Harbingers of Tuska 3/12/13

Ambler

Monsters are fun to fight. The combat xp is good and the smaller drops add up nicely. I killed around 1,500 today and bagged myself 8 scales (I think!), but NO gauntles. :(. 

You get a lot of blood & death runes from them as well.

EDIT: Half that number. I had bonus slayer xp. My bad.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Anyone know what changes were made to bakriminel bolts, and whether they are worth using for anything?

anyone who wants to test ingame can add me (white portal, duel arena)

Targeting the head has a 1 in 3 chance to slow the target's magic casting speed for 30 seconds. Hitting them again while this effect is active reduces their magic accuracy based on the damage caused, but this cannot be stacked multiple times.

Targeting the torso has a 1 in 4 chance to cause 1 life point of damage per second for 60 seconds. Hitting them again during this time has a 1 in 4 chance to add another 1 life point damage per second for the remainder of the duration, for a maximum damage of 5 life points per second.

Targeting the legs has a 1 in 3 chance of draining their run energy based on damage dealt. They are bound for 10 seconds if their energy is low enough. However, unlike other bolts, Ava's devices cannot retrieve them and they are always lost after firing.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Got an Airut slayer task (125) and found them quite fun. My only real gripe with them is that bonecrusher + DHN doesn't restore prayer points (or at least it didn't yesterday) so I found myself chewing through prayer pots more than I would have liked. Also that one task drained my chaotic claws of 25% of their charge...

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Sold for 9m. Jagex may have grossly overestimated the value of these things. (By may, I mean they did)

I only managed to get 6m for mine. Shouldnt have waited till this morning to sell...

They dropped stupidly fast. Someone in HYT FC for a pair about an hour or so after release and it sold for 38m. I got a pair about an hour and a half after that and only managed to get 20.5m (which now i guess i can be happy with). Sucks that they're only 6m now.

30 lp, 12 defence, 15 & 7 mh/oh damage over Torva.

AKA gloves don't matter and they degrade to dust, no wonder really. Just happy to see another slayer monster :)

Also, see:

melee sucks for endgame now

Sure, melee can do outstanding damage at Vorago but you also take far more damage, especially on the last phase where it really matters. Having more than one or MAYBE two melees causes Vorago to do too much damage to your team in P5, making the kills much slower because he knocks you back much more often. And from what I've heard, melee is lolworthy for Barrows.

4NIrZ.png

Bones are at 5k each at the moment.

Thats incredibly cheap prayer xp. considering they offer about 50% more xp then dragon bones.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

The reason the gloves are so 'stupidly' low (though I don't mind stuff being cheap, but in this instance it's cheap because it's useless) is because of the degrading-to-dust mechanic, and the fact that if you die you lose 20% on degrading items. As it is, most people, including top wealthy players have stopped using degrading gloves, boots, and even helmets sometimes because of this stupid mechanic. In fact, most don't even use their Comp capes because it turns to 5M on death in your graveyard and you have to go back to Museum to pick it up. So they use their Max Capes instead. Keep in mind that with the best stuff, you can only protect 5 items at most. For most people, that means, your 2 Dual Wield Weapons, a plate, some legs, and may be a helmet or a shield, and that's it. It's sort of silly that Jagex gives degrading equipment a penalty on death, makes all the high tier equipment degrading, only lets us keep 5 of them, and then it turns out that people have simply decided not to use half of the degrading equipment out there, instead, to save on expensive costs. Not really all that complicated. 

Jagex claims that "just don't die, or just unequip the armour before you die", but that's not really that effective. Most high-level bosses are strong enough that you will die even for small mistakes here and there, and you often won't see it coming or have enough time to unequip your armour. It's a rare situation in which you know the kill is lost and that you have to lobby or suicide and can thus unequip your stuff. Really, though, bosses should be about using the best gear you have earned to be able to fight as best you can, not having to welfare because of silly degrading costs/penalties, or having to worry about taking off your stuff before you die. The degrading mechanics are okay, but the penalty really isn't. And as such no one should be surprised that the gloves are worthless, and that the next few gloves will be the same.

• Like 3

The reason the gloves are so 'stupidly' low (though I don't mind stuff being cheap, but in this instance it's cheap because it's useless) is because of the degrading-to-dust mechanic, and the fact that if you die you lose 20% on degrading items. As it is, most people, including top wealthy players have stopped using degrading gloves, boots, and even helmets sometimes because of this stupid mechanic. In fact, most don't even use their Comp capes because it turns to 5M on death in your graveyard and you have to go back to Museum to pick it up. So they use their Max Capes instead. Keep in mind that with the best stuff, you can only protect 5 items at most. For most people, that means, your 2 Dual Wield Weapons, a plate, some legs, and may be a helmet or a shield, and that's it. It's sort of silly that Jagex gives degrading equipment a penalty on death, makes all the high tier equipment degrading, only lets us keep 5 of them, and then it turns out that people have simply decided not to use half of the degrading equipment out there, instead, to save on expensive costs. Not really all that complicated. 

Jagex claims that "just don't die, or just unequip the armour before you die", but that's not really that effective. Most high-level bosses are strong enough that you will die even for small mistakes here and there, and you often won't see it coming or have enough time to unequip your armour. It's a rare situation in which you know the kill is lost and that you have to lobby or suicide and can thus unequip your stuff. Really, though, bosses should be about using the best gear you have earned to be able to fight as best you can, not having to welfare because of silly degrading costs/penalties, or having to worry about taking off your stuff before you die. The degrading mechanics are okay, but the penalty really isn't. And as such no one should be surprised that the gloves are worthless, and that the next few gloves will be the same.

Yep, as I said in other threads -- remove graves, make everything degrade, and reduce the death penalty to 15%. Change protect item and signs/portents of item protection to each reduce death penalty by 5%, so that with both combined your stuff only degrades 5% on death.

Also, change t90 armor to act like Gano, where you use like 1/4 of the amt of scales/energy it took to make it in order to repair it.

4NIrZ.png

The 20% degrade is spread between degradable items you have equipped at the time if I recall. It's really not that big of an issue, even for an item that degrades to dust.

Even so, making gloves and boots of any tier degradable is a pretty stupid decision imo. They're not important enough to warrant buying a new pair every time they're lost or used up.

Sylpheed.png

The 20% degrade is spread between degradable items you have equipped at the time if I recall. It's really not that big of an issue, even for an item that degrades to dust.

Even so, making gloves and boots of any tier degradable is a pretty stupid decision imo. They're not important enough to warrant buying a new pair every time they're lost or used up.

I hadn't heard this previously. So the 20% is spread over say MH/OH Drygores, Malevolent Helm/Body/Legs, and Razorbacks evenly, if you were to die, regardless of what pieces go to grave? That's like, what, 3.33% each piece...

Hell, wouldn't it be smart to use degrading gloves/boots if they cost so little, just so that the relative cost of your more expensive gear degrading is lower?

2dgucz6.png

I hadn't heard this previously. So the 20% is spread over say MH/OH Drygores, Malevolent Helm/Body/Legs, and Razorbacks evenly, if you were to die, regardless of what pieces go to grave? That's like, what, 3.33% each piece...

Hell, wouldn't it be smart to use degrading gloves/boots if they cost so little, just so that the relative cost of your more expensive gear degrading is lower?

Yeah, I am pretty sure it doesn't work like that. It's 20% for EACH equipped item, which is ****ing retarded when you make bosses with special attacks that hit for 6k+ damage.

4NIrZ.png

Yeah, I am pretty sure it doesn't work like that. It's 20% for EACH equipped item, which is ****ing retarded when you make bosses with special attacks that hit for 6k+ damage.

Well that's what I had previously assumed, which is why I was rather surprised at Kim's claim.

2dgucz6.png