11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Is anyone else having the problem of voyages not going down in time remaining unless they are logged in?

I had two completed voyages this morning. The server jumping also works. If it is happening, might be a temp bug due to the x2 xp in effect.

On another topic: Sent a ship out at 20% and my worst caption to test if story voyages automatically succeed. If so, I'm doing them before other voyages from now on.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

On another topic: Sent a ship out at 20% and my worst caption to test if story voyages automatically succeed. If so, I'm doing them before other voyages from now on.

They don't. I've failed plenty of them.

Does anyone know why my mission time goes up instead of down when I throw on a dwarven engineer (+600 speed) and the Fireworks Enthusiast (+800 speed)?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Perhaps she duo'd Nex though?

ScreenShot2012-12-22at21601AM.png

Refocussed on Arc region because I was overloaded on voyages for the day and I needed bamboo anyway.

It turns out that if you focus on any zone besides the furthest one you've unlocked, the distance you earn for any voyage you send gets cut in half, which slows down your progress tremendously.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Just passed the chimera voyage and got him in one roll. I'm going to buy him when I get the deck upgrades.

Currently at 42% and 11 voyages left.

Also to note I'm at 749 port score. The next hypothetical title upgrade comes at 800.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They don't. I've failed plenty of them.

Does anyone know why my mission time goes up instead of down when I throw on a dwarven engineer (+600 speed) and the Fireworks Enthusiast (+800 speed)?

Thanks for the heads up, though I had sent out the ship prior to posting about it here. Yep, I failed it miserably and had to pay 100k gp to repair it. Now out on a couple of 100% missions.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Assuming there are at least two nations in the Eastern Lands, we should assume a divide and conquer strategy. We should form an alliance with the weakest nation, provoke them into attacking a bigger nation, and arm them to the teeth using level 90 Smithers. Those with 90 Construction can be sent to work on militarily fortifications. When the greater power eventually achieves a phyric victory over our allied weaker nation, we should be able to crush them with superior economic and military force, and take over the Eastern Lands.

...I've played far too much Civilization for a 22-year-old.

I wouldn't even bother with that. Ghandi would just show up and nuke your shit anyways.

• Like 5

Don't know, but it's happening to me too and it's getting annoying. Probably just a bug...

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Don't know, but it's happening to me too and it's getting annoying. Probably just a bug...

Too many cooks in the kitchen I bet.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just failed my 4th Chimera Straits mission (this time around was at 83%, and i never went under 50%) and it's probable that i'll pass yet another day without getting a chimera. By this time i've noticed that those missions for special units only reroll once per day (if anyone can prove me wrong, please do so on this topic).

Also, i'd like to proclaim my support to the theory that difficulty does NOT go up as you progress within a set region. I've had 4,5k and 5,5k in two categories and 7,5k+ missions since day 1 of the Hook... It's really just luck of the draw. (Probably...)

So the issue I had last night persisted through two restarts and several sever hops. The mission finished this morning once I was logged in for the duration of the trip

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Yeah it looks like "forever-SOON" but didn't bother as it was almost last mission in day when it happen. And after one failed voyage repair cost take 50 slates just like bamboo in very first missions, that's not fair.

Any info about 4th islands ? I mean if missions now take like 2 hours what next, 4-5 ?

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

I don't know if anyone's posted about this particular trait yet but I certainly hadn't seen it yet.

296btcg.png

For the data base.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

I lost my level 6 slate golem today, and around 300 gunpowder.

Finished the Botanist's 3rd story trip, she got poison from the sea orphans leader after rescuing him from teh Lartern clan or something, certainly not as entertaining as the assassin's or Psycho Missionary.

Yeah it looks like "forever-SOON" but didn't bother as it was almost last mission in day when it happen. And after one failed voyage repair cost take 50 slates just like bamboo in very first missions, that's not fair.

Any info about 4th islands ? I mean if missions now take like 2 hours what next, 4-5 ?

No info gleaned for the fourth island other than requiring 140k miles traveled. The earliest you'll see it is probably in another 5 days since people will be gaining on average around 8-12% a day. I'm currently 50% through, but I have no doubt there is someone with close to 60%.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm at 84% with 1 voyage on the way ... I'm sure there will be people on the 4th island tomorrow. (I wont make it most likely). But I'll probably stay on the last 2 islands a little more (I need 1 more hull upgrade and I want a 3rd ship before the 4th island)

I'm at 84% with 1 voyage on the way ... I'm sure there will be people on the 4th island tomorrow. (I wont make it most likely). But I'll probably stay on the last 2 islands a little more (I need 1 more hull upgrade and I want a 3rd ship before the 4th island)

Dang haven't failed much have you?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yeah, failing still gives you the distance, just means extra cost.

Not sure if that applies if you fail a mission very quickly though, but yeah.

I do also regret skipping quite a few voyages recently. Only just hit 50%, so going to take a while to get to The Scythe. On the plus side, I'll have some extra time to get upgrades and better captains.

Anyone know what the Leader trait does? One of my Golden Katana Clansmen has it and next to all my crew's moral there's a (+0% bonus), except for the crewman with the Leader trait, who has (+1% bonus) next to his moral.

I haven't skipped any missions and I should be at around 53%. Then again I did go back for bamboo and gunpowder for those two upgrades.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png