Barrows - Rise of the Six

chenw

Barrows - Rise of the Six

Sliske's beefed up the Barrows Brothers, and that means one beast of a boss battle. In Rise of the Six, you'll team up in fours to face all six siblings at once - each one more powerful than he's ever been - and earn some monstrously good rewards. Loot includes level 90 shields for each combat type; materials for smithing level 90 power-type melee armour; and six spookily adorable bobblehead pets.

RotS_News-13101743.jpg

Over-Umbra

Just north-west of the Barrows themselves is a well which serves as an entrance to the Shadow Dungeon: the staging ground for the fight. When you wish to enter the well, you'll need a Barrows totem: an item that can be obtained as a drop on regular Barrows runs, or traded for. One of these allows you to create or join an instance, and grants you access to that instance for as long as it lasts - that is, until you win, or everyone in your group dies or leaves.

RotS_News-13101716.jpg

Find your way through its depths and you'll reach a chamber containing a portal to the Shadow Realm. Make sure you're prepared and geared up at this point - you'll need at least combat level 180 to stand a chance, with the very best gear available and every ounce of teamwork and combat skill that you can muster. When you're ready, click the portal and agree to Sliske's challenge - and do all you can to survive!

Anath-Armour

The rewards for prevailing are some of the most impressive seen yet. First up, there's malevolent armour - level 90 power-type melee armour that sits alongside the mighty tectonic and sirenic sets. There's no better gear in the game for dishing out damage up-close, and the protection it offers is only exceeded by superior tetsu armour. It's made by level 91+ smiths, using stabilised malevolent energy - a resource that can be won by escaping the Shadow Dungeon with your life - as well as reinforcing plate bought from Saro in Keldagrim.

It degrades in the same way as the other level 90 power armours - so it can't be repaired, and when it's used up, it disintegrates - but that's a small price to pay for looking this blood-curdlingly cool.

RotS_News-13101645.jpg

Other loot on offer includes three level 90 shields - one for each combat type. They degrade in the traditional way, so they become unusable when fully degraded and can be repaired at Bob's Axes in Lumbridge, or at an armour stand in your player-owned house. They look amazing, and should be top of every high-level tank's wish list.

rots_shields-01141038.jpg

Finally, there are six new companion pets to pick up - each a significantly cuter version of one of the six Barrows Brothers. To get one, you'll need to use 500 malevolent energy with the Grand Exchange set item for one of the Barrows armour sets (note that this won't work with Akrisae's set). If all six of these little fellows meet each other in public they'll interact, so bring out the bobbleheads when you're meeting your friends.

RotS_News-13101546.jpg

Enjoy!

Mod Chris L and the RuneScape Team

How to start Rise of the Six:

• Obtain a Barrows totem, then jump into the well north-west of the Barrows.

Requirements:

• You must be a RuneScape member.
  • There are no hard level requirements, but you will need at least combat level 180 to stand a chance against the newly powerful brothers.

Behind the Scenes Video

See some of our players trying Rise of the Six for themselves in our latest Behind the Scenes Video:

In Other News

• Solomon's General Store is now stocking the latest of our artist showcases: the Ogre Infiltrator and Drakewing outfits.

Take a look at the patch notes for other updates released today.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

[hide=Patch Notes 13/11/13]

13th November 2013

Graphical:

• An Ardougne archer now draws back his bow string to fire arrows instead of the bow limbs.
  • Mos Le'Harmless bankers now face their bank booths.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

• A world hopping warning message has been added to relevant activities on the minigames interface, with an option to always switch worlds if preferred.
  • The minigames interface now correctly states players interactions with Wilderness Warbands.
  • The minigames interface has been updated to be more informative regarding player's interaction with Troll Invasion.
  • An issue with the minigames interface that would display Shooting Stars as next available in 00:00 hours has been fixed.
  • A small typo in the minigames interface for the Court Cases requirement has been fixed.
  • The medium treasure trail "cry on the platform of the north-west tree in the Gnome Agility Arena" has been corrected to mention the actual location.
  • A blank textbox has been prevented from appearing when leaving the Alchemists Playground in the Mage Training Arena.
  • The level required to burn elder evil trees has been changed to 90 in the Skill Advance Guide.
  • The lucky one-leaf clover now boosts the Divination skill correctly.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

• The doors from the Armadylean Citadel after Missing, Presumed Death have been removed to allow access to the main chamber.
  • A remaining god in the Armadylean Citadel after Missing, Presumed Death will now speak.
  • A typo in the Lost City Quest Journal has been corrected.
  • An incorrect message when using a Troll thistle on a fire during the Eadgar's Ruse quest has been fixed.
  • Lucien's name is now capitalised in his pendant's name.
  • A missing question mark has been added to dialogue with Fairy Nuff in Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains.
  • Speaking with the Guardians of Armadyl after the Temple of Ikov quest now has up-to-date information concerning the events for Missing, Presumed Death.
  • Saradomin's dialogue at the start of The Death of Chivalry has been revised to incorporate God Emissary allegiance in addition to Battle of Lumbridge allegiance.
  • The Death of Chivalry suspicion bar and boss fight overlays now have a smaller click area, and are assigned to the minigame HUD.
  • Solomon's Store pets no longer get added to your inventory if you have them out during the Fremennik Isles quest.

Other:

• Players are now able to skip all of the opening cutscenes in the Burthorpe tutorial.
  • Using a flask on barbarian potions no longer causes disconnections.
  • The god allegiance tokens from the Battle of Lumbridge can now be reclaimed from the Saradominist Preacher inside the Lumbridge crater.
  • Players who did not take part in the Battle of Lumbridge can no longer view the reward shop from either side.
  • The arcane and spectral spirit shield level requirements have been changed to match the other spirit shields.
  • Players can now add cosmetic versions of the lovestruck and heartbreak pendants to a dragon keepsake box.
  • Elder logs have been added to the Firemaking Quick Chat list.
  • Hati paws and Sköll boots now give the correct amount of bonus XP.

[/hide]

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

If the energies required per armor remains the same as the other 2 sets, it means a pet is equivalent to about 6 full melee power armors worth of energies.

which means a full set of pets is around 36 sets.

tim_chenw2.png

Seems like the totems are fairly accessible. And I imagine supply will far out do demand for a long while.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

From the looks of it you need to kill akrisae to get totems in decent amount of time.

I compared it with someone in HYT chat and I was completely ignoring akrisae, he was amuleting them. I got 4 totems in 16 runs, he got 11 in 3.

Not indicative at all, but those who do kill Akrisae seem to be getting a lot more totems on average.

tim_chenw2.png

From the looks of it you need to kill akrisae to get totems in decent amount of time.

I compared it with someone in HYT chat and I was completely ignoring akrisae, he was amuleting them. I got 4 totems in 16 runs, he got 11 in 3.

Not indicative at all, but those who do kill Akrisae seem to be getting a lot more totems on average.

That proves literally nothing (thank god)

Have to wait until tonight to do this :c

nope, the totems are going for 70k each, and they dont exactly drop like candies

tim_chenw2.png

Well I must have some really bad luck then lol.

Although i think it's to do with the sheer number of people doing barrows atm.

tim_chenw2.png

Hmmm, have seen some fights now, and most of it includes running and evading attacks, but I like what I see.

I do am worried about Brassica, as he does not intend to wage war on the lesser deities. So we won't see Colonel Cauliflower with his Bombatoes or the Elder Sprout and the Great Aspargus Warriors. :c

• Like 2

Its getting rather tiresome that "skill" in Runescape combat comes down to movement, where is the tactical use of abilities. Being able to spam click and mash keys doesn't seem like skill.

Silently pouts and wishes for WASD movement.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Team I was in (Fumbra, AD AM M, Lou is, and me) got the first kill, but we all failed to get out so lost energies.. Just got a kill now, sold energies 7m each, also got 5 barrows amulets, which sold for 4.5m in total. :thumbup:

Playing at runefest gave a massive advantage, knowing half the mechanics helps a ton. :p

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Team I was in (Fumbra, AD AM M, Lou is, and me) got the first kill, but we all failed to get out so lost energies.. Just got a kill now, sold energies 7m each, also got 5 barrows amulets, which sold for 4.5m in total. :thumbup:

Playing at runefest gave a massive advantage, knowing half the mechanics helps a ton. :P

How long did your kill take?

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I've just done maybe 6-8 chests at barrows and not got a single barrows totem :( getting 8 kc each time, which could be locking me out of them if they're a lower reward.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Kill took about 5 minutes, it's surprisingly fast. You get 1-2 energies per chest.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]