11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

All stats at level 10 are twice the base stats at level 0... +10% base per level (not cumulative).

Yes, replace sea witch with oxhead. 600+600 base stats in morale/seafaring versus the witch's 350+700, plus the combat, it's much better.

Finally got two captains at level 10 :). 1740 combat and 1700 +1% morale for the win.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

What's Oxhead and Horseface MAX stats (Level 10)?

I would assume 1200/1200/1200/0, seeing as at level 10 they have a total of +100% base stats from level bonus. Is there a reason why they would be different?

EDIT: Ninja'd

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

You get a total of 100 plates from story missions if you do all the adventurers and the trios--more if you use merchants and Fortune of the Sea. So make sure you get those done. Other than that, set up two whale trophies and a mammoth skull, do plate missions when they come up, make sure you get all the scrolls, and send your other ships out to get steel for upgrades.

Yeah, I see 25 from the Missionary another 25 from the Convict and 50 from a trio. Sadly I don't have 90 Thieving thus it's not possible to obtain the rest. I've finished the Whaler's so got his 25 plate.

I made the mistake of purchasing the Jade status to increase trade goods per voyage, pity I didn't do a little more research beforehand. It's a 1% increase which apparently only effects one 100 spice voyage as it's rounded down. :/

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I think I am way behind on my trade goods, the game just refuses to let me suceed on trio stories (I failed 2 out of 4 attempts so far) or even trade good special voyages...

61 scrolls now, 19 more to go.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

What's the number on port upgrades? 27? If so then just need the last workshop and warehouse upgrades. I'm working on the jade portal upgrade at the moment.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

sent out the 50 chi/50 bones trio voyage today with FoTS, and burnt every stat booster i had that would make a difference, ended up with 79%.

Guess tomorrow morning is judgement day. I'll have enough for Sea singer chest if it succeeds, but tempted to get hood first, seems like a better upgrade

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

sent out the 50 chi/50 bones trio voyage today with FoTS, and burnt every stat booster i had that would make a difference, ended up with 79%.

Guess tomorrow morning is judgement day. I'll have enough for Sea singer chest if it succeeds, but tempted to get hood first, seems like a better upgrade

I looked it up before to see, and if you use Ganodermic then going from full Gano to Sea Singer Hood/Ganodermic Poncho/SS Robe Bottom is better than Ganodermic Visor/SS Robe Top/Ganodermic Leggings. The thing that stopped me was the extra scrolls required, but that shouldn't be a problem for you. ;)

2dgucz6.png

Already have a pair of legs though :P

tim_chenw2.png

Just seen 'in other news' update notes for wqilderness warbands that they have added the optiont o see how long til voyages comes back in through the port book.

They have also increased the boosts from the jade totems, anyone managed to work it out yet?

Now i wish i had kept the triple voyages til now... extra trade goods.. gah....

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Just seen 'in other news' update notes for wqilderness warbands that they have added the optiont o see how long til voyages comes back in through the port book.

They have also increased the boosts from the jade totems, anyone managed to work it out yet?

Now i wish i had kept the triple voyages til now... extra trade goods.. gah....

I think the jade statue was supposed to be changed to increase the chance of getting a trade goods voyage, rather than provide a miniscule boost to goods.

Will have to confirm in-game though.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The totems of choice really depend on what you are after, and it seems there are quite a few combinations to go for(the useful ones being telescopes, cherry trees, parrots and jade statues). For general use i'd say 3x tree and one telescope/jade statue is best until you start going for scrolls only. The effect of jade statues seems hard to quantify, really.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The totems of choice really depend on what you are after, and it seems there are quite a few combinations to go for(the useful ones being telescopes, cherry trees, parrots and jade statues). For general use i'd say 3x tree and one telescope/jade statue is best until you start going for scrolls only. The effect of jade statues seems hard to quantify, really.

If you've maxed out in the pincers 4 jade, or 3 jade + telescope is the way to go just to get more trade good missions

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

If you've maxed out in the pincers 4 jade, or 3 jade + telescope is the way to go just to get more trade good missions

Well, i'm assuming resources include trade goods, which they probably should. I don't really think 4 of anything is ever worth it.

Edit: Yeah, derp, jagex just tries to make this as complicated as possible with the notations of ''goods'', ''resources'' and ''trade goods''. So in that case cherry is useless and you'd vary between 3:1 -> 2:2 -> 1:3 between jade and telescopes depending on whether you are after armor or port score, respectively.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Well, i'm assuming resources include trade goods, which they probably should. I don't really think 4 of anything is ever worth it.

Resources are not trade goods.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items