11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Well, I'm trying an experiment. I activated the Fortune of the Sea effect while both my ships were underway. As such, I didn't have a ship selected. Right now it's saying "Active!". Now to see what happens when both ships pulls in.

I like the idea of permanent effects. Hopefully it's not a bug but an intended effect. That +50% crew XP will be most appreciated.

EDIT: Seems it just affects the first ship. I now activated the effect for both ships.

How does that work? It becomes a permanent boost? or only the next voyage? I was pretty sure those boosts only work for a single voyage.

My lifeboat has been active for a week at least. It saved a crewman today and is still marked as active so it looks like intentional or not it's permanent.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

No.....spikes?? Oh my god thank you Jagex!

Is that it or is the concept art for the other sets released yet?

Japanese armor don't have spikes, so if they added in I'd personally fly to their HQ and pull a Samurai on them.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

The face on the helmet makes him look like a transformer. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Do they have those flaps? I really hope they don't.

3948_obj_big.gif?id=26327

Fraps bring dishona to famiry.

Indeed.

• Like 1

Might be my plan as well.

I finally got a whalerider now (lol), but still have yet to pass the Chimera mission. Also have the 2.5k Chime captain now. :).

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I think I'm going to try and grab a few of the Scythe crew before heading back to get the slate for my boat and upgrades that way I can train the new crew on easier voyages.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

Just one day in Hook and I'm not doing too badly. :) I got a 2.5k captain, 2 Golden Katanas, and 3 Storm Riders, as well as a surplus 600 slate at the moment. A majority of the voyages I've gotten today I've been able to 100% with a mix of the new crew and some from Skull. A joint mission between the Whaler and Biologist required something obscene [for me] like 6.5k but luckily if you have them you can use multiple Bottled Cries on the same mission (which raised my chances from something like 66% to 79% and ultimately, success - 1200 chimes and 600 slate if I remember correctly).

I think I'll continue buying only crew until I find it really necessary to get any of the boat upgrades.

Bit of an off-note but I'm finding my captain's speed boost to be annoying rather than beneficial. I'd rather be able to send out 2 voyages at once everytime instead of them being staggered. Unfortunately it appears his speed makes an entire 35 minute difference between two voyages I started at nearly the same time with the same timespans. I'm going to look into remedying this by giving the boat with the speedy captain the worst rudder possible and the one without the best I can.

EDIT

Didn't think about it before but the best reason to buy the icons for the individual adventurers would probably be for the joint missions. In fact, that's probably why there's only 3 spots for them - so you can attract the 2 or, eventually, 3 that go together.

2dgucz6.png

Honestly I think it's better you suck it up and get the third ship first over scythe crew. You absolutey wont get all 15 voyages done in the scythe in a day on two ships. You could use the switch hitting tactic between the scythe and hook, but ultimately I think a third ship prevails over that.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I have to say, strapping a merchant to every ship I own was probably the best idea I've had in ages

This is great *if* you are 100% all voyages.

Anything less than 100% it's not so great; if you happen to succeed its all good but if you fail due to less than 100% then the extra percent from a normal crew man could've made the difference between no pay out and pay out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thinking of switching out port markers to see if I get more story voyages. I've only been getting scrolls and trade materials lately.

Also I find I've been getting a surplus of chimes... Like almost 18-20k now.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Honestly I think it's better you suck it up and get the third ship first over scythe crew. You absolutey wont get all 15 voyages done in the scythe in a day on two ships. You could use the switch hitting tactic between the scythe and hook, but ultimately I think a third ship prevails over that.

You can get a lot of Scythe voyages done and switch to the Arc for the final few missions each day, to use up your allotment. That way you get a good distance as well.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

renovatedoffice.png

Probably going to use the third for Arc/Skull voyages to get resources for the Workshop/Lodgings until I can get better crew to throw on it.

I'm curious whether it lets you upstairs once it reaches this kind of state. I mean from the workshop you can clearly see the upstairs of the lodging and the office do exist with the stair tops and floors but they are entirely empty in the early stages.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Office:

2cr992g.png

Workshop:

242iszb.png

Nothing to see up there.

Most likely just another loose end to leave space for future content that may or may not come...

That awkward moment when someone posts pictures of workshop and office upstairs being empty in response to "from the workshop you can clearly see the upstairs of the lodging and the office do exist with the stair tops and floors but they are entirely empty"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That awkward moment when this guy acts smart everywhere^

Does crew gets more xp if i will send 4 of them instead of 5?

What's better:

a) 4 crew members have a chance to gain exp.

b) 5 crew members have a chance to gain exp.

I have to say, strapping a merchant to every ship I own was probably the best idea I've had in ages

This is great *if* you are 100% all voyages.

Anything less than 100% it's not so great; if you happen to succeed its all good but if you fail due to less than 100% then the extra percent from a normal crew man could've made the difference between no pay out and pay out.

This is great *if* it were possible to 100% all voyages.

as it stands, the game seems dead bent on handing you mission requirements that increase regardless of how clever you are at strategically positioning yourself, with no way to judge how close you got to succeeding on a numerical level (yes it is possible to fail a 100% mission because I've done so) so counteracting said risks by increasing rewards by a hefty 20+% in certain scenarios where a fifth crewmember can't actually help you by an appreciable level (like in a multiple stat mission where you can't push the lowest stat higher) or on a mission that's stacked hard enough against you that whatever you do isn't going to significantly force the odds away from "kinda meh", I'd take the 20% reward increase over the few percentage points that might matter but I can't really tell because the game seems to be saying one thing and doing another

making my wins bigger feels like it works better than hoping that my losses don't hurt my wins too much

8f14270694.jpg