11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Quick question (somewhat about ports), can you keepsake the degradable ports armour or is it superior only?

• Items that degrade (such as Eastern armour, Ancient Warrior's armour, corrupt dragon armour, etc.) do not degrade while in the dragon keepsake box.

So yeah...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I just unlocked the assassin. Should I play her story voyages, or should I keep grinding until I have maxed bowl ship upgrades and crew?

Dito for the other story missions. Should I ignore those until I'm working on pincers upgrades?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I would at least get through to the final solo story missions (25 trade goods) so that when you do have maxed(ish) crew and ship upgrades comes you can start to try to roll the trio stories asap (with bad RNG they can take a while to get through them all).

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Guess who screwed up and made two superior seasinger tops? ::flips a table:: Can't even alch the extra to try to get something back from it. >_<

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Scroll 16 came back a success. Now I just have 15 left... Ended up rolling past a 5 lacquer which really annoyed me. Meh.

Counting back huh?

I hope I get scroll #74 now, at the moment logging in to check =D...

EDIT: Whoohoo, scroll number 74 is in =D!

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Scroll 16 came back a success. Now I just have 15 left... Ended up rolling past a 5 lacquer which really annoyed me. Meh.

Counting back huh?

Yes, now that you mention it is a bit weird. So let me correct myself in saying scroll 65 came back a success. 15 to go...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Guess who screwed up and made two superior seasinger tops? ::flips a table:: Can't even alch the extra to try to get something back from it. >_<

Just quietly, if you die in the wildy with it it drops as a large amount of money. Or at least it used to, I think they may have patched it.

zdkz.png

Counting back huh?

Yes, now that you mention it is a bit weird. So let me correct myself in saying scroll 65 came back a success. 15 to go...

Got another scroll mission today =D! We'll see tomorrow if that is Scroll #75. I doubt it due my luck lately xD

Account Help

I almost don't care to return after finishing scrolls really. I mean its a great DD and all, but I am just not scatterbrained enough :P. I'll probably keep at it for the quick cash once in awhile like MTK.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just quietly, if you die in the wildy with it it drops as a large amount of money. Or at least it used to, I think they may have patched it.

They did, surprisingly fast even.

Vmser.png

If one does not have the convict unlocked, how often does one get missions for lacquer? I'm thinking, that because that is my lowest skill (theiving) that I should prioritize lacquer missions above all else

I'm collecting data (unless someone else can point me to where someone else has) on the likelyhood of getting trade good missions for your normal 15 you get per day. If anyone wants to help out please pm me all what all of your voyages were for the day, what resource for each voyage you got was, and how many of that resource was up for grabs, and the number of trade good totems you have.

Example

1. Steel 700

2. Steel 450

3. Steel 300

4. Plate 5

5. Bones 2

6. Steel 700

7. Steel 140

8. Chi 4

9. Spice 30

10. Steel 300

11. Steel 450

12. Steel 300

13. Lacquer 5

14. Steel 700

15. Steel 140

# of trade good totems : 0

If I get enough people to send me their data every day (I'm thinking 5 k data points is probably enough) I might also do some work on stats for Special Voyages.

If 9 people send me their stuff every day it will only take a week to come up with 1 k data points so just under a month for 5 k. I'll also be posting this on request in the data and research thread.

If one does not have the convict unlocked, how often does one get missions for lacquer? I'm thinking, that because that is my lowest skill (theiving) that I should prioritize lacquer missions above all else

Unlocking the convict gets you access to a chance at an additional 5 lacquer special voyage every day. Having both the assassin and the convict (90 slayer and thieving) gets you access to a chance at a 10 lacquer joint mission every day.

If you have the Missionary (90 prayer) Biologist (90 Herblore) and Convict (90 Thieving) you will have access to their trio storyline which gives you one time chance at 50 plate and lacquer (73 with Fortune of the Sea and Merchant bonuses) one time.

Besides the trio voyage I wouldn't be super concerned about unlocking the convict. Plate is worth more per resource so having the whaler is generally more useful.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I do have the whaler, but at this point I'm looking at getting a single set of each superior armor. Not looking to profit just yet off of ports

48 scrolls down for moi, 32 to go.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

75 Scrolls in now!

No scroll voyage today =C!

Account Help

Got my fourth ship and bought the jade rudder. Time to work on hull upgrades, and then crew. huzzah

Got my fourth ship and bought the jade rudder. Time to work on hull upgrades, and then crew. huzzah

I personally would get crew first. They improve and normally within 2-3 missions they pass your previously owned crew. Ship upgrades are flat, won't ever get better and should be done after rudder -> crew -> ship -. warehouse -> all of other building upgrades.

witchynosaur.png

I personally would get crew first. They improve and normally within 2-3 missions they pass your previously owned crew. Ship upgrades are flat, won't ever get better and should be done after rudder -> crew -> ship -. warehouse -> all of other building upgrades.

Alright. Crew it is, then.

How many JoDs should I have? How long should I wait to replace my merchants with jade merchants? I'm thinking them last, because there are only maybe one or two missions where I have a high enough rating to send them out

General concenus is you want

5 moral

5 combat

5 seafaring

3 JoD

3 Jade Merch

4 Oxheads

(Obviously when you get to pincers is when you can get oxheads).

I personally have 4 jade merchants right now until I can get a 3rd and 4th oxhead. I recommend having 2 sea witches still (if you haven't fired them yet) for moral/seafaring missions because their total bonus is around 2100-2200 (moral+seafaring) compared to other maxed bowl crew being at 1900 at the time. Sea witches definitely get replaced in pincers though.

I would get the jade merchants first as well, if having a jade merch lowers your chance of success by less than 30% its worth sending them out (generally it only lowers it by 7-12% in my experience). In the long run it averages out to be more resources, which means buying your crew/ship/building upgrades faster.

Again I'm no expert, if someone has a better opinion please correct me so that I can learn.

witchynosaur.png

what is a JOD and how do I get it? I am at final stage and have been for months. I stopped collecting resources, but I heard they may expand POP and that I should continue to collect resources. I have been just doing voyages for trade goods only or exp for the last month or more

thegame1431.png

what is a JOD and how do I get it? I am at final stage and have been for months. I stopped collecting resources, but I heard they may expand POP and that I should continue to collect resources. I have been just doing voyages for trade goods only or exp for the last month or more

...really?

A JoD is the Judge of Dice. You unlock them from a special voyage while in the bowl region. If you're already at the final stage you should have at least 3 of them already and rolled through many more.

At level 10 they're worth a total of 1400 of each stat (900 for each one, +100 for each additional unique crew member you have on the ship for another 500 in each stat).

At the moment it's not worth it to pursue additional resources besides trade goods unless you need them for crew, ship parts, or building upgrades. If all your buildings are luxurious, you've got all the ship parts, and you have maxed crew (which you apparently don't, you need Jade for JoD) there isn't any use for them. Odds are any updates will be for new trade goods or new resources all together (possibly a new region?) so unless they implement some sort of resource exchange ratio (which they won't because its Jagex and they hate good ideas) all your resources will be at worse useless and at best easily attainable.

witchynosaur.png