22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

Hopefully future world events are more limited in time span and/or involve shorter tasks, like a 20 minute deed that you can perform maybe 3 times per day/week at the most. Would still allow players to contribute to how a battle between the gods turns out, but avoids making it extremely grindy.

Despite this event's faults, at least it was in the summer where people theoretically have time. In November with school and no holidays, I can't imagine people being able to spend that sort of time (that was required for this event) as a sustained effort for 10 weeks. Particularly a few hours a day. So I agree with you there.

Tribute to Guthix was generous in its experience and they can't do that all the time. But a nice fun event like that seems the way to go. A few hours a day is a bit much. Even the Gelinor Games were done extremely well. Lots of experience (perhaps too much), and a decent time commitment (not too much) for cosmetic rewards and what not. I think they should use those events as models for future events of this sort.

• Like 1

Can someone please explain to me the problem with the cape going up 500 and causing an issue with tears in inventory because I really dont understand, i just put my tears in the pool each day.

Ive been enjoying using the BOL as a training method every day as fishing and agility are 2 of my last skills left to 99 in. I get around 40k an hour fishing xp an hour and getting the 2500 required for a huge lamp to spend on agility takes just over 2 hours. I leave it fishing afk while i write my dissertation and its a lovely free afk 63k agility xp a day that i have highly appreciated.. Sure 40k xp /hr fish and 25-30k xp/hr agility isnt the most efficient way but its so AFK its great for me. I cashed in a good 15k tokens this morning for 6 lamps.

So yes, im very confused as to what the problem is.

People collected tears and cashed in just enough of them to have enough renown to buy all the tier 3 items/emotes of one team at anticipated prices. They then continued to collect tears but keep them in their inventory, so that after buying the items/emotes, they could switch to the other side and instantly dump their tears to make headway into that team's tier 3 rewards.

Extra 500 cost on cape threw a wrench into their calculations.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

If they didn't want people to switch sides to get both rewards, then they should just have made it impossible instead of making little changes aimed at annoying the player base.

Particularly well after the fact several weeks into it, when many people had already spent hours gathering tears in anticipation of switching.

Extra 500 cost on cape threw a wrench into their calculations.

More like throwing a wrench into their heads, you cannot control how many tears you dump, therefore if one needs to get more renown, they have absolutely no choice but to dump everything they have into the pool, which means a lot of that tear that is meant for the otherside is saying Sayonara!

I think i am lucky in that I lost only 3800 tears, so I just bought 3 extra large lamps for the road.

If it is any consolation, the higher level tier emotes and titles do not need the lower levels to be purchased, the t3 emote looks a lot better than t1 or t2 for sure.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I don't see the problem with the 500 increase, and I'm getting all rewards. I just switched teams every time a new tier of rewards was released and that didn't affect my calcs.

Started out as sara, got all tier 1, went zam and got all tier 1, hoarded tears and bought all tier 2 when they came out, swapped to sara, got all tier 2 and hoarded for tier 3, and now I'm like ~6k tears away from the final sara reward (emote for me), then swap back to zam for all tier 3 rewards.

The cape increase didn't affect me.

But I guess it did for people who stayed at one side from the beginning, had enough renown for all rewards and then hoarded tears for when they swapped sides when tier 3 was released. But still... I just changed sides when new tiers were released to avoid stuff like this from happening lol

EDIT: Then again, I think it would be wise to skip the cape, buy two lamps. Swap sides, get all rewards from the other side then go back to the original side to buy the cape, I think we have enough time for that (I've been getting 2,5k tears/day so in my case I'll manage to squeeze a few lamps after buying all rewards)

But this really depends on how many tears people had in their inv when they swapped sides

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Yeah, but it's harder for free players and anyone who doesn't have 3+ hours a day to play so more planning ahead is required and the last minute change messed that all up.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I've been getting 2,5k tears a day in under hour and a half for quite some time now.

But I can see the problem on F2P with their limited cap.

Also, last time I checked F2P can't buy all rewards from both sides due to the cap they got (1320 a day x 70 days is only 92,4k tears)

I don't know if the 500 increase can affect them enough to not be able to get one extra item though

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

No we can't get everything, and overall it won't really affect people's ability to get the cape. It can really mess things up for people who had already deposited what they thought were enough tears for the helm and cape and were saving the others for switching (I had over a weeks worth saved up).

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

i think the major sticking point is the excessively priced emote

without that, everything else would actually make sense

there's really no point in having things like lamps if they're going to make it a choice between that and the cosmetic rewards

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Personally I avoid any and all XP rewards, especially if the event is time limited.

Items may not be useful, Emotes may do nothing in the long run, but I choose them because I know summoning XP isn't going anywhere anytime soon, if I am going to spend the time to do it, may as well do it in something I can show off later.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Honestly I am dreading spending the last week buying the helm and cape. I want the set for if I ever go f2p for a while (highly unlikely).

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I have a feeling that the armor isn't going to be discontinued.

If you lose warpriest now, you can get it back for renown/tears.. If they remove BOL then they have to somehow keep tears in the game, as well as the shops where you buy warpriest from..

Afterall, it'll be pretty darn stupid to put in a t75 hybrid gear, only available for a few weeks, and once the event is done you can't get it...

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I have a feeling that the armor isn't going to be discontinued.

If you lose warpriest now, you can get it back for renown/tears.. If they remove BOL then they have to somehow keep tears in the game, as well as the shops where you buy warpriest from..

Afterall, it'll be pretty darn stupid to put in a t75 hybrid gear, only available for a few weeks, and once the event is done you can't get it...

They have said a few times that warpriest won't be retired. They plan to make it available but aren't sure (or weren't sure at the time) how they were going to do it. They did say that the method they chose would be harder than obtaining it from BOL.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

And be members only. :P

And you still can't get replacements for keepsaked armour pieces >.>. Plus the helmet and cape are ridiculously overpriced, as are the emotes (but we knew that of course).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted