11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

To my surprise, BOTH trio voyages came back successful, so now I have 137 bones and 95 Chi (5 shy of chest ._.).

Still, I am one happy camper, now trying to go after the other set of trio.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Got another Lacquer mission. This time, I will be getting that Full Death Lotus.

On another note, all the armours look rushed and horrible, aesthetically. Can't they rework them one last time and put in the same effort into these that they put into SGS? If nothing else, they might as well change the appearances of PoP with hybrid armour (even that looks cooler).

SGS makes them money directly.. it's easier to justify development time on the graphics of those items :c

No one is asking them to devote hours. But surely they can spend 15 minutes or whatever it takes to make sure that the best armour in the game is aesthetically pleasing? Never underestimate the power of the aesthetic; fashionscaping exists for a reason. Hell, how hard is it to google up some samurai images and basically rip that off?

Seasinger and Tetsu look fine to me. Death Lotus maybe not so much, but meh.

I like Tetsu except for the helmet, the face is horrid, particularly that mustache (I know it's not really a mustache but it looks that way). Looks robotic in a weird way. Seasinger looks awesome in a certain sense, but the top looks like a finely -- a very finely -- tailored suit; not battle gear.

SGS makes them money directly.. it's easier to justify development time on the graphics of those items :c

No one is asking them to devote hours. But surely they can spend 15 minutes or whatever it takes to make sure that the best armour in the game is aesthetically pleasing? Never underestimate the power of the aesthetic; fashionscaping exists for a reason. Hell, how hard is it to google up some samurai images and basically rip that off?

I wasn't saying I agree with their philosophy simply putting what I believe it is.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I wasn't saying I agree with their philosophy simply putting what I believe it is.

Yes, I sensed that. My comment was just a general response to their philosophy, not really a direct comment at you. Sorry if that was unclear. Concise expression is a bit hard on the Internet, sometimes.

sent out the 50 chi/50 bones trio voyage today with FoTS, and burnt every stat booster i had that would make a difference, ended up with 79%.

Guess tomorrow morning is judgement day. I'll have enough for Sea singer chest if it succeeds, but tempted to get hood first, seems like a better upgrade

i just sent my trio with 77% success. had no effects -.-

hope i success.

I actually lied, I have 95 chi, short of SS top by 5 chi (._.);

EDIT: got another Trio today, if I pass this, next one will be Plate/Lacquer Trio. Yum...

And Probably get Admiral rank too :D

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

So I'm thinking 3 jade statues and 2 telescopes is the way to go now?

Out of a maximum 4? Seems legit!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Totem wise I'd say:

2 - 4 Tree + 0 - 2 Telescope until upgrades/crew done.

2 - 4 Telescope + 0 - 2 Jade until all the scrolls you want are done.

4 Jade as endgame.

Probably the best route now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So I don't know if I'm extremely unlucky, or if I'm doing something wrong; But I'm 80% of the way through the Bowl and I haven't seen the mission to unlock Judge of Dice. I've been using up all my rerolls daily trying to get it and it just hasn't come up. Is there something I'm missing?

I assume the Crescent isle does not appear on your map? If not, I assume you have one very unlucky streak.

tim_chenw2.png

To be honest, i'm totally fine with the looks of these armors. They are different, in a good or bad way depending on opinion and they go along with the theme, showing the fact that people in the eastern lands aren't superficial fashionscapers.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

But surely they can spend 15 minutes or whatever it takes to make sure that the best armour in the game is aesthetically pleasing? Never underestimate the power of the aesthetic; fashionscaping exists for a reason. Hell, how hard is it to google up some samurai images and basically rip that off?

So that's where all your unrealistic expectations of Jagex are coming from, lol.

The current look/feel of the armours make total sense, especially Death Lotus: Gear worn by deadly, stealthy assassins isn't going to be as flashy as Pernix. As it is the current version with a huge pauldron on the left shoulder is a bit over the top.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I quite like seasinger and tetsu, although I did prefer the previous colour of Tetsu. Death lotus looks decidedly meh, not necessarily in that it's not flashy etc. it just looks a bit drab and boring.

Asmodean <3

O

So that's where all your unrealistic expectations of Jagex are coming from, lol.

Well, they do have all the coolest designs.

The current look/feel of the armours make total sense, especially Death Lotus: Gear worn by deadly, stealthy assassins isn't going to be as flashy as Pernix. As it is the current version with a huge pauldron on the left shoulder is a bit over the top.

I understand the theme that they were going for (The Death Lotus Society is full of powerful and stealthy assasins) but the armour simply looks atrocious. Particularly that symbol on the mask, and the headband. Also it is reminiscent of Red Dragonhide. It shouldn't be too hard to give it a cool ninja symbol either, ya know. Again, I say they should just rip off some ninja character from anime. It doesn't have to be the exact same thing, an approximation would do. I just googled that up and there are a lot of interesting designs that would be feasible and look awesome in RS. Plenty of stealthy characters that look awesome. For the moment though, I will be covering up that hideous outfit with my Shadow Hunter Override combined with some other outfits. A shame.

Hell, I'd just settle for a redo of the mask alone. The more I look at the rest, it isn't that bad. It's just the mask.

-----

I did get my full Death Lotus set.

Here is the picture for Sylpheed:

deathlotus.png

• Like 1