11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Wouldn't it be better to have 1 solidarity guy for each ship?

And to be honest Golem's aren't that useful anymore once you reach hook/scythe. The special once outclass it by far!

The golem overall tactical use is for those missions that you know are a real gamble. Each area has its own combat, seafaring, morale, speed, solidarity, trader, golem and special unit. The only difference is their stats and, in some cases, abilities go up together uniformly.

Secondly I stated 2 traders and 2 solidarity because it was a good number to go by statistically. With that said chances are you would never need 3 traders unless you were at the end and hunting specific materials.

Also 2 solidarity plays out quite well as far as probability in having solo, duo and trio req voyages. Solidarity plays out nicely even in solo req voyages. Generally they shine best in duo and trio req voyages where your crew may be a bit lopsided statistically. Now chances are you won't want 3 solidarity and want that golem to gamble with and that's kind of where I'm going with this. Even then you can't go wrong with 3 solidarity when you get your third ship. After that I think buying into a fourth solidarity when you hit the fourth ship might be questionable. This is due to traders being a possible good crew member for trade materials.

Imagine gambling on a voyage for say 4 plates. You could probably meet the requirements with a normal crew. But suppose each trader you put in might lower that max input by 20% at most I'm guessing. Each trader at the 6th zone would offer 35% increased return. That would mean pulling in 7 plates which is 3 extra.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Wouldn't it be better to have 1 solidarity guy for each ship?

And to be honest Golem's aren't that useful anymore once you reach hook/scythe. The special once outclass it by far!

The golem overall tactical use is for those missions that you know are a real gamble. Each area has its own combat, seafaring, morale, speed, solidarity, trader, golem and special unit. The only difference is their stats and, in some cases, abilities go up together uniformly.

Secondly I stated 2 traders and 2 solidarity because it was a good number to go by statistically. With that said chances are you would never need 3 traders unless you were at the end and hunting specific materials.

Also 2 solidarity plays out quite well as far as probability in having solo, duo and trio req voyages. Solidarity plays out nicely even in solo req voyages. Generally they shine best in duo and trio req voyages where your crew may be a bit lopsided statistically. Now chances are you won't want 3 solidarity and want that golem to gamble with and that's kind of where I'm going with this. Even then you can't go wrong with 3 solidarity when you get your third ship. After that I think buying into a fourth solidarity when you hit the fourth ship might be questionable. This is due to traders being a possible good crew member for trade materials.

Imagine gambling on a voyage for say 4 plates. You could probably meet the requirements with a normal crew. But suppose each trader you put in might lower that max input by 20% at most I'm guessing. Each trader at the 6th zone would offer 35% increased return. That would mean pulling in 7 plates which is 3 extra.

Traders can't stack

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Well I liked this update a lot initially, but now I'm growing tired of it. It's always more of the same. Do missions, upgrade crew and ships, do more missions. Missions are super long now and progress is slow. Hopefully the armour is worth it.

2480+ total

Well I liked this update a lot initially, but now I'm growing tired of it. It's always more of the same. Do missions, upgrade crew and ships, do more missions. Missions are super long now and progress is slow. Hopefully the armour is worth it.

What aspect of any game isn't always the same?

Well then don't no life it. I doubt that's what it was intended for. Probably was made to do here and there for fun. Just like everything else/every skill. But no, everything in RuneScape must be approached like a formula, fastest way to do this, that, etc. that's why people get burned out, and that's not Jagex's fault

• Like 4

Each area has its own combat, seafaring, morale, speed, solidarity, trader, golem and special unit.

That's not quite right. Every area has it's own Speed, combat, morale, seafaring and Golem unit. Then some have the Merchants, others the Good Fortunes and others the Solidarity (Hook didn't have Solidarity, Scythe doesn't have Good Fortune and Skull didn't have Merchant). So far it looked like each zone had an unlockable island with Rallying Cry units, but on Scythe, the unit has Resurect, however the Scythes extra island also has a new carachter claled "Judge of Dice", but no one has reported the stats or the traits.

Just from some minor number minding, I think I've found a few things people might care to know about the Scythe region.

First, the speed threshold. Basically, until you hit the magic number your voyage times will be realllly slow. And then when you hit the magic number, any extra speed after it hardly does squat. For the Scythe, this magic speed number is between 1700 and 1900. Any lower, 4.5 hour voyages. Get passed it and they all become around 3.5, any more speed after will hardly dent it at all.

The second threshold I've noticed is when the region starts to kick in and stops giving you so many pushover and over rewarding voyages. For the Scythe, it appears to be around 10% discovery.

• Like 1

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

Well then don't no life it. I doubt that's what it was intended for. Probably was made to do here and there for fun. Just like everything else/every skill. But no, everything in RuneScape must be approached like a formula, fastest way to do this, that, etc. that's why people get burned out, and that's not Jagex's fault

Pretty much this.

It's not something you're supposed to stay at all the time.

It's more of a D&D than a minigame to me. You go send a ship on a voyage and then do something else while the ship is gone. Just like any other D&D.

The second threshold I've noticed is when the region starts to kick in and stops giving you so many pushover and over rewarding voyages. For the Scythe, it appears to be around 10% discovery.

Another thing I noticed in all the regions is when near completion you start getting a higher concentration of trait voyages along with voyages from lower tiered regions. This happened each time when I fully upgraded my boat for that region and around 90% completion in the region. I can't be sure what triggered it but it has happened for all 3 regions so far.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

Pretty much this.

It's not something you're supposed to stay at all the time.

It's more of a D&D than a minigame to me. You go send a ship on a voyage and then do something else while the ship is gone. Just like any other D&D.

That's exactly what its for! You're not supposed to stay with it. Its very much like farming, start your timers then leave it to do other things till its done.

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Another thing I noticed in all the regions is when near completion you start getting a higher concentration of trait voyages along with voyages from lower tiered regions. This happened each time when I fully upgraded my boat for that region and around 90% completion in the region. I can't be sure what triggered it but it has happened for all 3 regions so far.

I've noticed the same thing, at least on this last region.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I've noticed the same thing, at least on this last region.

I've noticed that too. I think there must be an algorithmic thing going on behind the scenes to try and avoid overloading us with a resource once its 'dead' (ergo once u have all or nearly all the upgrades that use it).

I mean granted we can't see all the way through to the end yet but it does seem very much a case that other than portal cosmetics all the end game revolves around cherry wood, jade and stainless steel and even then that's assuming for the end game you swap the bar, the lodgings and possibly the shipwright between the theme choices that attract different things to gather crew/chase voyages.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's not an activity you can no-life ;) If you think I'm waiting at the screen for the boats to come back you are incorrect :P

2480+ total

Well I think it was a smart move to make it Real-Time based...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

We could have this or "Livid Port"...take your pick.

• Like 6

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Got the winds home quest for the judge of dice. Taking 5k in all three to get 100%.

Should have my third ship after tonight.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just wondering if anyone has received missions for different trade goods from the same adventurer? For example, I have only received Ancient Bones from the Biologist (which is the only one I have access to, so I can't check). I know my brother has only gotten chi gloves from the occultist.

If this is true, this could be another use for the things that attract adventurers. If one wanted to make melee armor, they would have to attract whatever gives plates, ect.

^

auzec7.png

I reread my post and realized that is what I said, but not what I meant to say haha.

I guess I meant, does each adventurer give one specific trade good (i.e. Occultist=chi globes, nothing else. Biologist=ancient bones, nothing else.) or can each adventurer give them all.

Or else they all have a set of Goods they can find, but in the above example, Biologist and Missionary both can find bones and just happened to have their bone voyages active at the same time

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

@cruseder4

Not exactly. There are 5 trade good types and 6 adventurers, so (by my theory) 1 would have to be a repeat. It wouldn't surprise me if it was ancient bones, seeing as how many scrimshaws there are, compared to 3 pieces of each armor set and only 1 new food.

• Like 1