Harbingers of Tuska 3/12/13

Ambler

You think the summoning update is bad? Wait until they decide that using your familiars should be first rate xp and they bump pouch making xp down to a lower rate. I would laugh at the complaints you have now compared to how people might feel then.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You think the summoning update is bad? Wait until they decide that using your familiars should be first rate xp and they bump pouch making xp down to a lower rate. I would laugh at the complaints you have now compared to how people might feel then.

Being better than a hypothetical ridiculously bad update doesn't make this one good.

I wouldn't even mind that much if they'd said "we're nerfing summoning training, and this is why". But for some reason they've decided that this is a buff.

The bones give 132.5 xp, so they are between Dag and ourg or for the average person about 50% more then dragon and about 50% less the frost bones. I imagine they will settle around the 10k mark.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

The bones give 132.5 xp, so they are between Dag and ourg or for the average person about 50% more then dragon and about 50% less the frost bones. I imagine they will settle around the 10k mark.

How quick are they to kill? And what gear is needed?

Being better than a hypothetical ridiculously bad update doesn't make this one good.

I wouldn't even mind that much if they'd said "we're nerfing summoning training, and this is why". But for some reason they've decided that this is a buff.

That's not hypothetical. Jagex said at Runefest that that's what they want to do.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Summ training in our citadel got a helluva lot better...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Quick, roughly same speed if not faster then dragons by the looks of things, and people seem to be doing just fine in drygores+ melee gear and soulsplit. Requires some attention in the same way frosts do.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

They have no weakness but it looks like they take more damage from stab weapons. They have some ability that gives them uber defence too.

You can't face roll your keyboard and kill them but they're not hard to kill by any means.

Sylpheed.png

Bakriminel bolts have had their stats altered to compensate for the removal of the pre-Evolution of Combat targeting ability

I want to know how these have been affected!

Any word on the new slayer monsters? They made it sound like you'll have to switch to a different style to attack them when they switch stances but I'm hoping that you can still just use one style for a slight dps nerf because I hate high apm things to fight *glares at TD's*.

The early bird bonus isn't that great so I'll probably just leave them alone for now until more info is out and use them as a profitable slayer task when I get back to 99 slayer.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Bakriminel bolts have had their stats altered to compensate for the removal of the pre-Evolution of Combat targeting ability

I want to know how these have been affected!

Any word on the new slayer monsters? They made it sound like you'll have to switch to a different style to attack them when they switch stances but I'm hoping that you can still just use one style for a slight dps nerf because I hate high apm things to fight *glares at TD's*.

The early bird bonus isn't that great so I'll probably just leave them alone for now until more info is out and use them as a profitable slayer task when I get back to 99 slayer.

I'm just using drygores on them, and that works well. I can kill them when they are in their melee stance, but It's quite faster when they're in the range stance. So I just target the ones on all four when I attack a new creature, but a standing one if that's the only ones there.

The only problem I've encountered is that using flurry to cancel their special attack attracts more of them, who may just use another special attack before the flurry timer has reset.

This doesn't look like a really useful update at all, imo. It's just randomly releasing a random monster with a random semi-worthwhile unique drop, without thought or plan.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Anyone know what changes were made to bakriminel bolts, and whether they are worth using for anything?

They are T80 with 720 dmg.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Some buff... that's the same damage as T75 ammo

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Flurry is for disrupting their special attack, it does hit a bit, and I think you get bonus damage (or maybe only Flurry does) for stunning them this way.

They drop lots of rune items, I've seen spear, platelegs, platebody and 2h sword, also clumps of 20+ death and blood runes, noted higher-end herbs (6 irit, 2 lant, 2 dwarf weed) and dragon platelegs. The journal parts are pretty common and you get a good bit of text per page, it's interesting and predicts further (mage-based) monsters in the same vein.

There's no real need to use t90 weapons, just avoid using chaotics without pot/pray.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Predicting crash of the price of Dragon armour and Infinity robes in 3... 2... 1...

The Ardougne cloaks now appear more like their original models.

Quick, summon Pingouin! HE MUST HEAR OF THIS.
Ya, they fixed them a couple of months ago.

I bet they broke them AGAIN, thinking that it somehow was the "right" graphics.

Any word on if they made familiars somewhat useful again? Not sure how to feel about the prepared pouches bit.

Difference in citadel xp?

Any fc's popping up for trading mask parts?  Nvm, ty hlf.

Some parts more common than others? (1 plate, 4 tops for me in a bit over an hour)

Any word on if they made familiars somewhat useful again? Not sure how to feel about the prepared pouches bit.

Difference in citadel xp?

Any fc's popping up for trading mask parts?  Nvm, ty hlf.

Some parts more common than others? (1 plate, 4 tops for me in a bit over an hour)

Most plots saw about a 10-15% increase, with summoning getting a large increase to bring it inline with ~smithing.

This summoning nerf outweighs anything good they did today. It's terrible.

Is it truly that bad? Or are we maybe blowing it out of proportion a little. You do the same actions as before in terms of withdrawaling/depositing to make pouches, the only thing it added was an additional withdrawal. 

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Does the additional withdrawal/craft action make up for the 3 extra inventory spaces? Those slots are worth about 12% of a trip to an obelisk, which may be helpful if kyatting.

The Taverley shop method is definitely nerfed, though.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.