11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I got a join acquisition between the convict and the occultist for 1400 chime and 650 cherrywood I plan on doing tonight at the very end. Might skip it to do the two story missions for both of them.

Edit: 12k combat req for a scroll piece... No thanks.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Anybody know how the xp rewards for a voyage work? I don't get xp lamps or anything like that. Does the xp get awarded to the crewmembers as a bonus to the regular xp they get? I've decided to try and avoid these until I can at least understand what they're really about.... :?

Xp is for you, not the crew, granted in the skill associated with the adventurer (eg. fishing for whaler, prayer for missionary).

Now that makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks! I guess I can start considering these voyages again. :thumbup:

Got my 4k slate and working on bamboo for the third ship. About 1.8k more... Should have it after tomorrow's reset hopefully.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

got a joint mission for four plates, so i think it's safe to say that the sixth area will have a decent payoff provided that you can overcome the obscene requirements

(note that this means the fourth area's usual payout would be two plates)

8f14270694.jpg

Xp is for you, not the crew, granted in the skill associated with the adventurer (eg. fishing for whaler, prayer for missionary).

Now that makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks! I guess I can start considering these voyages again. :thumbup:

I would have considered it if it was for crew, not if it was for that amount of XP. Hell I would not have considered it even if it gave 25k XP.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Hey, little tip to whoever reaches The Scythe : don't bother exploring that side with only 2 boats lol. I just bought a few new crews, and switched back to Hook and Arcs to unlock that 3rd ship...

EDIT : seems like people above me are in the same situation :D

"I've read this before.." ~ You

mah stuffs

"Y'arr Captain, what does t' lookout say about thar seafaring r'quirement?"

"IT BE OVER NINE THOUSAND MATEY!!!!!"

Semi-OT: That feeling when all three of your ships are equipped with lotus-tinted spectacles and your snipers go from level 0 to 2 in one voyage :thumbup:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

"Y'arr Captain, what does t' lookout say about thar seafaring r'quirement?"

"IT BE OVER NINE THOUSAND MATEY!!!!!"

Semi-OT: That feeling when all three of your ships are equipped with lotus-tinted spectacles and your snipers go from level 0 to 2 in one voyage :thumbup:

wow nice

I lost a t4 crewmember to a failed voyage ;( ill be getting 3 ships today and see how I manage to complete the new crew tier

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Yeah I can't wait for more voyages and getting my third ship. I think from here on out I'm only going do missions to buy ship upgrades, crew or the fourth ship. Ill consider upgrading to get better chances at captains when I finish buying my third ship because my captains are looking nooby.

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yeah I can't wait for more voyages and getting my third ship. I think from here on out I'm only going do missions to buy ship upgrades, crew or the fourth ship. Ill consider upgrading to get better chances at captains when I finish buying my third ship because my captains are looking nooby.

Problem I think its going to be hard to send all three ships with good %s at scythe at least until the entire crew is T4 which might take a few days.

Good opportunity to stock up on gunpowder and the remaining bamboo for the other upgrades :P

Emaxganis.png

Problem I think its going to be hard to send all three ships with good %s at scythe at least until the entire crew is T4 which might take a few days.

Haven't had any problems yet. +1600 cherrywood so far today. My first ship is currently combat-focused (~8.2k combat), the other two grind the 3600/3600 and similar missions, each with a bureaucrat & trader for 25% bonus rewards. So far, all ships are getting over 90% (except on things like 5000 all or higher).

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Haven't had any problems yet. +1600 cherrywood so far today. My first ship is currently combat-focused (~8.2k combat), the other two grind the 3600/3600 and similar missions, each with a bureaucrat & trader for 25% bonus rewards. So far, all ships are getting over 90% (except on things like 5000 all or higher).

Thanks for the tip. Its probably going to get harder as we progress more into the region maybe.

So you have in stock what, 6 of each basic type of crew? I can think on situations where that maybe doesnt even cut it? mm

ill have to see when I get new voyages today with 3 ships :P

Emaxganis.png

Thanks for the tip. Its probably going to get harder as we progress more into the region maybe.

So you have in stock what, 6 of each basic type of crew? I can think on situations where that maybe doesnt even cut it? mm

ill have to see when I get new voyages today with 3 ships :P

Ideal crew are 6 each, 2 solidarity, 2 traders and rest can be used for golems or zone special units.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Wouldn't it be better to have 1 solidarity guy for each ship?

And to be honest Golem's aren't that useful anymore once you reach hook/scythe. The special once outclass it by far!

and its heavily dependent on the special crew on how much of each of the normal crew one should have.

For example: The Feral Chimera are just as good as Golden Katana Clansman Crew in Combat.

Why then buy GKC if you can have a similar one that also has Moral significantly boosted? Okay its much cheaper in slate then again Chimera also has a nice bonus of 10% exp boost.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.