bug report form?

What if everyone just figured that someone else would have reported it already and thus decided not to bother? You never know...

Unless you personally reported it yourself, in which case it's pretty weird indeed.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any actual pictures of the "cliff face" and cache that you get at the end of the Triskelion puzzle? I'm really interested to see it, considering how peculiar people make it sound.

• Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Patch notes

Graphical:

Did anyone bother reporting the glitch through the bug report form?

What if everyone just figured that someone else would have reported it already and thus decided not to bother? You never know...

Unless you personally reported it yourself, in which case it's pretty weird indeed.

Yes, of course. 3 times + [bleep]ing on RSOF (+ mild [bleep]ing on TIF lol). I'm actually not sure if Harmony/Master variations are affected, but I know that Supreme Corruption/Salvation are misaligned and miscolored - which makes me just not even wanna wear mine. :-|

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

For some fun, I decided to look into just how useful the dragonstone armour would be for F2P. Also to put to rest the arguing.

Just some background - according to various sources, class specific gear has a multiplier on its armour stats of 1 to the class it's strong to, 0.625 to its own class and 0.3125 to the class it is weak to. In other words, if a melee piece of armour had an armour value of 100, it would defend with a value of 100 against ranged, 63 against melee and 31 against mage. Additionally, the only pieces or gear that give a negative attack bonus are body and legs (and shields but I'm not considering those). In other words, you can wear blue d'hide legs and body, while wearing rune helm and gauntlets and not have any negative range attack bonus. Anyway, on to the analysis

This table outlines the main combinations of armour possible that don't inflict a negative attack effect for the style in the first column. The first column indicates the armour type worn for the legs and body while the second gives the armour type for the helm, boots and gauntlets. The third indicates the life points. The fourth through to sixth give the defensive values against the respective listed attack style. The seventh through to ninth add up a combination of styles (I guess you could call it 'active defence points against multiple styles' or something like that) while the final column adds the total defence against all styles

Table.png

As one can see, in situations where one is fighting only a single attack style (i.e. mage vs range, melee vs mage etc) the only time where dragonstone would impart a significantly greater defence value is where one is fighting against their weakness, ie range vs melee, mage vs range, melee vs mage. Even then, only the body and legs would be of any use and this would have just over a 20% smaller lifepoint boost.

When it comes to fighting two styles there are three combinations, Style vs Same style + Style you are strong against (eg range vs range+mage), Style vs same + weak (range vs range+melee) and style vs weak + strong (eg range vs melee+mage). For the first case, style vs same+strong, simply wearing all style specific gear gives the most 'active defence points'. For the second case (same + weak against) it appears that wearing hybrid legs and body + the helm, boots and gloves of the style you are weak against gives the best defence, however, this comes with that 20% lower lifepoint boost. Finally, the final case, where you are fighting against both the style you are weak and strong against, wearing you own style body and legs + the helm, boots and gloves of style you are strong against is the best option.

Finally, when it comes to being attacked by all three styles it doesn't really matter what you wear, they all have similar total values. The kicker comes when one realises that the hybrid armour give a much smaller lifepoint boost, but allows you to attack with alternate styles (at least when wearing the body and the legs). Whether or not that is worth it, I'm not sure.

Overall, I would say that the helm and gloves are almost entirely worthless. The boots may be okay seeing as there are no tier 50 range and melee boots. The body and legs may be worth it, but only in a few very specific situations, most of which come up so rarely in F2P that it is hardly worth bothering, however if you think it's worth it for these specific occasions, go ahead.

EDIT: Fixed table

• Like 1

resizeofuntitledff4.png

Free to Player fo' life!

99/99 skateboarding :p

why dont you use this awesome thing i like to call common sense. Its done wonders for me, ive never been hacked, scammed or anything like that.

Table.png

rLeBwUd.png

Used a different image host for you :P

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

So... no more charms from chest? Opened 10 chest for testing purposes, no charms.

• Like 1
S11m.gif
Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...