11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

The Whaler keeps offering me Plate voyages, and in joint acquisitions with the Biologist the reward is also Plate.

The Assassin has offered me a Spices voyage once.

The Occultist has offered me Chi voyages.

The Biologist keeps wanting to go on a fine expedition to get me Ancient Bones.

And the Missionary keeps trying to lay a divine claim to Ancient Bones.

These are just what I've been offered though, perhaps they vary but I haven't seen that yet.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The Whaler keeps offering me Plate voyages, and in joint acquisitions with the Biologist the reward is also Plate.

The Assassin has offered me a Spices voyage once.

The Occultist has offered me Chi voyages.

And the Missionary keeps trying to lay a divine claim to Ancient Bones.

I frequently get lacquer from the Convict. Between him, the Whaler, and the Botanist, I have a decent amount of spice.

Spices are something I have absolutely no interest in given that It is only used in rocktail soup, I have been and will be prioritisng Armor/Scrimshaw scrolls over the cooking one. In fact I probably will get the Rocktail soup last, as in last last, and by then I suspect the soups would have fallen to a price very similar to that of normal rocktails. The risk of failing the voyage and suffering the consequences pretty much guarentees I will never touch any spice voyages.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I do wish there was a more active component, perhaps where you could actually accompany your ships and do some of the fighting/sailing/emboldening. I don't really know how they'd encorporate such a thing with the current system and ever-lengthening voyage times though.

2dgucz6.png

I think adventurers here are just fillers for content and future lore sneak peaks into the eastern lands when they are released. Other than that the adventurer voyages are in my opinion pretty much just a jackpot of trade goods for those who took their time to play through them all. I feel that these voyages are much like the hidden rewards or side quests you get from main quests or like the farming lamp you get from livid farm. They serve no real mechanical purpose to the content other than as lore and offer rewards for fully exploring the content instead of rushing through it.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Did one of the convicts missions last night... Lets just as he is oooone shady individual.

I did a convict mission and a missionary mission today... between the two of them, I don't know who's the worst! The convict threatened to report me to the white knights (how did he know I used to train on white knights back in my noobie days? :razz:) and the missionary's a religious nut who calls the sea orphans beasts and wants to bash in zamorakian skulls... this is not going to end well.

I should be getting my third ship today, though I'm not sure if it's going to help much initially. I'm having troubles manning just my two ships adequately to reach the 12k stats. I also get the impression that the system is made just so that we're always going to have to take risks to get the trade goods and the scrolls. The reqs are always moving out of my reach. Time to man up, I guess, and start sending out more slightly lower % voyages.

Well look how vastly the increases in stats go. I think we'll be fine with our crew. I got a tier 4 crew with over 1k in a stat.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think adventurers here are just fillers for content and future lore sneak peaks into the eastern lands when they are released.

I would agree other than Mod Osbourne and Mark expressly said in recent QAs these island are the entirety of what is known as the Eastern Lands and that at the moment there are no plans to let us go there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Passed the winds home at 67%. Got my third ship and named it The Red Dragon. I got a beaurocrat on the ballet to buy and one down. Also a trader too if I fancy it. Going to focus on t3 replacements and buying the first deck upgrades after since they cost 800 cherrywood each.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The wiki makes mention of shortcuts unlocked when talking about voyage time, what are these? Is it like the special islands unlocked? Or the Story missons for that zone?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So, do we know what a Judge of Dice is? I still haven't seen any info in him.

From what I can gather of the bits of info I see of them, I think it's just a glitch they forgot to fix. I'm pretty sure the Judge of Dice is just the next regions Solidarity person, and not something you can actually get now.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

I did a convict mission and a missionary mission today... between the two of them, I don't know who's the worst! The convict threatened to report me to the white knights (how did he know I used to train on white knights back in my noobie days? :razz:) and the missionary's a religious nut who calls the sea orphans beasts and wants to bash in zamorakian skulls... this is not going to end well.

Maybe this is my warped sense of humor talking, but I came away with a sense of respect for the Convict. He's got the balls to blackmail me into doing the right thing in the middle of my own port. The absurdity of the whole thing makes it funny.

• Like 2

Overseer is definatly worth it since the Hook doesn't have it's own Overseer, which means Scythe's has not only higher base stats than a lv 7 Skull overseer at level 0, but also a way higher Solidarity bonus.

Merchant is debateable though, I have 2 Scythe merchants and I kind of regret it since I could have gotten a couple more lv4 crew.

Overseer is definatly worth it since the Hook doesn't have it's own Overseer, which means Scythe's has not only higher base stats than a lv 7 Skull overseer at level 0, but also a way higher Solidarity bonus.

Merchant is debateable though, I have 2 Scythe merchants and I kind of regret it since I could have gotten a couple more lv4 crew.

I still have my 20% merchants i dont think they are worth it. As for overseer.. I'll check on that.. just got my 3rd ship impossible to do all the voyages! need upgrades

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.