Harbingers of Tuska 3/12/13

Ambler

I think the new Spirit Gems far outweigh the "nerf" overall. If they work like RC pouches (which it sounds like they do) this means that in every inventory load you can potentially carry 60 pouches at once (25 standard + 5 from sapphire + 10 from emerald + 20 from ruby). If you can only have one at a time, that's still 47 pouches at once compared to the previous 25. (Almost doubled)

I'm excited to try it out. Moves a lot more of the time spent Summoning to a less click-intensive process that can be done in advance, plus adds a lot more overall click efficiency thanks to the gems. I might actually start training Summoning again.. 

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Increased the amount of special move points for the Iron Within and Steel of Legends scrolls to 25, to account for how powerful they now are.

Summoning familiars now deal 50% damage against Ascension dungeon creatures, to account for their buffed stats.

Why is this happening

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Does the additional withdrawal/craft action make up for the 3 extra inventory spaces? Those slots are worth about 12% of a trip to an obelisk, which may be helpful if kyatting.

The Taverley shop method is definitely nerfed, though.

I imagine the more pouches you run at once the more this becomes valuable? The extra bank/craft action only takes seconds, and in turn you spend less time running to the obelisk.

I think the new Spirit Gems far outweigh the "nerf" overall. If they work like RC pouches (which it sounds like they do) this means that in every inventory load you can potentially carry 60 pouches at once (25 standard + 5 from sapphire + 10 from emerald + 20 from ruby). If you can only have one at a time, that's still 47 pouches at once compared to the previous 25. (Almost doubled)

I'm excited to try it out. Moves a lot more of the time spent Summoning to a less click-intensive process that can be done in advance, plus adds a lot more overall click efficiency thanks to the gems. I might actually start training Summoning again.. 

That only really helps if your making scrolls though, because if your not you don't have the space to withdrawal the uncharged ones.

Increased the amount of special move points for the Iron Within and Steel of Legends scrolls to 25, to account for how powerful they now are.

Summoning familiars now deal 50% damage against Ascension dungeon creatures, to account for their buffed stats.

Why is this happening

Where did you find this?

I half ass tried out a titan at work this morning I saw auto attacks of 1k.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Why is this happening

Where did you find this?

Hotfixes under patch notes.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Why is this happening

Where did you find this?

Hotfixes under patch notes.

Interesting, wasn't put on the ones on in the archive.

Not sure if anyone has tried out the scrolls yet but my guess is they must be pretty decent if they were worried about people titan spec'ing ascb's so easy.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So -- for the sake of appearing shallow and disinterested in game mechanics and slayer monsters and completionist gobbledy[grime] -- has anyone got pictures of the Retro-Dragon and Infinity sets? 

:unsure:

• Like 3

nyuseg.png

Some buff... that's the same damage as T75 ammo

The question then becomes "what's the point?"

Well they still have those special effects. Maybe it will be more worthwhile now to use them for longer fights? Granted I'm not sure how good they are at all.

hzvjpwS.gif

So Jack of Trades aura now resets at midnight GMT rather than 24 hours after last use.

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.

I wonder what else is affected by this.

• Like 1

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

So confirmed Jack of Trades and Festive Aura now reset at midnight rather than 24 hours after use.

Rightclicking Festive Aura and checking Aura time remaining will now show bonus xp left to obtain

• Like 1

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

So confirmed Jack of Trades and Festive Aura now reset at midnight rather than 24 hours after use.

Rightclicking Festive Aura and checking Aura time remaining will now show bonus xp left to obtain

UPDATE OF THE YEAR!

• Like 9

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Lol @ how everyone asked for retro kits for everything, then they say they're going to release those in December, people get hyped.

Then they only make Dragon plate (lg) and Infinity robes.

This'll probably reduce the demand for the actual Dragon armour and Infinity robes items, since you can just get the overrides for virtually free.

Nah, each of them takes two bonds to get, which is more than the price of the items I believe.  Although I'm sure I'm not the only one who paid 20m for infinity boot overrides...

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

*ahem* 

Pics?  :unsure:

5BerD.png

5Berf.png

5BeqC.png

5Beqf.png

5BepM.png

5Bepj.png

5BeoZ.png

5Beol.png

Sorry for just links, apparently I used an img extension tip.it doesn't like? (jpg)

Edited by Quyneax
Fixed images (add .png to link)

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

The summoning update seems frustrating. Bakrimminel bolts should be decent for pvp if they kept their near 40% crit rate on top of their increased base damage.

New monster seems like it's going to end up being a decent task to do for cash if the bones settle around 10 k, sirenic scale drops are as good as I've seen reported and the gloves are there as a nice couple mill bonus. I'm waiting for the hype around them to die down for now, I'll hit them up when drygores go back to their regular price and just keep afk making 3 m/hr. 

Best part of this whole update though is JoaT resetting at Global reset. Now if only they would have the shops reset in the same manner instead of their stocks slowly regenerating over time so I could do my broad arrowheads, JoaT, and festive aura all in a row right after the reset.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You'll also start to see spirit gems appearing in the game as drops. These can be used to store uncharged pouches (5, 10 or 20, depending on whether it's a spirit sapphire, emerald or ruby), making runs to the obelisk even more efficient.

Wow.

Wow. Goodbye Taverly, you will be missed.

• Like 2

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

You'll also start to see spirit gems appearing in the game as drops. These can be used to store uncharged pouches (5, 10 or 20, depending on whether it's a spirit sapphire, emerald or ruby), making runs to the obelisk even more efficient.

Wow.

What was the taverly thing? 

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Wow.

What was the taverly thing? 

Selling secondaries to the vendor and buying them back so you didn't have to bank, was a very fast method for very wealthy people.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

anybody notice that they had to "adjust" the female sets to work with the modern models, lord knows why they didn't just stick with realistic armor like they did when they made the war commander sets for battle of lumbridge, or when they made the original sets

hold on, i'll uh, get some images (released for permission to use on reference guides cause I'm too lazy to do that myself)

5Bi0i.jpg

5BhTj.jpg5BhTT.jpg5BhUt.jpg5BhV9.jpg5BhVK.jpg

5BhWx.jpg5BhXI.jpg5BhYB.jpg

it also occurs to me that they didn't put any of the plateskirts in

but hell, the only thing I want is the old staff of light back, the new one's like a twig or something

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Is Jagex naming new content after finnish words?

Tuska = Pain or agony in finnish

Airut = Harbinger in finnish

Finland for the win!  :shades:

Yeah, seems to be the case.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

The Airut aren't difficult to kill at all and have some decent drops, which should make them an alright task for their target level. Worlds are pretty full at the moment, with at least one person per spawn at all times, but that's to be expected since it's the first day and especially since there's an early bird special. Still, I'm not sure they were worthy of being an entire update on their own, and I'm equally unsure of what the logic was in having them drop new fairly good bones.

I don't really like the retro overrides. They really aren't changed from when they were in-game before, except as noted above. I had expected a bit more effort in "modernizing" them - giving them crisper edges and textures without bastardizing the original concept. It looks like they just copy and pasted for the most part. I still might get Infinity for the boots/gloves though :P

2dgucz6.png