11-Dec-2013 - The Bird and the Beast (World Event 2)

Ned

So Armadyl, who was most vocal in his disagreement with Sliske's competition now heads the leaderboard in God kill count. Sliske must be so pleased with himself.

He's still the weakest of the main Gods, by a longshot. (Supposedly Zamorak is on a lower tier post-BoL, but he still seems incredibly powerful).  ;)

The amount of followers really doesn't reflect on how powerful a god is, nor does the type or power of his followers... Just look at Zaros and Guthix...

Don't forget that Armadyl just killed a god that was previously as powerful as Saradomin is now!

Armadyl now re-controlling an Elder Artefact (we asume that Bandos' mace is one) should make him almost as powerful as Saradomin, and a lot more powerful than Zamorak...

The little goblin that allows you to rewatch the cutscenes makes a prediction that Saradomin will next face off with Armadyl... Do you think Jagex put that in there by accident?

Nuh-uh... That battle will be a helluva lot harder to predict the outcome of... Even the followers might surprise you:

Zamorak's followers might team up on whoever's side is opposing Saradomin's, and Bandos' followers have already indicated to at least respect the Big High War Chicken...

Personally I'm hoping there'll be a 3-way battle going on in which Zamorak sides with whoever is the weakest, hoping to turn the battle into one of attrition, weakening both Armadyl and Saradomin to a point where he is once again on their level...

• Like 1

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I think top of my want to see world events would be making the desert series a 5th age flashback entirely with crondis and het parts culminating in Icthalrin vs Amascut world event.

With the outcome being either het crondis scarabas and ampken are subjugated by Aamscut and she ascendeds beyond demi-god status OR icthalrin wins allowing the 4 facets to reform in to Tumeken who can then put amascut in her place.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Anyone have expectations of lamps being discounted? I'd like to get the best bang for my buck.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

Anyone have expectations of lamps being discounted? I'd like to get the best bang for my buck.

Unlikely now, as the event has ended - at this point Jagex should not change anything, and I'm sure they realize it.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Divination lamps had a 10% boost to XP, didn't they?

That's the 'discount' right there, I guess..

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

The little goblin that allows you to rewatch the cutscenes makes a prediction that Saradomin will next face off with Armadyl... Do you think Jagex put that in there by accident?

No, but history has told us that Jagex likes to hide little red herrings whenever an NPC predicts something. Saradomin Vs Armadyl is going to be a very tough choice, however I feel the winds of popularity will go towards Saradomin purely on name recognition. The majority of players probably don't know jack about the sixth age alone, let alone a decent level of lore outside of "I killed this guy and he dropped loot."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

No, but history has told us that Jagex likes to hide little red herrings whenever an NPC predicts something. Saradomin Vs Armadyl is going to be a very tough choice, however I feel the winds of popularity will go towards Saradomin purely on name recognition. The majority of players probably don't know jack about the sixth age alone, let alone a decent level of lore outside of "I killed this guy and he dropped loot."

I don't think thats wholey true I think overall peoples choices in world events fall in to 3 categories:

1) The guys who care about the lore and pick accordingly - in terms of sara vs arma I feel arma would have the egde here since sara is basically a jerk.

2) The guys who go for the 'good' or 'evil' side - this could be hard to call but I feel even if they've only played low end content Sara comes off more 'evil' than arma, so I'd guess this one would tip in arma's favour too

3) The whoever is winning/losing guys - Kind impossible to call until such an event begins.

Personally I think arma vs sara would be a much closer fight than the ones we've had so far but on the basis of the 'good' guy winning and people who know the lore I think armadyl would be the one with the best odds on winning.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Honestly I think players should be forced into witnessing some lore before even taking a side so that the people who actually care about the outcome aren't hampered by their ignorant, oblivious, or apathetic peers. Perhaps they should create a new quest that must be completed before one enters the event next time. All in all it seems like even these 10 and 6 week-long f2p/p2p world events have been lacking on substantial funding.

Also, progress/power bars should be hidden. That was a given for all of the events so far and yet I'm sure they'll repeat the same stupidity next time...

What JaGEx is failing to do is balance player freedom with permanently shaping the game. While RS is a game built on doing what you want when you want, the underlying strength of the story and characters that make it unique need to be preserved, which JaGEx has certainly failed to do thus far.

• Like 7

2dgucz6.png

since the death of chivalry is an f2p quest, i am not sure if saradomin has managed to maintain his positive reputation anyway

people making uninformed choices is largely the reason why wars happen, so i'm not too offended by the outcomes as much as i am about the writing sometimes

8f14270694.jpg

Honestly I think players should be forced into witnessing some lore before even taking a side so that the people who actually care about the outcome aren't hampered by their ignorant, oblivious, or apathetic peers. 

I'm sorry sweetie -- ya know I love ya -- but you have to realize the naivete of this statement, right? 

Since when, in the entire history of self aware creatures everywhere, have the majority of said self-aware creatures involved in any conflict on a mass scale, been entirely informed as to the sources and causes of that said conflict and/or the scope of its outcome? 

People don't care about the "lore", all they care about is being on the winning side. "History" is written by the side that wins.

I am not saying you're wrong, hun -- I am merely pointing out that this is purely wishful hoping on your part and never, ever, going to happen.

• Like 2

nyuseg.png

I think forcing people into finding out more about the lore is a bit overkill, besides they wouldn't really read it if they didn't care.

I wouldn't mind players who have done significant quests to do with the lore surrounding the current Gods get some extra advantage in terms of the amount of votes they get.

I know there will still be those that just skip through the dialogue and don't pay much attention at all, but even if just a fraction of clueless bandwagoning players play through the content and make their choice based upon what they witnessed, it would be well worth it.

If the quest or other content required before the event is of enough merit, it'd be played for its own sake.

2dgucz6.png

Exactly, so: 

Honestly I think players should be forced into witnessing some lore before even taking a side so that the people who actually care about the outcome aren't hampered by their ignorant, oblivious, or apathetic peers. Perhaps they should create a new quest that must be completed before one enters the event next time. 

Death of Chivalry is one, and that quest should be another requirement for one that shows Armadyl's true colors (and has very meager rewards), which in turn should be a requirement for participation of this Saradomin v Armadyl event...

Make it have unescapable cutscenes WITH sound and subtitles, referencing other gods as well, so at least some information gets in...

On top of that, it should be so that people's efforts beyond their cap should count just as much (but perhaps with much much less XP), and any form of organisation should far outweigh that of massive numbers just doing whatever...

The REAL question I'd like to see now is this one:

How does Mod Mark, the head of RuneScape in charge of development of everything etc etc, feel about players having lined up overwhelmingly on the side opposing his favourite god, resulting in its predicted, promised and inevitable demise?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I don't think thats wholey true I think overall peoples choices in world events fall in to 3 categories:

1) The guys who care about the lore and pick accordingly - in terms of sara vs arma I feel arma would have the egde here since sara is basically a jerk.

2) The guys who go for the 'good' or 'evil' side - this could be hard to call but I feel even if they've only played low end content Sara comes off more 'evil' than arma, so I'd guess this one would tip in arma's favour too

3) The whoever is winning/losing guys - Kind impossible to call until such an event begins.

Personally I think arma vs sara would be a much closer fight than the ones we've had so far but on the basis of the 'good' guy winning and people who know the lore I think armadyl would be the one with the best odds on winning.

I got to say that I agree completely with these 3 dots above. Especially interesting I do think that number 3 is; A huge lot of players just seems to go with whichever god seems to be the strongest. In my opinion this is really quite sad. Players should at least take the effort to read up on the basics of the lore (plenty of people on this thread brought up the idea of some kind of mandatory lore-info session before taking part in the event - Great idea!) before they make their decision on who to follow. To just go with the flow is something that disturbs me...I do know that it is a game and all. But still. It is such an epic event with a huge lot on stake. At least you could pick a god based on something, even if it is just based on which god looks the coolest. It really isn't that hard!

Anyway, it will be really interesting to see if Jagex really decides to put Saradomin versus Armadyl in a World Event. In that case I do think that Armadyl will be winning just like you, Sy. He is seen as the more good guy of the two. And of course I as an Armadylean will be doing my best to support him. No matter which God he faces.

Screeeee!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

you're not counting the mercenaries who just go with the guy that's paying the best?

Hehe, I think those are kind of included into group 3. Well, kinda at least. And honestly the rewards on both sides this far have been very similair. Pretty much the only thing which seperates them are the design of the armour, the titles/overrides as well as the emotes.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak