11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Um ya I just sent that Chimera Straits voyage out like 10 minutes ago so after I read the last page I logged in to see if the timer was shorter than expected and got a little message saying my ship was back. Very strange. First time I've noticed this happen to me.

Yeah I don't know what's up with the timers but I'm glad. Ports reset in 45 mins and I had two 3 hour missions left. Both done in about 2 mins.

Just tested this, logging in and out, lobbying in and out. Seemed to only decrease the timer by 1 minute each time.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Yeah I don't know what's up with the timers but I'm glad. Ports reset in 45 mins and I had two 3 hour missions left. Both done in about 2 mins.

Just tested this, logging in and out, lobbying in and out. Seemed to only decrease the timer by 1 minute each time.

For summoning, that's not a bad situation as it's not exploitable. For PoP, I can see that being a bug exploit even though you likely save 30 seconds a hop given the delay between jumping worlds. Seems easy to fix by making it round up to the nearest minute instead of rounding down.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Logged out about 7 hours ago with 2:49 left on a voyage for 2 plates.

Logged in at the reset and it said 2:49 left, and the interface didn't mention any new adventurers in port (though they were present in the bar). Let the game run for a bit and when I checked the voyage again it said 2:45 left.

Relogged and the voyage completed :s

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Should have pictures of the refitted lodgings up in my blog in a couple hours.

Also no scroll missions tonight :/. Ill probably just do the chi and story line mission.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

New trait on my captain I haven't seen posted.

Tough as Nails : Chance to avoid death

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm getting wayyyyyyyyyy too many gunpowder voyages. :< On the bright side, I got a base 3.5k Chimera straits voyage, which is fairly easy.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I'm getting wayyyyyyyyyy too many gunpowder voyages. :< On the bright side, I got a base 3.5k Chimera straits voyage, which is fairly easy.

I am in the same boat (pun intended). I keep getting low end slate, but mostly gunpowder. At least I can use it later so it's not a complete waste of my time.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I've decided to go back to the arc to farm some bamboo, the slate missions I've been getting are stupid hard and I've bought all the gun powder upgrades.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Aaand a 10k moral for 600 chime and 300 slate. Used everything I could including rations for a 55%. C'mooon lady luck!

You left her at the port, she isn't too happy about it either

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Does anyone have any idea how many story missions there are for each adventurer? Ten?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I recall hearing 5 story voyages per adventurer somewhere, I'm guessing that's just the single storyline without the team-up ones.

This is right. Plus additional combo ones if you have all 6 people.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Most of my missions for slate have been pretty easy, which I'm extremely grateful for. I think I'm going to save all my slate for the ship upgrade as my first thing. I've got 700 slate so far...out of 4000 needed >_>'

I suspect you'll change your mind on this before you reach 4,000 slate. As you continue doing Hook missions and your progress bar advances, the difficulty increases. A third ship won't help you with dual 4.5k missions or single-stat 7.5k missions, and I've heard there are even worse.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

As you continue doing Hook missions and your progress bar advances, the difficulty increases.

anyone have any non-anecdotal proof of this?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Most of my missions for slate have been pretty easy, which I'm extremely grateful for. I think I'm going to save all my slate for the ship upgrade as my first thing. I've got 700 slate so far...out of 4000 needed >_>'

I suspect you'll change your mind on this before you reach 4,000 slate. As you continue doing Hook missions and your progress bar advances, the difficulty increases. A third ship won't help you with dual 4.5k missions or single-stat 7.5k missions, and I've heard there are even worse.

I'm 12% through and almost past 1k slate and still haven't had many 3/4 anchor missions over 3k-4k missions. Even the combined ones are 3.5k and those aren't hard at all.

hzvjpwS.gif

The difficulty hasn't scaled for me yet and it's not like these resources are locked into upgrading my ship. If the difficulty scales, I have the means to invest in the necessary ship upgrades. Don't know why that's a problem in the slightest. If you guys are right, then I will have plenty of time to prepare myself for the scaled difficulty well before I hit the 4k mark, which isn't going to hurt my overall effectiveness.

hzvjpwS.gif