11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Continuing on that note, I discovered over the weekend that max port score is not 2400, but 2205. For some reason I thought it was 2400 - was that stated in a news post or something?

I was adding up all the points I had left to get and not coming close to 2.4k, so I figured something was up.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

EDIT: Or double stat missions with maxed crew + scroll mission. Those you might break the 10k mark on.

Anything you don't need a merchant on basically. You only need merchants for 3 missions a day or so, usually. But you are right, I forgot merchants :(. Would be better to get 4x+100 then.

On the topic of traits, you can easily use a 24-slot crew for voyages and rotate the last slot until you get a crew with a good trait. Make use of that pile of steel you have sitting around. +1 tiger with slayer so far :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If there was one thing missing from ports imo it is voyages to remove traits and voyages to give crew traits, both should be fairly high req and perhaps only appear in last few regions - but it'd certainly expand the end-game in terms of modifying the folks you got to perfect them. For the sake of functionality crew trait voyages could simply work left to right (as in first crew with a gap gains trait or first with a trait loses it) + exclude 'specials' (aka all the unlocks, merchants, solidarity, good fortune and golem units).

Heck to add function you could even make them cost resources, as in as well as being a hard voyage the school of blossom isle demands x in payment.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

EDIT: Or double stat missions with maxed crew + scroll mission. Those you might break the 10k mark on.

Anything you don't need a merchant on basically. You only need merchants for 3 missions a day or so, usually. But you are right, I forgot merchants sad.gif. Would be better to get 4x+100 then.

On the topic of traits, you can easily use a 24-slot crew for voyages and rotate the last slot until you get a crew with a good trait. Make use of that pile of steel you have sitting around. +1 tiger with slayer so far smile.gif.

I looked at the before, and I think once I'm done my scrolls, as I use all 5 of my basics on the single stat scroll missions, I might start doing that as an "end game" goal for ports but as of right now the benefit isn't worth it. I'd rather have a full load out of level 10 crew.

And yeah I send out a merchant on everything but a scroll mission.

If there was one thing missing from ports imo it is voyages to remove traits and voyages to give crew traits, both should be fairly high req and perhaps only appear in last few regions - but it'd certainly expand the end-game in terms of modifying the folks you got to perfect them. For the sake of functionality crew trait voyages could simply work left to right (as in first crew with a gap gains trait or first with a trait loses it) + exclude 'specials' (aka all the unlocks, merchants, solidarity, good fortune and golem units).

Heck to add function you could even make them cost resources, as in as well as being a hard voyage the school of blossom isle demands x in payment.

While this would have been good to implement from the start its a little late now, and I think it would have been better done as sort of a training school, where you guy works in ports/does training voyages and gains "skill points". So I could have a Tiger Rider and he has an allotment of say 10 skill points, I could put all 10 into combat, or I could do 5 combat 3 seafaring 2 moral or any other infinite combination, because the majority of missions that are worth doing are multi stat ones.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

They *really* need a way to remove crap bonuses, and possibly give crew traits as well. As it stands, it takes so long to find a 10k captain, and also to find one that doesn't have any wrong traits..

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

They are planning to implement 25k/50k captains =d

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Source for that?

Because at the way captains scale, with the current voyages you'd be approaching the mid 90's - 100% mark on pincer voyages.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Source for that?

Because at the way captains scale, with the current voyages you'd be approaching the mid 90's - 100% mark on pincer voyages.

Source is somewhere in the HLF that I cannot access myself!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Oh POP how i loathe you sometimes.

Waited for ages to get enough plates to make tetsu superior legs and plates. Made superior Plate, closes interface, opens interface again makes legs - but lo and behold, makes regular tetsu legs. I swear POP armour and scrimshaw interfaces are retarded as [bleep]. Now I will have a solid 3 month to get myself a pair of superior legs.

I did this with my Tetsu helm - the top & legs were made Superior & then the default 'make' changed to 'Tradeable' & I didn't notice. My Bad :(

the_lad_1.png

Just finished my last storyline (Defiance of Hyu-Ji), at long last...

Still need 21 Chi, 21 Plate and 53 Lacquer for whole sets though, so it's going to be a long while.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

So I sit here, all upgrades make to ship, port and leveling crew. Nothing much to do other than collect a bit of steel and jade for crew replacements.

Only got a 30 spice special tonight. I rerolled all of my voyages for 2 chi and another 30 spice. Sent all three... Sigh. This will make needing 42 chi for sea singer legs, 18 plate for tetsu legs and 86 lacquer for death lotus chest.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

maxcrew1_zpsf2c75e7e.jpg

maxcrew2_zps1f49cc1d.jpg

Maxed crew!

Finally!

• Like 7

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

You need to get an oxhead and JoD lined up in your recruits.

You do know that crewmen no longer die when you have 4 lifeboats, right?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

They do now. I have crews saved by life boats at least 3 times in the past two weeks, all lifeboats are still active.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Source for that?

I can't access myself either but I thought it only said they'd look at adding higher tier captains though they noted while a '25k' captain would be passable and '50k' captain would be getting a bit too powerful compared to crew and voyages.

Though of course these are both on the basis that captains cost and stat growth curve remains the same, I'd definitely like to see one more tier of captains though. It just feels a bit pathetic that our captains are worse stats than the crew at max.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Source for that?

I can't access myself either but I thought it only said they'd look at adding higher tier captains though they noted while a '25k' captain would be passable and '50k' captain would be getting a bit too powerful compared to crew and voyages.

Though of course these are both on the basis that captains cost and stat growth curve remains the same, I'd definitely like to see one more tier of captains though. It just feels a bit pathetic that our captains are worse stats than the crew at max.

I've read that also but that is not everything. Some Mod said he has seen a job for an expansion on PoP already due popular demand!

Account Help

Oh POP how i loathe you sometimes.

Waited for ages to get enough plates to make tetsu superior legs and plates. Made superior Plate, closes interface, opens interface again makes legs - but lo and behold, makes regular tetsu legs. I swear POP armour and scrimshaw interfaces are retarded as [bleep]. Now I will have a solid 3 month to get myself a pair of superior legs.

I did this with my Tetsu helm - the top & legs were made Superior & then the default 'make' changed to 'Tradeable' & I didn't notice. My Bad sad.png

Yeah this happened to me also, I just replaced my tradeable one with a superior one today :|

Laplacian.png

I have maxed crew except for the captains because I've had horrible luck with them. They're all 10k but all of them have at least one crappy trait. I've been trying to replace them but I've only received 10k speed captains in the past 2 weeks lol

Congrats Unknown!

When it comes to making tradeable ports stuff what item is the best for each set of things? I'm pretty sure Cruelty scrim and Tetsu legs are the best for those 2 right?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Last vampirism scrimshaw I sold went at 1225k. No clue how high cruelty is, it doesn't poison forever anymore :P.

Armour-wise I suspect legs are all the best. That's based on them being only 50 resources versus tops at 80 for almost the same armour bonus, GWD chestplates having damage boosts, and helmets being generally much uglier than the rest (especially lotus, seriously) plus much cheaper items to substitute with Nex equipment, and not affecting accuracy so you only need one helmet where you need 3 legs.

Spices-wise, shark soup is best ;).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted