7-Jan-2014 - Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey

Saradomin_Mage

So should I assume the reason everyone seems to be fretting over scrolls is because the reqs will get even higher in the next areas?

~200k off 90 Hunter -.-

It seems I've already finished the Architect's storyline, but not quite the Cook's. Was it ever confirmed what the trio would give?

Well, one of the reasons is to be able to make a quick buck off selling these things. Otherwise, yeah, as you move deeper into ports, the reward for scroll voyages remains the same, while requirements(both in crew and time) increase alot. It was a blessing to be able to complete all the old scrolls in the pincers. A blessing any newcomer won't have.

Around 5 or so people have completed the trio storyline so far. The reward, as expected, is 50/50 koi/perls.

I just sent a voyage to unlock wisp at 54%, which was the best i could muster. As far as I know noone has unlocked it yet.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

So you can at least make a personal cape/ring at the conclusion most likely, a lot like you probably could have made a Superior Tetsu set with the previous trios.

I could care less for making a cape or ring to sell, although I am curious as to what the "first" ones went for. I did see who I assumed was the #1 in PoP (referenced in-thread, actually) selling a Reefwalker Cape a few days ago on RSOF, but didn't get to see the final price. Just browsing the RSOF I saw a few posts ranging for 10-15m for either. Not sure why you'd pay that much for the ring, can't even show it off, but still.

I expect them both to settle at around 7m seeing how there's just "one" for all three styles, meaning to be "tanky" everyone who buys tradable PoP gear is going to want a cape/ring as well, save maybe those who want to use Alerter for Ranged. Not to mention, they require the same number of resources as a body does, and the resources are considerably more difficult to get because they're given in smaller quantities.

2dgucz6.png

So should I assume the reason everyone seems to be fretting over scrolls is because the reqs will get even higher in the next areas?

~200k off 90 Hunter -.-

It seems I've already finished the Architect's storyline, but not quite the Cook's. Was it ever confirmed what the trio would give?

Well, one of the reasons is to be able to make a quick buck off selling these things. Otherwise, yeah, as you move deeper into ports, the reward for scroll voyages remains the same, while requirements(both in crew and time) increase alot. It was a blessing to be able to complete all the old scrolls in the pincers. A blessing any newcomer won't have.

Around 5 or so people have completed the trio storyline so far. The reward, as expected, is 50/50 koi/perls.

I just sent a voyage to unlock wisp at 54%, which was the best i could muster. As far as I know noone has unlocked it yet.

Let us know how it turns out for you will you? My sources tell me you would be one of the first (if not the first) person to get wisp unlocked if you succeed this.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I need 5 more scrolls before I reach loop =D!

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

@Blutters

First reported reefwalker cape sold for 110M.

99% to Loop. Almost got it before reset.  :angry:. 

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I just sent the hunters single voyage finale for 17 pearl and 7 koi scales. I sent it with a FOTS and a jade merchant so I should see another 25 pearl from it. Also it was set at 91% so pretty much in the bag. If I'm lucky and its successful I should have 67 pearl and 27 koi scale.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Finally got to the Loop. :). 

6uLAI.png

First re-roll was for the Wisp mission. Said [bleep] it and used some effects & sent it at 57%.

52 story missions done, 87 scroll pieces found.

@XPX: What is your priority in buying things? Rudder first? Crew?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Finally got to the Loop. :).

First re-roll was for the Wisp mission. Said [bleep] it and used some effects & sent it at 57%.

52 story missions done, 87 scroll pieces found.

Your post makes me think of Captain Dan challenging God in the crows nest during the hurricane in Forrest Gump.

Someone post a video clip with POP captions!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

@XPX: What is your priority in buying things? Rudder first? Crew?

You know, i'm not entirely sure yet. That's partially because i don't have all the information yet(for example wisp stats) and partially because the loop will be different from other regions in that resources will be scarce throughout the region. I'll soon have enough for a merchant so that might be the first buy in order to use it on trio final. Otherwise i'm contemplating crew vs. rudder. Rudder is mostly for luxury as it'll be useful for 3/7 missions(single). Then again, crew is damn expensive...

Also- for those lucky(or good) enough to get into the loop today will have the opportunity for gossip. And yeah, i'd rage if i get anything else than 'cotta from it.

• Like 2

Thanks xpx.

I got a 900 steel mission from the Barmaid's special ..  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:. 

4K469.png

Thanks xpx.

I got a 900 steel mission from the Barmaid's special .. :angry: :angry: :angry:.

Its not valentines day... its too early for jagex love.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just hit the loop and got a 400 terracotta mission from the Barmaid :). Also sent out my island unlock at 66%, yay.

p.s. you get almost 3k chimes from 400 terracotta, it seems Jagex has fixed the imbalance between chimes/resources that exists in the Pincers. I would like to have more than 200k chimes now, though...

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Thanks xpx.

I got a 900 steel mission from the Barmaid's special ..  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:. 

Not only did i not get to unlock wisp, i also lost 543 'cotta for my failiure... so yeah, it could be worse.

Loop region unlock crew: Wisp, 5550 Chimes, 1250 Terracotta

Rallying Cry, 300 Morale, 750 Combat, 750 Sea, 800 Speed.

Looks like a good triple crew considering new merchant.

There isn't really a sink for chimes though... that's a bad thing.

you mean besides the frequent hiring and then disappointment with really expensive captains
Frequent hiring? Sorry mets stats don't put me at such a large disappointment. Unless the captain has something like feeble then I'm not too concerned... not to mention I think you earn them back at a crazy rate anyway.

Oh and my hunter single voyage finale was a partial success earning me 5 pearl and 1 koi scale. Does that mean I won't get the voyage again?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

you will urza.

Just hit loop today myself, 9/12 new scrolls, sent out another one

I have a terrible decision to make... My wisp unlock voyage just happens to be the third slot voyage... i have not gotten my gossip yet...

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

you will urza.

Just hit loop today myself, 9/12 new scrolls, sent out another one

I have a terrible decision to make... My wisp unlock voyage just happens to be the third slot voyage... i have not gotten my gossip yet...

Oh thank goodness! I thoughmt I missed out on an amazing reward. I guess this is a slight possitive because I got a special voyage worth in pearl plus a koi scale.

Also if I were you I would wait for all your voyages to come back. Then when you can send out the wisp with beefed up stats using rewards and such. After that use whatever remains with the barmaids voyage.

What matters is unlocking the wisp if its unit is helpful to you. You'll earn tons of terracotta later anyways. Besides after ship upgrades and buying units its only going to be used to buy trade goods anyways. Granted tradable capes and rings might sell good at the start so that potentially high stat or unique bility unit will come more in handy for success over a 400 terracotta voyage. But the terracotta earned from that one gossip voyage should be negligable.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That would not be possible, since the next time I'll be checking my voyage would be this time tomorrow, hence the gossip day would have passed. I have decided to keep the wisp voyage

tim_chenw2.png

That would not be possible, since the next time I'll be checking my voyage would be this time tomorrow, hence the gossip day would have passed. I have decided to keep the wisp voyage

Wise choice considering using rerolls for new crew plus a potential new unit appearing would be more ideal. Moreso than a one off terracotta voyage.

Good luck!

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Chenw, if i were in your situation, i'd ditch the wisp voyage and do gossip. The voyage itself is a coin-flip and you'll get one every day anyway- can't say these things about gossip.

And don't listen to urza about resources as he clearly has no idea what he is talking about and is talking along conventional port logic, which doesn't apply to everything. Resources are EXTREMELY rare in the loop- so much so you might not get enough to get full crew and ship updates until you get to the shield. That should be in your consideration.

As for distances in the loop, i was wrong before suggesting 6.6k for standard- 6.8k is standard, 9.9k for long and i've encountered 70% and 80% voyages also. Distance to shield is 1.8m, thus 4.1m total distance.

I changed my mind just before i read the post, I did indeed roll a 400 terracotta gossip (9280 trio, should be easily manageable), waiting on the voyage again next.

tim_chenw2.png

Chenw, if i were in your situation, i'd ditch the wisp voyage and do gossip. The voyage itself is a coin-flip and you'll get one every day anyway- can't say there things about gossip.

And don't listen to urza about resources as he clearly has no idea what he is talking about and is talking along conventional port logic, which doesn't apply to everything. Resources are EXTREMELY rare in the loop- so much so you might not get enough to get full crew and ship updates until you get to the shield. That should be in your consideration.

As for distances in the loop, i was wrong before suggesting 6.6k for standard- 6.8k is standard, 9.9k for long and i've encountered 70% and 80% voyages also. Distance to shield is 1.8m, thus 4.1m total distance.

No, it is a RNG with success based on whether it calls a number outside the percentage covered by the voyage percent. I've also heard about players not getting their special unit voyages for days so you are wrong there. You do not get one special unity voyage a day.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Chenw, if i were in your situation, i'd ditch the wisp voyage and do gossip. The voyage itself is a coin-flip and you'll get one every day anyway- can't say there things about gossip.

No, it is a RNG with success based on whether it calls a number outside the percentage covered by the voyage percent. I've also heard about players not getting their special unit voyages for days so you are wrong there. You do not get one special unity voyage a day.

And you do not get a random event per day, but yet i've always got one. Long story short- it is by no means rare(i've had 2).

Before the update I was converting all my crew to level 10 oxheads for fun but once the update came along I had 12 oxheads and it's really bad for pincers missions lol. Since I have to replace them soon I made them into a zombie crew :P http://puu.sh/6veUL.jpg The question is whether the zombies will eat the captain before the boat crashes!

rs is more fun when you set your own goals :)

• Like 2