11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Anyone know what happens when your captain has 4 traits and you do another trait mission with him?

• Like 1

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

I noticed her response is random regardless of which choice you pick. If you tell her unicorns, she might say, "Really? Are you sure...?" but if you cancel out and talk to her again and choose unicorns again, she might say "Brilliant!"

In other words, either your responses don't matter, her responses don't matter, or you should keep resetting the conversation until she responds to each of your suggestions favorably.

77yLQy8.png

To me, the answers seem to have an unfavorable outcome, an average outcome, and a favorable outcome as a result.

Generally, hard facts or advice seem to work better than confidence boosters or unfounded responses.

8f14270694.jpg

Show of hands: Who here thinks that Player Owned Port mechanics make it a legit method of obtaining the highest level armor currently available in game? I know many feel that high level armor and weapons should only come from boss monsters. However, I've argued that if you have a method that requires multiple high level skills, a bit of luck, a lot of time and/or tediousness then even non-combat skills can be a great way to create player made high level armor and weapons.

I'm sure that trade goods will be more available to players that get to the last area and have maxed out crews. However, I'm also going to guess that special voyages in the 6th area will never be 100% so you're always risking some kind of loss on top of having the luck of a special trade goods voyage pop up. It's a balanced method akin to camping Nex with regards to creating high level gear. I hope that Jagex keeps releasing other methods that plays on this concept (flasks and bloodwood trees for example).

The game is quite messed up. The system should be - the combat related characters fight bosses for materials (dragon scales and whatever) and after that they trade them to skillers who make the armors and weapons. This way both the combat characters and the skillers would profit (a skiller wont be able to make an armor/weapon without the materials so he'll need a combat character to get them and vice versa - the combat character wont be able to make the armor on his own).

Show of hands: Who here thinks that Player Owned Port mechanics make it a legit method of obtaining the highest level armor currently available in game? I know many feel that high level armor and weapons should only come from boss monsters. However, I've argued that if you have a method that requires multiple high level skills, a bit of luck, a lot of time and/or tediousness then even non-combat skills can be a great way to create player made high level armor and weapons.

I'm sure that trade goods will be more available to players that get to the last area and have maxed out crews. However, I'm also going to guess that special voyages in the 6th area will never be 100% so you're always risking some kind of loss on top of having the luck of a special trade goods voyage pop up. It's a balanced method akin to camping Nex with regards to creating high level gear. I hope that Jagex keeps releasing other methods that plays on this concept (flasks and bloodwood trees for example).

The game is quite messed up. The system should be - the combat related characters fight bosses for materials (dragon scales and whatever) and after that they trade them to skillers who make the armors and weapons. This way both the combat characters and the skillers would profit (a skiller wont be able to make an armor/weapon without the materials so he'll need a combat character to get them and vice versa - the combat character wont be able to make the armor on his own).

Why can't both of them do it?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The problem with this approach is that every character in this game has the access to every skill available in the game, and hence there will be plenty of people who can charge less overall because they killed for it and made it themselves, leaving skillers (who didn't get the items because they weren't the ones who brought them into the game) out in the cold, again.

That idea would have worked if either:

1. Not every character can do every skill

2. If this happened 6 years ago before achievement capes were released

and besides they already did that with Ganodermic Armor.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Here's my Meg questions of the week:

How to deal with goblins in Lumbridge: 1. quick strike to the stomach 2. Strike quickly, before they can strike back 3. Work on counter attacks, not attacks 4. attack from a distance, they tend to be melee based (seems correct).

How to break a pact with a demon: 1. Bind the demon to your service 2. Find a loophole in the contract 3. Destroy the demon (not sure, I picked 2).

How to kill undead in a temple: 1. Arm yourself with powerful weapons. 2. Bring a group 3. Bring food to heal. (I chose 3)

On rs wiki, similar questions have different answers that aren't even a selection. Wonder if Jagex is giving us "all questions are correct, but one is most correct" type of situation we all know and hate from school tests.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Uhm while buying tier 3 crewman traits aren't show at all. I just bought 2 morale guys, game didn't show any traits and boom after i check them one got - lucky for me - benefit trait raising morale. One is master of troll-fu martial arts.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

Anyone that was interested in the remote desktop thing, I looked into it, unless you have Windows professional or business your SOL, home premium doesn't work.

SOL? Ultimate here :)

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

I was thinking of getting a 3rd ship but with the current requirements for the voyages ... **** that ... only wusses need to sleep biggrin.png.

Then there's the ones like me who can log in from work and by the time i get home all my voyages are done :D

Emaxganis.png

12 voyages = 6 courses * 2.5 hours (not counting the special) = 18 hours per day ... not to mention sometimes you get like 3x 5000 seafaring voyages with 5-6 SF crewmembers so you (at least I) will have to skip a round.

Even with an RDP you'll have problems doing them all ;(

With that progression the voyages in the next zone are going to be 4-5h-ish,

Yeah definitely come when we enter area four we will be needing the third ship.

Has anyone considered what it might be like only having 3+ ships and not enough power to get 80%+ on all three if they are duo or trio spec voyages?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I was thinking of getting a 3rd ship but with the current requirements for the voyages ... **** that ... only wusses need to sleep biggrin.png.

Then there's the ones like me who can log in from work and by the time i get home all my voyages are done :D

This

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Yeah definitely come when we enter area four we will be needing the third ship.

Has anyone considered what it might be like only having 3+ ships and not enough power to get 80%+ on all three if they are duo or trio spec voyages?

So have the third ship anyway, just use it as the welfare ship to do difficulty 1 or 2 voyages that also train up your lower ranked crew. In addition, when you're having to do arc voyages to build up bamboo, these are perfect to have all three ships with specialty crew that boosts xp, items, and random events.

Even now, I'm wondering what will be the best mix of 25 crewmen. Will I only want two or three solidarity (overseer or first mate equivalent)? Will I want 5 or 6 of the pure crewmen and their special equivalents (siren replaces the seafarer). Will I want 1 or 2 those specialty crew like merchant or palmist? By the time we're on the final portion, there will be tested mixtures. By that time, we'll have four ships and some voyages that last longer than a day. My guess is, you'll load two or three with best crew on the long voyages then change focus and aim for easier areas and quicker voyages on the last ship or two. It should be interesting.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I think as far as progression goes you'll want 5 seafare, 5 combat, 5 morale, 2 product enhancers (i.e. Eastern overseer), 3 speed.

Honestly depending on your interests numbers could really change between speed and product enhancers.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think as far as progression goes you'll want 5 seafare, 5 combat, 5 morale, 2 product enhancers (i.e. Eastern overseer), 3 speed.

Honestly depending on your interests numbers could really change between speed and product enhancers.

You will most likely end up needing more than that of the "basic" stats seeing how many missiones require 2 of them or all and have high values.

Speed doesnt seem an issues atm since you can manage to send all voyages in under 14 hours with 2 ships

Emaxganis.png

Whilst I am able to send ships out during work, and comfortably sent out all voyages with plenty of time to spare in the hook so far. I've done the complete opposite with my upgrades this time: my first purchase (after buying new crew each day) has been the new rudder. Whilst it only reduces the time minimally, by around 10-20mins for the hook voyages personally I think for me it could make a difference in sending out some extra voyages in the next few days as I get busier for christmas. I can deffinitely see how speed is going to become far more critical as we progress.

Well POP has been really fun so far, but i have reached the Hook area and now face a huge dilemma. I am only going to be able to send 4-6 voyages each day. (I guess the biggest downside is that I will be falling way behind everyone else). I can send two out before work and maybe get 4 in after work but even that isn’t looking like it will be possible every night. I guess I will just have to reroll the voyages so that I only go on ones that can get 90% or higher on because if I fail one mission it only sets be back that much further. Im also thinking of focusing on the skull region since I can get in 6-8 missions of that type done each day and just upgrade the buildings. Then in a few more days I can maximize the few missions would be able to do each day in the hook.

Well POP has been really fun so far, but i have reached the Hook area and now face a huge dilemma. I am only going to be able to send 4-6 voyages each day. (I guess the biggest downside is that I will be falling way behind everyone else). I can send two out before work and maybe get 4 in after work but even that isn’t looking like it will be possible every night. I guess I will just have to reroll the voyages so that I only go on ones that can get 90% or higher on because if I fail one mission it only sets be back that much further. Im also thinking of focusing on the skull region since I can get in 6-8 missions of that type done each day and just upgrade the buildings. Then in a few more days I can maximize the few missions would be able to do each day in the hook.

go for a 3rd ship :)

Emaxganis.png

Anyone that was interested in the remote desktop thing, I looked into it, unless you have Windows professional or business your SOL, home premium doesn't work.

SOL? Ultimate here :)

Sh*t out of luck.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

SOL? Ultimate here smile.png

Sh*t out of luck.

Though of course remote desktop has many flaws anyway and using a simple, but cheap, piece of software like VNC will do the job.

You just have to have the VNC server running, with a password, on the system you wish to control and then VNC viewer can then log on to it via ip address easily.

I use VNC all the time - use my laptop to turn off my desktop across the room after using it as a dvd/blu-ray player at night. Use my smartphone to turn off laptop/desktop after leaving them on to finish downloads/updates. Connecting to Mum's desktop from university (hundred odd miles away) to help her if she gets stuck doing something.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue