11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

the issue remains that there is no reason to have anything thing else ever again

the tangible benefit is outweighed by making the rest of the game an utter waste of time

I made a perfectly viable suggestion a while ago. Balls in their court to step up to the plate and hit.

Please tell us then what suggestion. Just saying you made a suggestion and then not telling what suggestion it is, isn't helping.

Being on these forums as long as I have I realize the nature of the community. Nothing tends to come from suggesting something or at least mentioning it again because it gets beats to death. The only positive effect to come from it is the mental stimulation the critics get from observing that suggestion.

Tl;dr

I don't feel like finding and reposting it knowing that outcome due to the nature of this discussion. Nothing remotely entertaining will come out it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

the closest thing IRL would be something like an anti-missile missile system. But yeah.

OH GOD YES

Also, I failed at 80% or higher in unlocking the sea witch seven consecutive times

Now I have unlocked it. Finally. :D

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

So why is unlocking the rudder a priority in the pincers? I understand the bowl because it made it easy/doable to get 3 sets of voyages done in a day, but at 8 hours + between ports in the pincers surely it isn't worth it to spend the 2 k steel on the rudder when you could be getting and leveling up crew?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I'd say it depends on how often you can check them.

If you only have time to check ports once a day, or twice in the morning/evening, no need, but if you are playing all day, then it matters

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

It cuts normal voyages to ~9 hours (from 12 or so?) and specials/resources to 12-ish (From quite a bit longer). I get the impression that it pays for itself in the long run, considering the faster training and resources.

As Wkw said, though, doesn't really matter too much if you're checking twice daily. :razz:

My normal steel missions are only 8.5 hours long with out it. And using a bag of the winds did nothing to improve that time. My story missions and special resources are only 10.5 ... It's that supposed to increase?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Just the rudder from the bowl, and standard bowl crew (jade merchants, jods, msc etc)

I have one speed captain because Jagex would rather give me 2.5 k captains for the last 20 days and 18 rerolls but using my other captains gives me the same times.

witchynosaur.png

You mean like fireworks experts? None of those. Two sea witches are the only crew I have that aren't jade merch, jods, or mcs

witchynosaur.png

Can you post a screenshot or the numbers of a ship of yours that has the min time and what speed it has?

I'm looking at my ships now and the speed numbers are 2219, 4350 (speed captain derp), 2399, 2899.

My crew are 4 10 k captains lvl 7 or 8.

4 merch, 3 jod, 5 s + 2 seawitch, 4 m, 5 c + 1 tiger rider (just bought)

I'll screenshot my voyages with min times tomorrow.

witchynosaur.png

Here's my pictures, it looks like I'm able to get min time for 3/4 ships without the rudder. I'll probably end up getting it now...

[hide]

ship4.png

ship3s.png

ship2x.png

ship1.png

[/hide]

witchynosaur.png

Yep. I'm guessing you have enough other bonuses to make up for it.. How much pincer crew/ship upgrades do you have now? I'd bet that getting enough of those would make up for it.

You also needmore speed to max the long voyage ones (specials and resource ones)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yep. I'm guessing you have enough other bonuses to make up for it.. How much pincer crew/ship upgrades do you have now? I'd bet that getting enough of those would make up for it.

You also needmore speed to max the long voyage ones (specials and resource ones)

Just two tiger riders (I failed 3 steel missions that all went out at 80+% with no partial success and I failed the 700 steel convict mission I had at 77%). I only get on twice a day to do ports right now so I'll probably get crew before rudder for the success rate improvements.

Also, idea for ports. let us send the resources we have on voyages to trade (in a ratio) in for additional resources from that area. Example, I have 5 k jade I'm never going to need/use now, let me send that jade with one of my ships to trade it in 2:1 for steel so my voyage would come back with whatever the reward was for success with all bonuses (merch/warehouse etc) applied plus 2.5 k steel with none of the bonuses applied to that amount. If the mission fails you simply don't get any of your resource back.

Ratios could just climb down the ladder of

2:1 jade : steel

3:1 cherrywood : steel

4:1 slate : steel

5:1 gunpowder :steel

6:1 bamboo : steel

For lesser regions it would follow the same pattern (i.e. if you trade slate for cherrywood it would be a 2:1 ratio).

This would let us use all the extra resources we don't want or need, and give us a boost so that starting a new region isn't so entirely frustrating. If it turns out that farming jade would end up being better steel/hr and people abuse it that way they could simply cap how much of a resource you can send to trade per ship.

witchynosaur.png

That has been suggested already in December ;D

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

That has been suggested already in December ;D

I wasn't playing or active on these forums from October til the end of February so that explains why I didn't know. Either way they should definitely add this with ports 2.0

witchynosaur.png

Sold Tetsu legs today for 10,581,883 gp, or one below GE guide price. Offer took ~12 hours to sell.

This probably tells you absolutely nothing about their true price, but tetsu bodies are reportedly going for ~12 mil as reported on the forums (Rs's Most Trusted Resource™) so I figured legs would be a better bet.

• Like 1

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Maxed out on Ancient Bones.

What is a good scrimshaw for selling?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I'm guessing that Scrimshaw of the elements and Scrimshaw of vampyrism would be the most sought-after ones.

Don't quote me on that, though. I'm not sure if the crit bonus scrimshaws are worth using; If they are, then they may be worth making.