22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

So let me get this straight, Bree is both in BoL and GWD? So Saradomin is now into cloning?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Yeah, the whole battle is so bland. White knights versus black knights, with the odd demon and centaur thrown in. We have a lot of awesome characters ingame who could have been put into the battle, vampyres, mahjarrats, battleworn priests, mad wizards, yet all we see is a red/black against white fight.

Because Zamorak apparently now controls the monsters of Daemonheim according to the Jmods, he has a slightly more varied arsenal than just demons. We just haven't got to see many of them yet :P

So technically he has Demons, Behemoths, Stalkers, Hellhounds, Gulega, Rammernauts, Elemental-fiends, and potentially even Exiled Gorajo under his command.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Why dont zamorak just take control of Soulgazers and unleash them on RS? pretty sure that would knock out a very large % of the player base.

• Like 5

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Just as a heads up: These are the two new Elite Reinforcements that can be chosen as one of the options in this week's vote.

Saradominist Prideleader (We saw concept art of this previously! I knew it was World Event related! :P)

saradominist_prideleader-27091250.gif

Zamorakian Butcher Demon

zamorakian_butcher_demon-27091255.gif

Both have a chance for an AoE Stun attack.

So....we voted against siege units last time and then got them as pets....if we vote against the super awsome cyber, mystic tiger will he then become a pet this time....

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Now we just need to train the Druids in proper warding. Damn this is a never ending cycle.

It seems more like we need to invest in prescription glasses for them, I know the desert is a wasteland similar to the battlefield one, but if they can't spot the laser light show and the glowing green vortex flanked by gods, there must be something wrong with their eyes. I mean, that sort of thing shouldn't be hard to miss.

Perhaps we got discount druids?

Or perhaps we got clerical error that the druids though the threat of the gods are coming from the desert gods like Amascut, that goddess means business.

Or.... it could even be conspiracy from druids part, let the fighting spill out onto the lumbridge while feigning warding against different god threat, and let Gielinor kill each other and the druids can rebuild the world again...

Am I crazy yet?

haha

clerical error

druids

anyway, I second the introduction of soulgazers, because we already have bigass demons popping up everywhere

(proper vampires would be CHEEEEATING since you need special equipment to fight them)

8f14270694.jpg

Why does zammy get nothing buy remakes of lesser and greater models. It would have been nice if they followed the theme and went with a suped up hell hound to face off against the mech tiger. Instead of just another demon with a weird sword.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Why does zammy get nothing buy remakes of lesser and greater models. It would have been nice if they followed the theme and went with a suped up hell hound to face off against the mech tiger. Instead of just another demon with a weird sword.

Seconded. I love the new (GWD) hellhound graphics.

Honestly why did they need to have a vote over special units anyway? All 3 - champions, sieges, and heroes elites - should have just been released on different weeks. Although I believe I heard everything will be on the battlefield by the last week.

2n6yj69.png

Tier 3 emote

Also gaze auras were added to Customization Interface, so they stack with Supreme Corruption, somewhat fixing the eyes.

2dgucz6.png

Why dont zamorak just take control of Soulgazers and unleash them on RS? pretty sure that would knock out a very large % of the player base.

Or blink, without those pillars to stun him, he'd just one hit everyone with his magic dust.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I think some people have just wept at the fact that cost of the capes went up by 500.

Not many people will see why it's such a big deal, it is for those who happen to have just the right amount of Renown stocked, and have a stack of tears in their inventory, now they are short, and cannot deposit any tears into the pool, since it deposits all your tears. I myself have lost 3800 tears because of that, though the f2p'ers have it much worse.

Which leads me to believe that jagex purposefully increased the cost just to combat against the guys who stocked tears... 500 increase seems extremely pointless.

tim_chenw2.png

That's exactly what happened to me as well, and with over 9k tears in my inventory I posted some choice words on the RSOF stating my displeasure at this pointless change. In the end I decided to sacrifice the cape rather than the week worth of tears I'd saved up.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I don't fully understand what's happened, but it seems like a waste of time on their part meant only to annoy people. They should have known that if they have two factions with different armours/emotes, then many people will want to grab both sets/emotes, and thus will plan to switch sides/stock up. This is normal and harmless. Why [bleep] with them for no reason?

Either that, or it was unintended, in which case it should be fixed. I wasn't personally affected by this, but I imagine others are.

The world event is nothing more than a pain in the ass.

To get the rewards, you'll have to grind every day hours and hours, not only for tears, but also for metal fragments and randomly given titles. They've been messing with the price of rewards twice, tier 3 emote went from 9k to 20k, which is 16-20 hours work EXTRA for one emote, and now the 500 increase on a cape.

This "awesome" event where "we" get to decide what happens is reduced to a hate against the community because most of the community doesn't care about the content and ruins it for everyone (I'm looking at you, Duke Horacio and your empty treasure chest).

We can't say this is an epic battle, it's just the SAME thing for ten weeks, most of us expected the battle to progress in a way, but it's just static. The only thing that changes are some new units, nothing more.

Really, does anyone like this event and looks forward to the next grindfests the following events will be probably?

• Like 5

I agree completely. I am in for the rewards, and simply that. And not even all of them. I have debated at various times not doing it at all (many people I know haven't touched it). It's funny that even supposedly 'monumental' events and supposedly fun minigames which are supposed to be joyful distractions are grindsome like skills.

To be honest, it's really just a poor excuse for what should have been another big quest over the summer to follow TWW. It plays off the whole "It's the Sixth Age" theme without actually doing much. A bunch of enticing cosmetic rewards, and one of the factions get a temple or something? Not exactly earthshaking. It doesn't even have particularly cool monsters or boss monsters, it's just a bunch of pesky but easily killed monsters that you grind at. I do hope we get a new sequel soon, I would much rather see them go into that direction than spend effort on these sorts of things. I feel like it will be years before we will get another ROTM or WGS level quest. TWW was fantastic but far too short. There's apparently another world event planned this year, is that true?

Hopefully future world events are more limited in time span and/or involve shorter tasks, like a 20 minute deed that you can perform maybe 3 times per day/week at the most. Would still allow players to contribute to how a battle between the gods turns out, but avoids making it extremely grindy.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.