11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Also, I have 25 port upgrades. I've done everything including all workshops, etc. I've done one of each shipwright and lodgings. What's the last one?

You have the 'wrong' lodgings or shipwright. You'll want the morale shipwright and morale or speed lodgings, iirc. For some unfathomable reason, those are worth more than the combat/seafaring ones.

Not sure about that, cause I have the seafaring lodgings and the combat shipwright but I'm missing only one of them

Just made my superior tetsu top, missing the helm now.

Upgrades almost done, just missing 2-3 buildings and 1 ship upgrade.

I dunno if this is just me, but I can't seem to get any oxhead; already got my judges, bands, tigers, etc... but only one oxhead, are they supposed to be rare or something? So far I've been surviving with 2 sea witches and 3 jade golems instead of the oxheads.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

They are supposed to be very rare. Outclassing JoD at level 10.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

What happens if you have Beurocrat (sp) and JoD on same ship? Does the JoD get the +75 boost, and the B'crat get a +100? :lol:

edit: Sad :<

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I am going to be doing the final Storyline reward missions very soon. I have 3 Fortune of the Seas, and obviously I plan on fitting some Merchants. Up until now, I had decided that I would use the Fortune of the Seas as well as the Merchants. Despite the fact that the few times I have used FOTS I have never gotten the penalty and always the reward, I am thinking that it might be better just to use Merchant and no FOTS? Since with just a Merchant, the reward will be 1.3, but with FOTS if I get penalties, then it would be 1.2. Any thoughts?

I thought fortune of the sea is +10% reward if you succeed but +10% to repair cost if the mission fails and resources are taken for immediate repairs.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Yeah, if Fortune of the Seas increases your penalty, you wouldn't be getting any resources anyway :P. Best to use it after all.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Oh, so the FOTS' penalties only apply if I fail the mission? If so, then how silly of me, I have completely misunderstood the effect. If someone can confirm that for me, then yes, I have more than enough resources to forget worrying about those sorts of penalties.

Has it been confirmed that FOTS stacks with merchants? so far, all i've heard is that it doesn't(so you'd get no effect with a merchant on board).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

If i were to use 2 FotS on a voyage would they stack with each other or not?

Can't check in-game myself as i'm not at a Runescape playing computer.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

If i were to use 2 FotS on a voyage would they stack with each other or not?

Can't check in-game myself as i'm not at a Runescape playing computer.

I don't think you can use two

As far as I recall all 3 on bottom row (boat, specs and fots) grey out and go to 'active' once applied and can't be added too.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The bottom row effects can only be applied once per ship, I dont think there is a limit to the top row other than limited to what you have.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Like above, FoTS only gives penalties if you fail, and does stack with merchant. You cannot use it more than once as it greys out. There is no reason to not use it on your final storyline missions. I didn't take pictures when I did it, but if my word is good enough - I can confirm all that because I used it for my storylines.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

I just sent out the mission for 50 plates/lacquer with 82% success, and I forgot to put on FOTS. Darn. But after I sent out all my ships, I noticed that I could I still activate FOTS, so I did. The ship that I wanted it to be active on was in slot #1, does anyone know if it will work after all? I guess I will find out in 9 hours.

I only used FOTS on one of my ships... slightly regretful, but whatever. What bugs me is now my hopes are mostly dashed on ever getting much out of ports after completing everything inside of it. I mean it would be nice to see myself getting a scroll or a bit of trade goods every day I log in.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I felt the same way, Urza. Don't worry, you'll get there. It's very slow, tedious, and boring. But with a bit of patience you will be decked in that shiny PoP armour and them scrimshaws. Cheers.

Don't worry I'm on my way with all but sea singer bottom, tetsu legs and death lotus chest. After armor trade goods and pieces made I'm actively hunting scrimshaws. Currently 120+ bones saved too.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I had the same problem with tigers. I have two level 10 oxheads/morale/seafaring (the rest is all 9) and my tigers are still level 7-9 :(.

Also, past 4 days, I succeeded one out of ten long voyages (1/3 scrolls, 0/2 bones, 0/2 plate, 0/1 chi, 0/2 laquer). Plus failing a lot of steel but I only send the 700s anyway.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but i somehow managed to get all pincers crew(except for oxheads ofcource, only got one of those) in less than 8 days. I don't even have a pincer crewman over t7 and i've already got 5 of each. All in all, pincers doesn't seem all that challenging as some people make it sound to be. Well, it might also be 4 lifeboats that give me the courage to send 50% ships on high resource voyages.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Well my crew is sorted now aside from Ox's

Got 5/5/5/1/3/3/1/1/1

Tigers/Harems/Bands/Ox/Jod/Merch/lvl 10 previous crew left overs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have gotten all my crews within a week of being in pincers, i feel sorry for all those people who are sturggling to complete their crews.

My current crew is 5/5/5/4/3/3. 5 Seafarers, 5 morales, 5 combat, 4 oxheads, 3 merchants, and 3 Judge of Dice.

Most of my crews and captains are nearly maxed. I have 2 merchants at lvl 10, 2 JOD at lvl 10, all 4 of my oxheads at lvl 10 and various other crews all maxed out.

The lowest levelled crews i have are lvl 8, all the rest are lvl 9. I do notice that my captain which i've had since before pincers has been levelling slowly and has only reach lvl 7, but i tend to use my better captains instead of trying to level it.

I've just sent out my second last triple voyage ever. Been waiting for a week and a half for them to appear, built the staues to lure the adventurers and it only just finally worked today, I also have 2 telescopes built which has led to a scroll mission everyday so far, including today but i opted for the triple voyages rather than the scroll.

I have tetsu helm and platebody, i'm 30 plates from the legs.

I have seasinger's robe top and i'm 80 chi from the robe bottom and helm.

I only have 60 laquers, I'm hoping to get a lot of laquers for the final triple mission. Will be using merchant and FotS on it along with all of my stats-boosting items from random events.

At the moment i'm hunting for lots of supplies to get maxed port score, I believe i only have 5 or 6 upgrades left in the port to complete the port, but i do have a lot of scrolls left to get.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.