Runescape Pre-EOC

karnsy81

Any chance at all they bring it back? I have played since rsc, on and off really, (never dedicated a whole bunch of time) and I loved the game just before EOC. I liked classic, but I don't like playing on the "old school" servers.

So, is there any chance that Jagex brings back rs pre eoc? I sure miss the game, but just can't really stand all this "modernization" stuff.

2012scape. Make a petition, we'll get a trillion signatures and it'll come back.

Until then, OSRS is your best bet.

• Like 3

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

And I surely hope It'll be a separate server, I am not about to give up an aspect of the game that I have come to enjoy again back to what was one of the most primitive forms of combat I have seen.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

They've said 2007 was the easiest backup to use, and are not making another split to the community.

/thread

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

They've said 2007 was the easiest backup to use, and are not making another split to the community.

/thread

They've also said they would never release 'old school' servers nor reinstate free trade.

But it's also a much more heavier payload to manage two diverse communities rather than one. The same goes with three communities versus two. Basically that would probably be their deal breaker - that I top of the feeling jagex is catering to the customer demands versus what all MMORPGs are trying to always do: move forward with new content. You can really do that if you have a maim game and two splinter communities... At least not easily. You would most likely only see the company proverbially running in place getting nothing really done in the game world - other than "novel" updates like re-released content.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's been stated before that after August 2007, Jagex changed their backup system and that there is no way that a backup for ~October 2012 exists.

Sure, they said something similar with OSRS but it was pure luck that they managed to find a backup.

I wouldn't count on 2012 servers being released.

RSN: Canada Crow

85jcVSg.png

Professional Noob

"It's a known fact that you cannot lie on the internet." -Abraham Lincoln

"Time that you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" -John Lennon

I am not a Jagex Moderator

How on earth can a company like Jagex not have a back-up of their game? I don't really believe that tbh...

They never said that they didn't have a backup, they said that the backup would be unable to bring back the entire game and the server like OSRS did.

RSN: Canada Crow

85jcVSg.png

Professional Noob

"It's a known fact that you cannot lie on the internet." -Abraham Lincoln

"Time that you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" -John Lennon

I am not a Jagex Moderator

How on earth can a company like Jagex not have a back-up of their game? I don't really believe that tbh...

They never said that they didn't have a backup, they said that the backup would be unable to bring back the entire game and the server like OSRS did.

That, and something about their backup system changing, so that was the clear winner.

Inb4 2011 scape 2010 scape 2009 scape & 2008 scape requests

inb4 2007scape keeps getting updates untill 2012 :')

Dude olschool is totally becoming eoc scape in 1 year :P

Really? 1? It will in 5.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Too bad about no chance of pre eoc returning. That and how everyone has to start fresh in rs 2007. Would have hesitated anyway if it was free for all and i could play my character from back then Wouldnt have made the switch back there

I do have to agree with karsny81 that 2012 just before EoC this game was at it's best. May it be that the combat system was "primitive" but for me it had its own charm. The basics were simple but it took alot of time to master on different bosses. The bosses were right type of challenge and it required gameplay that I can't recall seeing on any other game.

I'm not saying the evolution of combat is absolutely bad or unplayable but I can't really seem to find much of reason with having the abilities. We have way little amount of abilities, they are way too buggy (assault lol), they don't work in every place (limits on bosses with stuns and defensive abilities etc.) and they are all too similar. As a person who has played multiple MMORPGs I can only think that RS combat is actually even worse now than it was before EoC. Compared to MMORPGs that are based almost solely around their combat system. Now it seems like a cheap and all in all pretty bad copy of the mechanics used in those games.

I wish we'd get the old combat system back. Simplicity was one of the main reasons I kept playing RS instead of switching to unarguably better MMORPGs gameplay wise. I do have to admit that apart EoC they have brought alot of good updates I would miss though. But I'm realistic and realise that so much time has been invested in EoC and so much new content based around it (new bosses etc.) that they can't go backwards now. Even if I personally think their direction is wrong.

u5zhkTY.gif

/thread

What about when they originally said they didn't have any backups at all? And then they just randomly said they just coincidentally have the backup everyone wants; the one right before GE. Do you really think Jagex does not have backups of this game?

Also, why do people think pre-eoc refers to 07? The people that want pre-eoc servers want '11-'12 servers, right before SoF and EoC. Not the lackluster 07 game.

• Like 1

Sugar_Nana.png

Any chance at all they bring it back? I have played since rsc, on and off really, (never dedicated a whole bunch of time) and I loved the game just before EOC. I liked classic, but I don't like playing on the "old school" servers.

So, is there any chance that Jagex brings back rs pre eoc? I sure miss the game, but just can't really stand all this "modernization" stuff.

Hey! While we're at it, let's bring back various OTHER versions of the game that are “pre-other changes that everyone doesn’t like”? Right? I mean, how difficult can it be to tailer-make the game to suit everyone so they can play it just the way they want it? Gotta be hella easy to do that, right?

Hey! I know, let’s bring back the “Pre-Restoration of the Wildy and Free-Trade Era” Runescape?

Ooh! And why not the “Pre-Kalphite King when there were no Drygores and Chaotics were boss” Runecape?

Oh oh! And how about we bring back the “Pre-Sixth Age The World Wakes Sucks” Runescape?

:rolleyes:

Ya know, really, at this point I am getting fairly sick and tired of everyone griping about the game and how awful everything is now.

I’m not saying things are perfect, but really. Evolve or die already.

• Like 5

nyuseg.png

Personally, I don't think I want to go back to the post free trade return BotScape that was 2011.

I really don't mind the EoC. Maybe it's because I'm F2P and our options are limited to a handful of abilities for all combat styles, but I don't find it all that confusing anymore.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I don't like how EOC made a lot of things easier to do than before.

pre-eoc.. missed a prayer switch on a jad? LOL GF NOOB

post-eoc.. missed a prayer switch on jad? totally intentional, just haled 50% my hp.

or another way.. LOL only hit me for 1k.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum