11-Dec-2013 - The Bird and the Beast (World Event 2)

Ned

I don't know why everyone expects a last minute discount; last World Event's discount happened due to one of those weekly faction votes where you could vote for a discount or not. There was no such vote for World Event 2, so why is a discount expected to be randomly given out?

I don't know why everyone expects a last minute discount; last World Event's discount happened due to one of those weekly faction votes where you could vote for a discount or not. There was no such vote for World Event 2, so why is a discount expected to be randomly given out?

Because they honed the voting system to be about meaningful changes to the way the armies fight in this event, but they did not forget what were and were not popular changes/progressions. Meaning things such as increasing frag rates, increasing cap and a price discount are all potential things that can occur without needing a vote and many of them have already happened.

Plus some jmods have intimated it was a possibility and no jmod has outright said no to it happening.

By no means a certainty, but its is a possiblity.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They've also jumped through hoops to ensure that you could afford every reward from at least one side, in addition to making it reasonable for players to cap daily. I get the impression that the discount for the previous event had a lot to do with how much of a grind the points were.

• Like 1

But also, surely he has enough divine energy for a sign/portent of life by now?

You assume he has the level to make one. You wouldn't catch Bandos walking into the GE. :P

But also, surely he has enough divine energy for a sign/portent of life by now?

You assume he has the level to make one. You wouldn't catch Bandos walking into the GE. :P

Yelps is a goblin, maybe he keeps his god stocked with plenty of divination lamps... Which would also explain why we had to wait an extra two weeks for bonus exp in the skill.

I think I'm hoping too much that when the World Event ends that the "scarred region" left behind will also mean Falador finally gets a graphical overhaul. It would be appropriate considering that these battles are supposed to leave "the world changed" after all. 

I'd take a shiny new blue and white Falador, even the craters would look graphically snazzy.

I have to say that scaled combat totally sucks. Period. It’s ridiculous to have trained to max combat and made/earned top gear, only to be killed by someone in Rune Armour and a Dragon Scimmy.  <_<

I had both a maxed combat and a low level account as members for a brief period of time. I would have never participated in the event at all if it weren't for scaled combat (as a new player).

The theory of scaled combat is great -- you should be using better techniques to knock out your opponent, not necessarily better gear. I've won a few battles against people who simply thought their ports armor would make them untouchable, and I'm a very inexperienced pker. It's beautiful to see a person who not only has great gear, but knows PvP. Those are the truly fun fights, the ones I don't mind losing. The game needs those sorts of people to teach inexperienced generations.

I know it has its bad moments, where things aren't truly scaled. We were used as a guinea pig (again) to test out the system that got very little tweaks to actual scaling itself throughout the event. But by and large it was a success.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

personally I woukdnt mind seeing some new war band encampments from both armadyl and bandos factions settling down on the wargrounds. The goblins, orks and ogres could have places outside the cities such as giving a more bandosian presence west of port sarim. While armadylians can have a few faction settlements inside falidor, varrock and draynor village.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

personally I woukdnt mind seeing some new war band encampments from both armadyl and bandos factions settling down on the wargrounds. The goblins, orks and ogres could have places outside the cities such as giving a more bandosian presence west of port sarim. While armadylians can have a few faction settlements inside falidor, varrock and draynor village.

Or caravans travelling wilderness supplying warband camps O_O :D

• Like 1
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I think I'm hoping too much that when the World Event ends that the "scarred region" left behind will also mean Falador finally gets a graphical overhaul. It would be appropriate considering that these battles are supposed to leave "the world changed" after all. 

I'd take a shiny new blue and white Falador, even the craters would look graphically snazzy.

They have mentioned a falador rework with a steampunk influence due to the close dwarven links; but they also said at one point falador won't be damaged by the world event (not sure if thats still true though)

Personally I think inflicting some damage would be an awesome catalyst for story, it could expose the Temple Knights a bit more and put them into emergancy state allowing us to be drawn further in.

The exposure of such things could also act to offer inroads into the mystery of King Vallance.

He and the Emir of Kharid were always the oddly absent rulers. Kharid was just pure he happened to not be around but he's since been added. But the faint hints of foul play by the White Knights in terms of King Vallance predate even the beginnings of the elf series and have only been re-enforced with the temple knights hints of not being as pure as they make out. To me it's one of the biggest yet to be told stories in Gielinor and it doesn't even have a single actual quest about it to date.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So any word on when exactly we get to sing:

DING DONG THE BEAST IS DEAD!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

So any word on when exactly we get to sing:

DING DONG THE BEAST IS DEAD!

Event ends with game update on or after 20th.

Eta of slayer update is 2pm Jagex time.

So ~40mins.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I have to say that scaled combat totally sucks. Period. It’s ridiculous to have trained to max combat and made/earned top gear, only to be killed by someone in Rune Armour and a Dragon Scimmy.  <_<

I had both a maxed combat and a low level account as members for a brief period of time. I would have never participated in the event at all if it weren't for scaled combat (as a new player).

The theory of scaled combat is great -- you should be using better techniques to knock out your opponent, not necessarily better gear. I've won a few battles against people who simply thought their ports armor would make them untouchable, and I'm a very inexperienced pker. It's beautiful to see a person who not only has great gear, but knows PvP. Those are the truly fun fights, the ones I don't mind losing. The game needs those sorts of people to teach inexperienced generations.

I know it has its bad moments, where things aren't truly scaled. We were used as a guinea pig (again) to test out the system that got very little tweaks to actual scaling itself throughout the event. But by and large it was a success.

It would also be nice if my damage wasn't so poorly scaled that a level 3 man could do more damage.

• Like 1

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Thoughts on that ending:

I suspect Bandos' mace might be elder artefact number 8 for a few reasons:

1) Armadyl doesn't seem a trophy taking type, yet he took the mace.

2) The mace glowed.

3) The divine blast seemingly disintegrated most of the tower and bandos body in to nothing, but the mace survived.

Would certainly make sense for him to have had 1 and would make sense for Armadyl to take it away to strengthen himself and ensure no-one else got it.

Side bar for those question 8 elder artefacts since it normally comes up:

We know there are 12 of them in total.

The Stone of Jas

The Crown Archival

The Elder Kiln

The Staff of Armadyl

Skargaroth/Guthix's Sword

Quin's Horn

Are 6 100% confirmed by Mod Osbourne or in game elder artefacts.

In dialogue for we2 Armadyl mentioned having used another artefact he is not proud of using; whilst a bit shady and could easily be one of the 6 assumption is this is a 7th artefact he still has hold of.

Which would make Bandos' mace number 8.

As a side-side bar Tuska is assumed to have the 9th as a means for her ascension. Zaros is confirmed to have never needed to ascend and via concept art appears to be closely related to Seren (ergo she never needed to ascend). Given their smaller influences it is probably Karamjan God, Fremmink God, Marimbo, Tumeken and Brassica Prime all ascended on Gielinor meaning they don't strictly need their own independent artefact brought from their homeworld. Which leaves us which leaves only 3 elder artefacts that we really have no indicators of at all yet, assuming all of the above pans out as correct for 7-9.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So Armadyl, who was most vocal in his disagreement with Sliske's competition now heads the leaderboard in God kill count. Sliske must be so pleased with himself.

• Like 5

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Thoughts on that ending:

I suspect Bandos' mace might be elder artefact number 8 for a few reasons:

1) Armadyl doesn't seem a trophy taking type, yet he took the mace.

2) The mace glowed.

3) The divine blast seemingly disintegrated most of the tower and bandos body in to nothing, but the mace survived.

Would certainly make sense for him to have had 1 and would make sense for Armadyl to take it away to strengthen himself and ensure no-one else got it.

Side bar for those question 8 elder artefacts since it normally comes up:

We know there are 12 of them in total.

The Stone of Jas

The Crown Archival

The Elder Kiln

The Staff of Armadyl

Skargaroth/Guthix's Sword

Quin's Horn

Are 6 100% confirmed by Mod Osbourne or in game elder artefacts.

In dialogue for we2 Armadyl mentioned having used another artefact he is not proud of using; whilst a bit shady and could easily be one of the 6 assumption is this is a 7th artefact he still has hold of.

Which would make Bandos' mace number 8.

As a side-side bar Tuska is assumed to have the 9th as a means for her ascension. Zaros is confirmed to have never needed to ascend and via concept art appears to be closely related to Seren (ergo she never needed to ascend). Given their smaller influences it is probably Karamjan God, Fremmink God, Marimbo, Tumeken and Brassica Prime all ascended on Gielinor meaning they don't strictly need their own independent artefact brought from their homeworld. Which leaves us which leaves only 3 elder artefacts that we really have no indicators of at all yet, assuming all of the above pans out as correct for 7-9.

wewt rogue armadyl!

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

anyone record the cutscene? It trips out on me, i get to the part where bandos gets blasted off the tower then all i see is the tips of trees for the rest.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

You can re-watch it at the ex-Bandosian tower.

Not really what he asked... 

anyone record the cutscene? It trips out on me, i get to the part where bandos gets blasted off the tower then all i see is the tips of trees for the rest.

2j3qh46.jpg

So Armadyl, who was most vocal in his disagreement with Sliske's competition now heads the leaderboard in God kill count. Sliske must be so pleased with himself.

He's still the weakest of the main Gods, by a longshot. (Supposedly Zamorak is on a lower tier post-BoL, but he still seems incredibly powerful).  ;)