Behind the Scenes: July

Kind of laughing at how we have to make our own armour, but I am completely fine with it as well. The whole killing the boss and hitting the "jackpot" effect of getting a whole piece of armour has been an old and outdated concept in my eyes. I'm also feeling that way with the one hit KO thing they got going.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Personally I never mind light months. With so much content in game anyway, most I myself have never even tried. If it's not the best xp/hour or the best money maker, it usually just becomes dead content and jagex is flamed for it. I have enough to work on as it is lol. I always prefer few very good updates as opposed to 3-4 monthly ones that are either completed in minutes or just shit because they developed it for a week.

Hopefully after the eoc fiasco, they are scaling back the 3-4 weekly updates to focus more on rs3 so it's not a repeat.

And as a disclaimer, I fully realize many players do like 3-4 updates a month. The above is all my opinion.

-------

No new info on the boss, was hoping for a bit more info. Well the news that it will be crafted similar to pop gear is new. The mention of several stages tells me that it probably requires mage range and melee to kill it.

hehe I'm mixed on both. Looking forward to bacon quest.

but yea 3-4 small updates = log in see what update is fun for a few hours and spend rest of the time on other games/ real life or big updates liek a skill = hardcoring on rs.

But even big quest get completed quite quick lol..

StarViv.png

Hate to shit on before it's even out but if Vorago has more BS instakill attacks I doubt I'll be trying it any time soon. You know, I wish just once that my T85 armor which took months of consistent input and high skills to obtain actually protected me from something.

• Like 4

2dgucz6.png

It protects you from nex :)

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Hate to shit on before it's even out but if Vorago has more BS instakill attacks I doubt I'll be trying it any time soon. You know, I wish just once that my T85 armor which took months of consistent input and high skills to obtain actually protected me from something.

Wait, you want your armor to protect you from something? Everyone knows that the only point of armor is to make you hit harder.

• Like 7

Exactly, Runescape is not your average run-of-the-mill WoW clone (or WoW itself), armor is a bad thing to have in RS

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Wait, you want your armor to protect you from something? Everyone knows that the only point of armor is to make you hit harder.

This made me laugh in real life. You really got to love the logic of this game's armour system indeed. Why would some sturdy plates of metal protect you when it can instead somehow magically make you hit harder, like Torva?

However, tetsu actually do protect you rather well. Just not against the most recent bosses. Bosses are also meant to be a challenge you know. If you want to try out your armour and see it protect you from monsters you should stick to slayer tasks or just 'normal' monsters.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

"hella" Very British.

And again magic weaponry & armour will be the most expensive :D & :(

Inb4 virtus weapons crash to 20m (x2).

But that will not happen, because there are more soul split, aura of penance/vamp, asc & royal xbow/bolt, immortality/barricade nerfs upcoming a few weeks after Vorago.

ofcourse...

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Bosses are also meant to be a challenge you know.

Runescape is based on gear and skill acquisition. A 1hko that ignores all you've worked for is not challenging.

However, tetsu actually do protect you rather well.

Tetsu doesn't protect you any more than any other armor. All it does is let you dodge more hits. When you get hit you still receive the full force of that attack. It's ironic, because while Defence is supposed to be the counter to Attack and Strength, it only actually counters Attack.

Edited by Battosai
  • Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

There is no counter to strength. This is part of why increased strength is just better than other values, because strength creates the bigger impact into damage.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Wait, what? I thought armour was just there to let you look good! :huh:

:lol:

• Like 3

nyuseg.png

Wait, what? I thought armour was just there to let you look good! :huh:

:lol:

It is for girls 8-)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

There is no counter to strength. This is part of why increased strength is just better than other values, because strength creates the bigger impact into damage.

Constitution counters Strength.

But yes, it's lame that armour has no damage reduction. I reference this:

7) DW weapons (and autoattacks) 3 tick abilities, 1h 4 tick, 2h 5 tick. Normalize damage accordingly. Remove weapon speed as variable (since it depends on type only), but keep the possibility to be slower or faster than the norm through 'traits'. Remove separate off-hand attacks for dual wield (srs not like off-hand is going to do less damage if you are strong enough to properly use the weapon - fencing manuals even state that mastery of the weapon in both hands is required to learn dw properly). Naturally, ability rotations in this system (in case of cb option b, see below) are easier for 2h due to fewer abilities needed, so add some more low-cd dw and more slower 2h.

[...]

14) Introduce soak - not as it was pre-EoC, but the reverse - soak a % damage below (for example) 50 + defence level, depending on equipment, add more soak to shields. Effect: strong slow 2h weapons deal more damage to shields (easier to overcome soak), dual wield weapons deal more dps to low-soak enemies like 2h users, shields can tank dual wield more easily. Important: roll out shield, 2h and dw classifications to all monsters - let all monsters use abilities. Zilyana has a shield dammit!

Anyway Vorago better not have a cheating attack like the KK. I'm fine with an occasional hit of 10k, provided it's affected by protect prayers, Reflect, Barricade and spirit shields as normal.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

But yes, it's lame that armour has no damage reduction. I reference this:

7) DW weapons (and autoattacks) 3 tick abilities, 1h 4 tick, 2h 5 tick. Normalize damage accordingly. Remove weapon speed as variable (since it depends on type only), but keep the possibility to be slower or faster than the norm through 'traits'. Remove separate off-hand attacks for dual wield (srs not like off-hand is going to do less damage if you are strong enough to properly use the weapon - fencing manuals even state that mastery of the weapon in both hands is required to learn dw properly). Naturally, ability rotations in this system (in case of cb option b, see below) are easier for 2h due to fewer abilities needed, so add some more low-cd dw and more slower 2h.

[...]

14) Introduce soak - not as it was pre-EoC, but the reverse - soak a % damage below (for example) 50 + defence level, depending on equipment, add more soak to shields. Effect: strong slow 2h weapons deal more damage to shields (easier to overcome soak), dual wield weapons deal more dps to low-soak enemies like 2h users, shields can tank dual wield more easily. Important: roll out shield, 2h and dw classifications to all monsters - let all monsters use abilities. Zilyana has a shield dammit!

Brilliant idea, but sadly, since it does not primarily benefit dps classes I can't see it being implemented.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

After mod chris l posted on rsof saying "For the people mentioning about "gg Virtus/SS" I would suspend judgement until you've seen the update", current speculation is that you will add the new t90 material to virtus/seasinger to make it t90.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

After mod chris l posted on rsof saying "For the people mentioning about "gg Virtus/SS" I would suspend judgement until you've seen the update", current speculation is that you will add the new t90 material to virtus/seasinger to make it t90.

I'd interpret that as a more "it's going to be hella-rare drops". Be it due simply to drop rates, or effective drop rates due to an incredibly difficult boss.

Perhaps the high runecrafting level requirement is unassistable, and "binds" the now untradeable armour to you?

LgEZt.png

Yea my original thought process was that the material is tradable but once you rc it, the gear is then untradeable. But I also can quite easily see the add it to virtus scenario due to jagex past updates to nex gear.

I'll lmfao irl if he was saying that because the new gear is going to be hybrid.

• Like 1
I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Just reread the part about new Slayer masks. You know I'd have no problem - welcome them, even, despite having just used all my saved spins - if we had the updated monsters the FIRST batch was supposedly based off! Seriously, I know there are quite a few examples of misappropriated resources, but they shouldn't have released the masks without updating the monsters first - let alone a second batch before even addressing the first!

I'm hoping against hope that RS3 rolls out a huge number of unannounced graphical updates, including all of these...

2dgucz6.png

Dear God. If he does that... Ports will be shafted into non-existence AND Nex gear will not be at a semi-decent buyable price (at least for Virt and Pernix) for a LONG LONG LONG time.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Dear God. If he does that... Ports will be shafted into non-existence AND Nex gear will not be at a semi-decent buyable price (at least for Virt and Pernix) for a LONG LONG LONG time.

Yeah, that would almost completely ruin end-game combat.

Reusing old pieces of armor actually sounds like a good idea to me, keeps the old bosses profitable, the thing that worries me is that nex armor could even rise from that, not making much sense

• Like 1
_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Reusing old pieces of armor actually sounds like a good idea to me, keeps the old bosses profitable, the thing that worries me is that nex armor could even rise from that, not making much sense

Keeping old bosses profitable is a useless thing to do. No benefit, tons of harm.

• Like 1

Keeping old bosses profitable is a useless thing to do. No benefit, tons of harm.

TBH the amount of dead content and bad decisions they make these days makes me think more and more they may do this.

Nex armour is already rising because of what Chris L said. The speculation has already caused a 5-6m rise on most pieces within the past 12 or so hours. In fact, at 1pm BST I was buying and selling Virtus:

Mask = 23.4; Body = 31.3; Legs = 30.4

Are the prices I bought them for. They're now Mask =27-28; Body = 37-38; Legs = 36-37. (Nex and SS FC values).

And the not making much sense is answered by the fact that Nex is Mod Chris L's baby. The whole fiasco of Jagex going back on their word in some ways about PoP armour going to be the best gear, only to get shafted by Nex gear shows as much. And rumours already abound of a Nex instance, hardmode, scaling per-person, and armour buff. Truly they're not done flogging the horse, and the more I think on it, the more I do wonder what Chris L has done.

Either Tectonic is going to be T90 Defence armour, shafting ports into near uselessness and non-existence, cept for fashionscape. Or it'll be T90 Offensive, which will take the shine off Virtus, but he'll find some way for it to be incorporated or otherwise.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I don't care what they do with it as long as it isn't an upgrade of anything. Maybe Vorago can drop cosmetic upgrade kits, like the QBD did. Sure. More gp/hour from Vorago, more from Nex, more stuff to fashionscape in, nothing broken that much. I won't be that happy about it, but I won't want to punch my computer.

What could work is if Vorago dropped say, 1 time use 10 hr upgrades for virtus.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting