The Premier Club Returns news article/ premier club discussion

Kimberly

The Premier Club Returns

It's back! RuneScape's illustrious membership club has returned with new rewards for the upcoming year.

2014 boasts epic new quests, the brand-new Invention skill and more massive in-game events. All this is just a glimpse of what RuneScape has in store for members in the upcoming year. You really don’t want to miss out on all of this, so put RuneScape membership on your Christmas list and join the Premier Club!

Choose from three rewarding membership offers: Gold, Silver and Bronze. All three provide membership at a great price and are full of benefits and bonuses. Our Gold package includes everything here:

12 months of membership.

150,000 Loyalty Points.

Premier Club-only pet: Piggles the Flying Pig.

Premier Club-only pet: Commander Porkins.

One extra daily spin on Squeal of Fortune.

VIP world – an exclusive game world for Gold Premier Club members.

Exclusive Q&A sessions hosted on the VIP world.

VIP badge (can be toggled) that appears besides your name in chat and on the forums.

Promotional Items from 2013 and 2014, including pre-paid card cosmetic items.

Already a member? Joining the Premier Club won’t cost you any membership days. Your existing membership will be paused, and when your Premier Club membership ends, your original subscription will resume.

Entry to the Premier Club is open for a limited time only, so don’t miss out on any of these amazing benefits – click here and join the Premier Club now!

An important note about Bonds: You will be able to redeem your RuneScape Bonds for Premier Club Membership from Wednesday 11th December.

Any questions? Be sure to check out our Premier Club FAQ.

The RuneScape Team

hzvjpwS.gif

The 150 k loyalty points is tempting but looking at the rest of it it's kinda meh. 

I care little for pets because I find they just get in the way of me skilling and cause more misclicks than I already normally do.

One more extra spin on the SoF isn't that enticing. I budget $5 of every paycheck I get towards buying 450 which generally lasts me through all the promos that I would like to participate in for the entire year combined with dailies and random rewards.

2400 total world is as VIP as I really care for as it is.

Cosmetic items are also kinda meh, I really only wanted 3 outfits (one for mage, melee, and range) and I have those already. 

In other words I won't be joining this year.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I don't like the badge that will appear besides your name in the chat, as the chat was still relatively uncontaminated by RWT. Other than that, I'll pass this time.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I don't like the badge that will appear besides your name in the chat, as the chat was still relatively uncontaminated by RWT. Other than that, I'll pass this time.

This week on the Squeal of Fortune/Solomon's Store:

Show much how you love giving us money with the new [EPIC DONATOR], [sUPREME DONATOR] and [LEGENDARY DONATOR] titles!

Want to let everyone know it's your birthday? Use the new game wide messaging service! Only 100 runecoins per message!

cue the private server lol

I will be buying this for sure. Even though the 'rewards' are not that great I still think it is worth, especially since it is cheap for membership.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I would have gotten it if it was Runecoins instead of loyalty points...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I will be buying this for sure. Even though the 'rewards' are not that great I still think it is worth, especially since it is cheap for membership.

Except it isn't cheap for membership. If your at the current ratse $7.95 it works out to be almost the same, if you have either old rate $5 or $5.95, then it is an awful deal.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Except it isn't cheap for membership. If your at the current ratse $7.95 it works out to be almost the same, if you have either old rate $5 or $5.95, then it is an awful deal.

My bad. I still did have had the 'new' rates though. And I still think it is worth it, even though most of you guys seems to disagree.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

You can always just toggle it off. I will get the gold pack again this year for sure :)

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

I got it because the cost of membership was slightly cheaper than what I was already paying, and because it largely caught me up in terms of Auras. I quit playing right after auras came out and recently returned, so while other people had hundreds of thousands of points I had none. This at least lets me get a couple nifty auras.

• Like 1

4NIrZ.png

You can always just toggle it off.

It doesn't sound like I'll be able to toggle off others' badges. Pmods and titles are bad enough, thank you very much. It would be much better if Jagex wasn't slapping RWT options on every little thing, that goes for everything already in the game and every new release.
  • Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So if I am on the old premier Club and I get a gold one again now will this year be added onto the current one or will the current one be paused?

From what I understand your membership will stack. Once one runs out it will revert to prior membership paid. (For instance, if you were ever to somehow use two 30-day membership cards at once, they would accumulate.)

At least, that was the response I got last time when I emailed them before picking up the Gold membership last year.

Welp, im out. I think I'm gunna quit when my membership expires in Jan and move on. some updates seem enticing, but they're just shoving RWT down every hole they can find now. Was a good run.

Popoto.~<3

Welp, im out. I think I'm gunna quit when my membership expires in Jan and move on. some updates seem enticing, but they're just shoving RWT down every hole they can find now. Was a good run.

They've been shoving RWT stuff down our throat consistently since SoF came out and constantly since Solomon's. It's been over a year of this now so I'm not sure why this was the breaking point for you. You can always just not buy the stuff they're putting out there.

• Like 3

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

while 2013's items were actually worth going for (2012 was "okay", and they kind of gave away the "better" version of paladin in that beginner's quest), if you already have them from your premier membership last time, there's really no point to signing on since you'll get 2014's items if you wait until the next cycle

the loyalty points, while perhaps controversial due to the frontloading of said points, can be said to represent the extra loyalty required to sign on to this game for another 12 months without actually bothering to see if it's worth staying on, although given the upswing in world events and the increasing amount of "endgame" content plus the addition of what feels like the last skill of runescape, is perhaps a ticket to some kind of closure, although that is probably wishful thinking

that being said, you're still going to miss out on the pet if you don't get silver membership (which is a good halfway meeting point for collectors)

8f14270694.jpg

while 2013's items were actually worth going for (2012 was okay), if you already have them from your premier membership last time, there's really no point to signing on since you'll get 2014's items if you wait until the next cycle

Not necessarily. This package doesn't have the promotional items from 2012 and before, the next one might very well not have those for 2014.

Hm yeah, misunderstood.

But they could still decide to only include the promo items for the coming year and leaving out those of the previous year.

Inb4 they realize less people are buying this year's Gold membership package than they expected and decide to add in 2000 Runecoins later on.

Yeah. The 2000 Runecoins were like the only thing that really made it a good deal last year. They certainly didn't follow up on the newsletters very well, or they were at least made fairly redundant since they'd only be released a bit before a BTS anyway.

2dgucz6.png

So I've been told it's 24 bonds for one Gold membership.

That means Jagex is getting $120 for every Gold membership obtained via this method, as opposed to $84.

Smooth move, Jagex. Smooth.

Source?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum