11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Hrm, and here I

Today's patch notes say that adventurer rerolls can once again be obtained, so there's your answer :P. Maybe it was a hotfix to stop 100% adv reroll chance?

Still getting 1 random/day even though I'm sending 5-6 voyages a day tops, seems to be no problem.

What? I don't understand what they fixed with regards to adventurer rerolls, I thought those were working fine?

Hrm, and here I thought that I wasn't getting Adventurer's Rerolls out of sheer bad luck the past few weeks.

Hrm, and here I

Today's patch notes say that adventurer rerolls can once again be obtained, so there's your answer :P. Maybe it was a hotfix to stop 100% adv reroll chance?

Still getting 1 random/day even though I'm sending 5-6 voyages a day tops, seems to be no problem.

What? I don't understand what they fixed with regards to adventurer rerolls, I thought those were working fine?

Hrm, and here I thought that I wasn't getting Adventurer's Rerolls out of sheer bad luck the past few weeks.

I haven't been getting any of them either.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I haven't gotten any in a while either. How strange... Glad they "fixed" it anyway, I'm going to really need them in 1 Thieving level.

Also, slightly-related, but I've gotten the Occultist far fewer times than any other adventurer, possibly even 10 times or less. I don't even know what story mission she's on.

2dgucz6.png

If you got adventurer or crew rerolls prior to today, it would double up and omit the next listed reward on the list (but only if they weren't maxed).

Earlier this week I got adventurer reroll, voyage reroll and crew reroll according to the random reward interface (in that order) and got 2x adventurer reroll and a crew reroll in reality.

Likewise, last week I got crew reroll, fortune of the sea and seasingers bottled cry (again exactly in that order) and in actuality I got 2 crew reroll and the bottled cry (which pissed me off a bit).

So yeah.

• Like 1

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Hrm, and here I

I haven't been getting any of them either.

Neither do I.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

So now that the % based traits supposedly work, does that finally make the Pincer-area captain's trait voyages better than the +100 voyages from the Bowl? Anyone have one on a captain they'd like to share?

I put a combat one on my now junked 10k Cursed-trait captain and found out they indeed didn't work before, but don't have any on my current captains.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

If the ship's total is above 10k, 1% is better. Below 10k, 100 is better.

Which means all end game missions are worth it, question is, do they stack?

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

If the ship's total is above 10k, 1% is better. Below 10k, 100 is better.

Which means all end game missions are worth it, question is, do they stack?

I have a Morale captain with 3x Leader and a Combat captain with 3x Tactician. They do stack, with the multiplier applied to your ship and crew, but not to the 3% warehouse bonus.

Boy_Wonder_1.png

Now we know they stack, what should be the optimal captains be with their traits?

Same captains as before except with +1% instead of +100 as trade good voyages are all 10k+

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

There are two trade good voyages which are 10k all, laquer and plate (regular). For those, the +100 traits are still better.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Plus, how likely is it that we can hit 10k+ on even one requirement in the duo 11.5k voyages? For single stat voyages the 1% is definitely better, but now we need to figure out how often single stat voyages come about compared to their duo/trio counterparts.

What's wrong with you, Jagex? I thought this game was linear with only one way to play! (/sarcasm)

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

There are two trade good voyages which are 10k all, laquer and plate (regular). For those, the +100 traits are still better.

Because you can't 100% derp. Makes sense I'll likely just stick with my current +100's.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

What am I supposed to do now that i've achieved the "end of ports"... I'm stuck with 20k stainless steel, and I don't know what i should be doing now.... Any tips?

If you've truely maxed out everything, have the optimal crew and 3 ox head sitting there the only thing to do is reroll all your voyages for trade goods each day. However I'm continuing on with regular missions when I have space just as a way to level up my crew. Once they are maxed I won't do regular missions anymore. Its what I'm doing, the only time I will still do a stainless mission is the Barmaids voyage and if I have an adventure with nothing else worth getting AND I didn't manage to roll 4 resource voyages in my regular rerolls.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Plus, how likely is it that we can hit 10k+ on even one requirement in the duo 11.5k voyages? For single stat voyages the 1% is definitely better, but now we need to figure out how often single stat voyages come about compared to their duo/trio counterparts.

With merchant, it's hard to do or impossible, but for scroll voyages I do get over 10k double, and my crew is level 9 for the most part. Once level 10, it should be doable to do 10500-10800 double no problem. In the end I think the +100 and +1% traits are for the most part equivalent.

@Meam: level all crew to 10 as Jay said and do your trade good & scroll voyages as well. Totems are worth it probably, and I'd get the morale shipwright.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

With merchant, it's hard to do or impossible, but for scroll voyages I do get over 10k double, and my crew is level 9 for the most part. Once level 10, it should be doable to do 10500-10800 double no problem. In the end I think the +100 and +1% traits are for the most part equivalent.

@Meam: level all crew to 10 as Jay said and do your trade good & scroll voyages as well. Totems are worth it probably, and I'd get the morale shipwright.

I agree with the 1%, I'm not going to reroll my captains to get it, but I've got one captain who still needs a trait and I'll likely just pick whichever shows up first.

If you primarily want plates your probably better off with the seafaring shipwright, lower success(marginally) on the moral missions for higher success (marginally) on the seafaring plate missions.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

@mierin; is it worth firing crew to replace with crew who "might" have good stats? And how rare exactly are oxheads; I havent seen one in over a week(since i accidentally rolled past one :evil: )

meamzed.png

@mierin; is it worth firing crew to replace with crew who "might" have good stats? And how rare exactly are oxheads; I havent seen one in over a week(since i accidentally rolled past one :evil: )

I find OX heads increadibly rare,I got lucky and got my four a couple weeks ago and have yet to see another one, if you have a surplus of Stainless steel and are willing to give up one spot for rerolls it wouldn't be a bad strategy. As it stands right now I usually send out a set of boats right at 6pm(reset time for me), and depending on what they were I can send out another set before work (7am), if for the second set you don't have trade good missions you could build up a surplus of stainless purely for rerolling crew. The advantage of having a +100 trait on your crew is nice but isn't a huge benefit, on the triple 10k missions its only a 1% benefit (ignoring the fact that you only use ox heads for those missions) worth even less on other missions, however on a single stat mission, 4 crew with the +100 is worth ~2% success.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items