11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I assume 200k Chimes is the max you are allowed, or was the 200k chimes a deliberate act on Unknown's part?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I have been missing 2 plates from superior tetsu plate and legs for the last 9 days. FML, on the bright side, I am close to finishing most of my bulding upgrades.

purekilljoy.png

I ask again, if I use my captain with "Opportunist", is there a chance of getting trade goods even with failure?

NO

I don't even have one piece of superior armor. I hate all of you.

so far i only got 3, tetsu helm, legs and sea singer hood.. but more in the way

200k chimes is not the maxed. I have had over 200k Chimes before.

same i got over 200k chimes

probably there is no limit, save them for future updates?!

Weird. So my strategy for Ports is that the last few missions of a day, I always open after reset. This always ensures that I start my next day with a Random. Today, no Random to start off, and I have done several more missions since. Still no Random. Is it possible they have changed rates? Possibly to make the totem that boosts chance of Randoms to be more meaningful?

Weird. So my strategy for Ports is that the last few missions of a day, I always open after reset. This always ensures that I start my next day with a Random. Today, no Random to start off, and I have done several more missions since. Still no Random. Is it possible they have changed rates? Possibly to make the totem that boosts chance of Randoms to be more meaningful?

No. They are just...random.

If you were getting them every single time on first round of boats for the day for all these weeks you were just lucky.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No. They are just...random.

If you were getting them every single time on first round of boats for the day for all these weeks you were just lucky.

That's true. Though, I have used my strategy, without fail, for weeks now.

Way too small a dataset to even begin to wonder about a change. We see relatively rare occurrences in life every day and don't even notice them as they aren't significant in some way. If we assume the likelyhood of a random event being 1/3 for pincer voyages(no idea if that even matters) and that you manage 12 voyages a day, you'll not get a random every 129th day, however, considering 4 voyages, it's every 5 days.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yes, the point about statistically small dataset is absolutely true. I suppose I was being a bit too hasty. After a few more missions, I finally got my Random. I have slowly restocked up on all my Random event boosts (I had used all the Morale/SF/Combat ones on the Trio voyage for 50 Plate/Lacquer); all I need now is 1 more for Morale. I have also done 41 storyline voyages, and have 3 FOTS. So if the stars allign, I could have all the Port armours this week.

200k chimes is the max. You can get more than this during the day, but either logout or daily reset (not sure which) puts it back to 200k. I have been in this situation for over two weeks now...

i got over 200k chimes, once i go home i will upload a screenshot specially for you!

200k chimes is the max. You can get more than this during the day, but either logout or daily reset (not sure which) puts it back to 200k. I have been in this situation for over two weeks now...

i got over 200k chimes, once i go home i will upload a screenshot specially for you!

You can have over 200k chimes, but they'll reset, I had ~206k once, and they went back to 200,000 automatically when I either logged out or the daily reset occured. Unless they changed it of course

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Wow, did you even read?

You can get MORE THAN 200k DURING THE DAY, but it will reset back to 200k. I can confirm for you now that the reset back to 200k chimes is at the usual daily reset time (that is, midnight GMT). Logout does not send it back, only the daily reset does.

Shambling lair at 62% failed, but I rerolled another. Only boost used was a bag of wind to slice off 2 hours.

shamblinglaircompleted.png

Pincers really feels like the bowl. The upgrades barely add anything and the standard missions (at least at the beginning) are about the same difficulty as in the bowl. The only difference is in the amount of trade goods, and the high reqs of adventurer missions.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

That's partly the reason why I never actually bothered with Jade ship upgrades, stupid? Probably, but by the time I was done with all the other more meaningful upgrades in port, I was done with bowl, so it worked out for me (which also gave me a better reason to upgrade to steel parts lol)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Can someone tell me what is the maximum port score?

I'm currently on 2056.

I have 43 more scrolls to find, currently on 37.

Done all 42 storylines.

Done all 53 ship upgrades.

Done 24 port upgrade, i believe there should only be three more port upgrades left for me?

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Max score should be 2205, but you can check it on rs wiki page.

As for bowl ship upgrades... i ended the bowl with 18k leftover jade and that's almost enough for all the port upgrades that i still need(but haven't still gotten due to low level resources). I just don't think it's worth ´wasting time´ going back instead of maxing your ship and gathering the resources needed then.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Can someone tell me what is the maximum port score?I'm currently on 2056.I have 43 more scrolls to find, currently on 37.Done all 42 storylines.Done all 53 ship upgrades.Done 24 port upgrade, i believe there should only be three more port upgrades left for me?

EDIT: nvm, someone already answered.

Yeah, I guess my lucky streak of starting with Random has ended completely. Anyways, I just got all the boosts to 3, and an adventurer reroll today. I am now just waiting for my ships and then hopefully if I get the last trio I can send it at 80+%.

Almost got all the totem resources for reverting the 3/4 totems into jade statues. After that I go back to saving 20k steel for the warehouse and... Something else. I can't remember.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Upgraded workshop propably ? New statues work very well, got 2 telescopes and 2 jade statuetes right now. At least bonuses can be felt while rolling voyages and getting more than one special per day. Sad is they took long enough to send mainly 1 set of those per day.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

Yeah it was the workshop I needed. I also forgot to accommodate for the 5k cherrywood for when I need to upgrade that part. Guess when I hit 9k jade I go back to getting 5k more cherry wood THEN 20k steel.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png