Barrows - Rise of the Six

chenw

That's the point!

If you don't know how the fight works, then of course you can expect to die more often than someone who does.

Until you use it as a free pass to ignore feedback and concerns... Generally, that's not a good idea.

Then again, "LALALA EVERYTHING'S PERFECT YOU'RE JUST DOING IT WRONG LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" may well be this forum's catch phrase.

• Like 3

I really think that you are coming from the direction of "i know how the fight works, and you don't, that makes you bad"... because thats how you are coming off to me.

Along with the fact that the bomb range is far greater than the visual graphic, and that every single one of the "specials that will kill you" are totally random and can't be predicted lead to a very luck based fight.

I never once said you are bad, nor am I trying to imply so... If I come across that way I am sorry. :P

I am however trying to get my point across that once you get acclimatised to the stuff that goes on in the fight you really have nothing much to worry about & it is all somewhat predictable and not that much luck based as you have said enough times... I accept there are some cases were you do get tough luck, but it's not half as common as you are making it out to be... 

Also those talking about Karil's bomb, like said it is quite deceiving but after a while you can build up a mental image of whether your in range or not, you get a good 3-5 seconds from the moment Karil spawns to eat & try and get away. He bombs 3 times on each side every time so just ignore him & stay away for that period. :) - Go back a few pages and I even posted complaining about the bomb radius lol, but I've gotten used to it and have no complaints now, without it the kill would be much easier = even less profit from Barrows so nty... It's only a matter of days as it is till it becomes absolute dead content. :c

tl;dr - LALALA EVERYTHING'S PERFECT YOU'RE JUST DOING IT WRONG LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU lol

• Like 7

Dwaynee.png

Trimmed Completionist 8th October 2014 | Check out my blog Here.

The bomb radius is silly, but it's still possible to avoid it easily with some practise :p

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I can get the kills, but to  get to this point, I have had to Skype with people, elite people (not necessarily always Seismic gear) for days. I have NEVER had to Skype before for anything RS related (and I have done every boss in the game, as well as my share of staking). Then after I Skyped, I basically had to suffer through various other people's deaths until everyone on the team was comfortable with each other and the current rotation. Sometimes this person DC's, black screen over there, this person doesn't want to Skype, that person's mic stopped worked, blinked this happened that happened, Karil's HP is down to 100, he teleports away into Bomb mode, Ahrim's HP is down, he teleport aways, got all my side killed, but other side unfortunately dies with all their brother at under 5K, and they won't teleport to our side, there's a multiple spinners + portals -- basically a very steep learning curve. It's too much effort to do this every single time, particularly when the rotations change every day, and the loot is crashing. It's getting to a point where I can safe it up at Nex all day and probably make as much money  -- that shouldn't be happening. Barrows requires so much more effort, the reward should be proportional. 

This is great for someone like iTrolledU or whoever who can stream for 20 hours at a time and has a familiar and old team at his beck and all at any given time. Most of us don't have that time, or people we can get together at any moment. So the setup time is just too much. This needs to be made more random friendly. I should be able to get away with this reasonably well with a team of forumers, not have to give them a 2-3 hour lesson every day on Skype micromanaging their stuff.

Barrows doesn't sound like a boss where you have a lot of options. You can't go and say: "well, today I want a nice relaxed kill, I'll go with lots of people in tank gear". You also can't say: "I'm going to tryhard this boss and get the most epic efficient gp/h ever, I'm going with a small team using power armour and I'm going to have so much DPS nothing can stand before me". It's basically always the same.

Looking at bosses pre-EoC compared to Vorago and Barrows now:

KBD - I wasn't there on release, but I think it's basically any antifire combo with protect prayer and your highest dps... so either prot mage + pot + bow, or prot melee + shield + sword. No real restrictions, just bring enough people. Also magic is useless but that was just a general problem I believe...

KQ - well, you can use any combat style plus melee, and armour doesn't matter to her as she has 100% accuracy, but melee defence helps with guardians. Other than antipoison, you can do whatever you want, provided you have enough people.

DKS - So. Many. Options. Solo maging, solo/duo/idk hybrid, tribrid in various team sizes, bring cannons, later familiars change the game, ice barraging becomes a thing... literally dozens of setups are all viable at various stages in the game.

GWD - Choice of team/solo, especially on release an important choice, because of the lack of staying power without familiars/ss and such.

TDS - Lots of options, also changed as combat changed, started out with melee/range, titan/uni choice, later you get mage/melee and the south spot with mage/melee/titan.

Corporeal beast - Well, the weapon's pretty much fixed (zs), choice of FFA (dps setup), tankier gear (Karil's! later on also Virtus) for smaller teams, magic is useless, not much in the way of ranged either.

Glacors - Mage only, but you can switch for the glacytes - no longer worth it.

Nex - One setup only, that is, pernix + divine eventually became the goal. Nex really really encouraged defence, only claws were really used for dps.

KK, post-EoC of course - Pretty free in roles, except for the need of a shield for the voker, which is an acceptable req imo, that you need a shield on a team. It doesn't limit that much otherwise. Downside is that in EoC combat, only dps is really required otherwise, so it's more of a meatbag you run away from sometimes.

Now, Vorago: different roles, but those roles have pretty sharply defined setups, also tank/dps isn't really a choice, dps is always better (except bomb tank). I'm not sure but I believe that increasing team size basically means you add more dpsers, not any other role, and it doesn't make it that much easier to survive either, you still have to use waterfalls and avoid jumps and whatnot. Barrows: no choice in team size, as a consequence, no choice in tank vs. dps, you just need that amount of dps, can't replace a single dps with two tankier people.

It seems to me that the later you get, the less variety you get in terms of equipment (excepting KK) or ways of hunting or influence from levels. That is, it doesn't really matter what your levels are for this Barrows 2: you get that 90 ranged/magic, ascensions/seismic (noting that 4b is a lot of cash), 85 defence, death lotus/seasinger, 95 prayer, curses, 96 herblore, overloads and that's what you need. There's no way you can say, well, I'm 70 ranged/magic but I'm max melees, so let me take on Supreme (or in this case, Karil) and take a few shots at Prime (or Ahrim), while you get Rex and also take some shots at Prime, and together we can do this. You also can't say, well, I'm going in with a shield and Vengeance Group and I'm going to veng/reflect/resonance this bomb back in their faces (or can you?). You can most definitely not say: "We're all 50 ranged so screw Ahrim, we're just killing the melee guys and Karil, who even needs magic shields anyway".

Barrows 2 would have been a *lot* more interesting if it had been like DKS: Six or seven brothers in a large area, it drains prayer a little (like spinolyps!), wander ranges, different abilities, different combos to hunt. For example, you wouldn't want to hunt Dharok while being under fire from Karil, so someone must lure Karil while the rest kills Dharok, but you can also choose to freeze Dharok and kill Karil instead, and depending on where the other brothers are, you may not have enough freezing or luring to pull it off, so you have to lure and kill another brother first, etc. etc..

P.S. Don't take any of these observations as factual claims or anything, just suggesting a trend which may or may not be imaginary.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I doubt it, most probably Virtus/Seismic/Ascension; T7 weaponry won't make a dent into those brothers, i'd say.

I don't know how I feel about this; how vastly superior the weapons are or how little it matters what armour you're wearing nowadays. Impressive nontheless, killed in your own armour hehe!

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I doubt it, most probably Virtus/Seismic/Ascension; T7 weaponry won't make a dent into those brothers, i'd say.

I don't know how I feel about this; how vastly superior the weapons are or how little it matters what armour you're wearing nowadays. Impressive nontheless, killed in your own armour hehe!

There's a trope for that.

There's a trope for that.

Now I'm going to be trapped on that site for days...thanks   >=(

• Like 2

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

5kEDN.gif

• Like 3

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I think it's worth noting that all those people are comped/trimmed with Seismics/Partyhats/various other expensive items.

Requiring 250 Malevolent energy (600M at the time of this post) for a simple pet is an odd choice, IMO.

• Like 1

The fact that that emote costs 3.6 billion GP is as hilarious as the emote is adorable.

That might be the first emote in rs that I've seen that is completely worth every penny of the 3.6b

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

wonder if you get them all in your managerie if they'll still do the emote.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

So... What is the rotation? :p

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Good job Jagex! :D -.-.

5mMrl.png

Shadow realm glitch

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.