Dev Blog - Prestige

Matt258

I would prestige, but not if I would face a payout for wanting to switch back to do content that just came out.

Really depends how much, I think like 200k might be reasonable. Just acts as a minor money sink and small deterrent. If its a mill or more though its too much.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I plan to make a lot of money off this update

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I was also thinking t wouldn't be a bad idea to say have a daily limit of free resets. I think 5 would be good.

I was going to say the same thing but once (each way) per day.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I was also thinking t wouldn't be a bad idea to say have a daily limit of free resets. I think 5 would be good.

I would say turning it on should always be free, but maybe restoring your stats should be free once every day or every few days.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I would say turning it on should always be free, but maybe restoring your stats should be free once every day or every few days.

Actually I think something like gaining one reset a day and being able to bank them up to say ten would be a much better idea.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I have absolutely no interest in this.

It's good for people who have run out of things to do, but other than that, I don't see much point. I do suppose it'll reinvigorate the market for many low-level resources though.

Which is a god send to the economy really.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

200m dg xp/prestige ranking plz jagex

I wonder how DG will work? Just 200m after the first time?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Each DG prestige will require 200M xp for level 120.

I do suppose it'll reinvigorate the market for many low-level resources though.

Isn't bronze/iron/steel already expensive enough as it is?
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Each DG prestige will require 200M xp for level 120.

I do suppose it'll reinvigorate the market for many low-level resources though.

Isn't bronze/iron/steel already expensive enough as it is?

How do you know that dg will prestige at 200m xp?

Also the fact that there is so much bronze/iron/steel being shuffled around en mass that it might make it a much more merchantable item to flip. I don't foresee any issues and something like this coming might make shortcut items much more interesting. A lot of post-prestige prep will also come into play as well. Imagine when this update ones live and players who want to prestige will be all mining or buying their supplies to move from 1-80 or so as fast as possible. This would cause a great demand are "stir the pot" that has been sitting idle for far too long.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Random thought:

Could this not be totally abused for dg?

Turn on all the prestiges > start floor > turn them off > enjoy floor designed for lvl 1 skills with maxed stats.

I know not a major abuse, but could aid people in some situations.

Can only do it at banks - the post said. Last I checked, DG doesn't have a banker in the floors.

That said - not a fan of this planned update.

Also: You can reset at 99. That means someone with 13m exp that bothers to reset ranks ABOVE someone with 200m that finds this nonsense and wants to keep his exp showing.

Vmser.png

Well hopefully they have the system that will allow players to do a whole-sale like thing with prestige. For example I have 65m attack experience. Once the update goes live it will let me prestige attack the first time (13m xp total), a second time (39m xp total) and then i will be stuck working from level 1 to get my third prestige despite having 26m xp more. Or they could make it retroactive and let us apply the xp immediately and it would stop me somewhere around level 97 with a prestige of two.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's good for people who have run out of things to do, but other than that, I don't see much point. I do suppose it'll reinvigorate the market for many low-level resources though.

Are you dragonlordjl reborn?

OT:

Prestiging skills won't have any significant gameplay advantages, right?

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Are you dragonlordjl reborn?

OT:

Prestiging skills won't have any significant gameplay advantages, right?

They mentioned there might be some "perks". I think as far as taking so much time in a skill I think having a slight perk such as a passive 5% increase in xp or chance to gather/save materials would suffice.

Prestige perks would probably be much like how auras are and how they were viewed with the loyalty system. The longer you are committed the better the aura you could purchase with points. The more you prestige in a skill the more significant the perk gets.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I.... honestly.... don't......... even........

What the bleep are they smoking.... This will be shocking; no one save suomi style addicts will bother, and it will waste a great deal of jagex's time on what could otherwise be a nice squeel of fortune update.

meamzed.png

I.... honestly.... don't......... even........

What the bleep are they smoking.... This will be shocking; no one save suomi style addicts will bother, and it will waste a great deal of jagex's time on what could otherwise be a nice squeel of fortune update.

You are forgetting:

- DIYers who hit the 99 milestone

- End game all-around players (like me)

- Players who are passionate and love training particular one skill.

Nice generalization though. SUOMI like players fit into that passionate player category. They love going for the sake of total xp... In this case they will just have to be mindful of prestiging to maximize their overall prestige rank.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

What I'm not 100% clear on:

So when prestiging it still adds to your 'normal' xp until that hits 200m

Does this mean xp already gotten past 99 (or gotten past 99 after this update) outside prestige mode will automatically add to our prestige level when we turn it on?

The blurb about how the hiscores look kinda implies it would.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm not sure what I think about this update. I'm pretty sure I won't be prestiging, especially because of the increased xp needed for each prestige. Runescape already requires many hours to level up a skill 1-99. I would be quite a lot more tempted to reset if it still was 13m required to level up.

Random thought:

Could this not be totally abused for dg?

Turn on all the prestiges > start floor > turn them off > enjoy floor designed for lvl 1 skills with maxed stats.

I know not a major abuse, but could aid people in some situations.

Probably not

You can only make this switch while youre in a bank

. Afaik there isn't any banks in a dungeon.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Think about the positive side. When I tired of playing my "main" character, I used to create a brand new one. Now I can reset and keep my banks. Not too bad.

Or if I want to create a PVP player, I don't have to start from zero, too.

Aha_its_you.png